GDT: Omaha Mavericks @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Omaha Mavericks @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Coach Hansen brings the Mavs in with 2-5 record. They are 7-16 overall with a most difficult OOC. The Mavs have also has their share of injuries to add to the loss of most of the offense from last year. They defeated Denver and WIU in Baxter Arena. This past game also saw the return of Hahn who came off the bench last year for 4.3 boards and 11.7 points. He was averaging 3 more rebounds this year prior to injury. The Mavs are only averaging 78 points per game this year compared to 84 last year. I hope I am wrong, but there is not likely to be lots of defense played tonight. Omaha is 1-11 on the road this year. This should continue the trend tonight at Frost with the Jackrabbits running past Omaha. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Omaha Mavericks @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Jacks are a big favorite of 14.5. I expect a very focused effort throughout the game after 2 games with VERY shaky 2nd half performances. This is a team we should beat by 20 at home. If we have a 2nd half letdown against a team like Omaha, preceded by the two previous 2nd halves, I'll be a bit worried.

Comment

I think that SDSU should win this game regardless what happens but I would like to se Daum and Jenkins Jr come out of their funk. They have shot about 50% of SDSU's shots the last two games. In those games, they have made 31% FG's with 8 TO's (IPFW) and 34% FG's and 7 TO's (USD). I am not doubting either one but it sure makes the game a lot tougher/uglier when you don't shoot it well and have a problem hanging on to the ball. This would be good game to get rolling again with Omaha's defense not being really solid. NDSU comes in on Thursday and their defense should be much tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I think that SDSU should win this game regardless what happens but I would like to se Daum and Jenkins Jr come out of their funk. They have shot about 50% of SDSU's shots the last two games. In those games, they have made 31% FG's with 8 TO's (IPFW) and 34% FG's and 7 TO's (USD). I am not doubting either one but it sure makes the game a lot tougher/uglier when you don't shoot it well and have a problem hanging on to the ball. This would be good game to get rolling again with Omaha's defense not being really solid. NDSU comes in on Thursday and their defense should be much tougher.
        Jenkins, as a freshman, gets a fair bit of slack from me. Daum, not as much, although it's hard to remember sometimes that he's not a senior but a junior.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

On ESPN3 for those of us that are tired of that awful Premier Bank commercial!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Honestly, I'll take that over the addiction network commercial that we'll see every break on the ESPN3 stream.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Honestly, I'll take that over the addiction network commercial that we'll see every break on the ESPN3 stream.
              You mean the one with the creepy dude with the crooked glasses?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Jenkins, as a freshman, gets a fair bit of slack from me. Daum, not as much, although it's hard to remember sometimes that he's not a senior but a junior.
                Daum is at his best when he scores within the offense. These last few games he has been forcing it way too much. He also seems to have started shooting more fade away threes (maybe I am just noticing them more).

Jenkins, for all of his success, is still learning how to play at this level. So I completely agree that he gets a little more slack. Although, it is getting late enough in the season that he really isn't a "freshman" anymore.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Pound the rock inside all night and give Daum a chance to get to the line. If doubled, he can pass it to an open shooter or another player and pop out for a three. They seem to be taking marginal shots too quick in the shot clock lately. Just need to get back to efficiency like they had earlier in the year and continue to improve on defense.

We scorched them in their gym and there isn't any reason we don't do it again. They had nothing to stop us a few weeks ago using the formula above.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    If you are talking about the "air quotes" one, they really need to retire it. They've been playing that for what, 3 Summit League tourneys, plus the All-Access broadcasts ? It was creepy the first time they ran it and doesn't get any better with age. They have to have a big enough promotional budget to produce a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      You mean the one with the creepy dude with the crooked glasses?
                      You know it... I don't know which one I can't stand more... Him or the Mesothelioma guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        Daum is at his best when he scores within the offense. These last few games he has been forcing it way too much. He also seems to have started shooting more fade away threes (maybe I am just noticing them more).
                        Can't argue with this. I hope to see a lot more passing and FT tonight and less 3's off the dribble by Jenkins and fade away NBA shots by Daum. Those are awesome on the 3 or 4 nights a year where the team can't miss but are a killer on nights like last Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Pound the rock inside all night and give Daum a chance to get to the line. If doubled, he can pass it to an open shooter or another player and pop out for a three. They seem to be taking marginal shots too quick in the shot clock lately. Just need to get back to efficiency like they had earlier in the year and continue to improve on defense.

We scorched them in their gym and there isn't any reason we don't do it again. They had nothing to stop us a few weeks ago using the formula above.

SUPERBUNNY
                          Honestly, they have been trying to get it inside to Daum and he's been getting double teamed from the back side and he hasn't been able to find an open shooter. It's almost like the plan is just to have all 4 guys stand outside and watch Daum do his thing. Defenses figured it out and brought help from the side where he couldn't see the open guy and that open guy hasn't been moving enough to get open. I am guessing that after the last two games of getting worked by the same defensive strategy, they come up with a way to counter on offense. I would hope anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            If you are talking about the "air quotes" one, they really need to retire it. They've been playing that for what, 3 Summit League tourneys, plus the All-Access broadcasts ? It was creepy the first time they ran it and doesn't get any better with age. They have to have a big enough promotional budget to produce a new one.
                            I don't know what you're... "talking about".

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              I don't know what you're... "talking about".
                              I don't "own a toothbrush"
                              I "pop my whiteheads with my compass from high school"

Those kinda air quotes? Don't think I've seen this commercial.

Comment

Working...
                              X