GDT: Omaha Mavericks @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Omaha Mavericks @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Very good, 20-point win. I think it beat expectations. Daum and King played especially well. Flatten and Key were good, too. Good job, Jacks!
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Honestly, they have been trying to get it inside to Daum and he's been getting double teamed from the back side and he hasn't been able to find an open shooter. It's almost like the plan is just to have all 4 guys stand outside and watch Daum do his thing. Defenses figured it out and brought help from the side where he couldn't see the open guy and that open guy hasn't been moving enough to get open. I am guessing that after the last two games of getting worked by the same defensive strategy, they come up with a way to counter on offense. I would hope anyway.
      The team had issues with Wolters doing that too.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Very good, 20-point win. I think it beat expectations. Daum and King played especially well. Flatten and Key were good, too. Good job, Jacks!
        Lookiing at box scores and Jenkins was 6-25 Saturday against fort wayne, that 25 includes 2 and 3 attempts together. Tonight 2-13, 2 and 3 attempts combined. We are missing our zip on offense, as long as 24 gets enough points for us to win, that's what counts.

Comment

What bench? Howell apparently is injured, and everyone else played, even Brown.
          I'm pretty sure the only reason Beau was put in and was given a shot was because the Pep Band started chanting his name and, "We want Beau" after the last media timeout. Otz gave them what the people wanted.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Honestly, they have been trying to get it inside to Daum and he's been getting double teamed from the back side and he hasn't been able to find an open shooter. It's almost like the plan is just to have all 4 guys stand outside and watch Daum do his thing. Defenses figured it out and brought help from the side where he couldn't see the open guy and that open guy hasn't been moving enough to get open. I am guessing that after the last two games of getting worked by the same defensive strategy, they come up with a way to counter on offense. I would hope anyway.
            We’ll see. Omaha’s defense might even be worse than SDSUs. I wouldn’t put much stock into this game.

SDSU needs to find ways to win when their jump shots aren’t falling. That’s with hustle plays and playing great defense. Right now, I don’t have much faith that they’ll be able to do it in the tournament for three games. Teams tighten up and typically don’t shoot as well.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Lookiing at box scores and Jenkins was 6-25 Saturday against fort wayne, that 25 includes 2 and 3 attempts together. Tonight 2-13, 2 and 3 attempts combined. We are missing our zip on offense, as long as 24 gets enough points for us to win, that's what counts.
              The total field goals attempted and made includes 3 point shots, you do not add them together to get shot attempts and makes. Jenkins took 15 shots on Saturday and 8 last night.

Comment

Wasn't able to be there last night but watched online while listening to the POTUS.

Loved seeing them send it in to Daum where he went 15-28 from inside the arc. Was surprised he didn't get to the line more. Online it looked like they let things be pretty physical down low. King was great on both ends. Also, the Jacks only had 5 turnovers. That is impressive.

That all being said, Omaha didn't impress me at all in Omaha a couple weeks ago and they didn't do anything to change that last night. They are 2-6 in the league and give up the most points in the league by a longshot. They are down there for a reason.

Jacks took care of business tonight. On to the next! Bison in town Friday and we should expect them to make a much better showing against us than they did in Fargo.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  The total field goals attempted and made includes 3 point shots, you do not add them together to get shot attempts and makes. Jenkins took 15 shots on Saturday and 8 last night.
                  Who said I could not? My point is he is in a slump. Combing supports my point. I sorry I ruined your day

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    Wasn't able to be there last night but watched online while listening to the POTUS.

Loved seeing them send it in to Daum where he went 15-28 from inside the arc. Was surprised he didn't get to the line more. Online it looked like they let things be pretty physical down low. King was great on both ends. Also, the Jacks only had 5 turnovers. That is impressive.

That all being said, Omaha didn't impress me at all in Omaha a couple weeks ago and they didn't do anything to change that last night. They are 2-6 in the league and give up the most points in the league by a longshot. They are down there for a reason.

Jacks took care of business tonight. On to the next! Bison in town Friday and we should expect them to make a much better showing against us than they did in Fargo.

SUPERBUNNY
                    If youre going to the Bison game, you might miss it. Its Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Ha! Had it in the calendar wrong! Thanks for the post!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        On the bright side, parking wouldn't be an issue.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          ... SDSU needs to find ways to win when their jump shots aren’t falling. That’s with hustle plays and playing great defense. Right now, I don’t have much faith that they’ll be able to do it in the tournament for three games. Teams tighten up and typically don’t shoot as well.
                          Take a moment to reflect on where the Jacks were one year ago and all the improvement they made, especially on defensive, during the last month of the regular season. The Jacks went on to win the tourney. I prefer where the Jacks are sitting right now - in first place, with room to improve. There's reason for optimism.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Take a moment to reflect on where the Jacks were one year ago and all the improvement they made, especially on defensive, during the last month of the regular season. The Jacks went on to win the tourney. I prefer where the Jacks are sitting right now - in first place, with room to improve. There's reason for optimism.
                            I agree with your post 100%. A year ago at this time we were in danger of not even getting to SF. However, I'm also in agreement with SDSUAlum08. This team has the potential to be very special. Not only to win the regular season and the tournament but to go on and win a game or two in the tournament. If they are the team playing good defense and making the hustle plays they are unbeatable in conference play even on an off night. If they want to win a game or two in the tournament, they need to be sharp offensively and play good defense.

They have the ability and time to make it all happen.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              If they want to win a game or two in the tournament, they need to be sharp offensively and play good defense.

They have the ability and time to make it all happen.

SUPERBUNNY
                              I couldn't agree more. If this team wins a tournament game or two it will be because they executed on the offensive end and put up points. We are not built to defend the half court for long stretches. We need to have an active back-court that forces the opposition's offense into quicker shots.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'm having more fun watching this team than any in recent memory. So unselfish and talented.Wish we had one more big to rotate.

Comment

Working...
                                X