GDT: Mastodon WBB vs Jackrabbit Pork Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Mastodon WBB vs Jackrabbit Pork Classic

4-16 FW comes to Frost 1-6 in conference. Currently the only win in 29 contests owned by the Mastodons was an overtime win in 2011 at Frost. It is not likely there would be a problem for a Jackrabbit win in this situation, but it is much less likely the Mastodons have a realistic chance the game following a defeat at the hands of the Coyotes in Frost. FW has 1 player averaging over 10 points per game while the team average Is 57 points per game. This is a game to enjoy that pork sandwich and applesauce. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Mastodon WBB vs Jackrabbit Pork Classic

Jacks dominating as expected in 2nd quarter. 6:19 left Jacks up 36-17. Lots of drives, good looking 3's and steals by Jacks.

Comment

Some times, not all the time though, it seems we could take a shot, get a shot off and maybe draw a foul too, and don't take it. That in itself might not be so bad, but when we don't take a sure shot and throw the ball away on a really bad pass, it's a little irritating . I know this is nit picking a little, and for the most part we don't do that with any regularity, but. I just wish we can find a little more balance in taking a good shot when it presents itself,rather than hoping for the better shot, which,sometimes doesn't happen anyway. Sometimes I feel we are more concerned in how we get points, instead of just getting them when available to get.

Don't get me wrong, I think for the most part we play very good unselfish basketball, but sometimes we do give up chances to make points. I guess if I had to choose ,I guess i'd rather see a team error on the side of playing ball sharing ,unselfish basketball. I guess now that I've made points on both sides and have come full circle, maybe this post has become rather pointless, oh boy....sorry, carry on.....

Comment

Ellie Thompson 7pts...but 100% efficiency 3-3 FG ,1-1 FT....that's making the most of your opportunities. Everyone playing well.

Comment

Where would IPFW finish in the NSIC this season?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Some times, not all the time though, it seems we could take a shot, get a shot off and maybe draw a foul too, and don't take it. That in itself might not be so bad, but when we don't take a sure shot and throw the ball away on a really bad pass, it's a little irritating . I know this is nit picking a little, and for the most part we don't do that with any regularity, but. I just wish we can find a little more balance in taking a good shot when it presents itself,rather than hoping for the better shot, which,sometimes doesn't happen anyway. Sometimes I feel we are more concerned in how we get points, instead of just getting them when available to get.

Don't get me wrong, I think for the most part we play very good unselfish basketball, but sometimes we do give up chances to make points. I guess if I had to choose ,I guess i'd rather see a team error on the side of playing ball sharing ,unselfish basketball. I guess now that I've made points on both sides and have come full circle, maybe this post has become rather pointless, oh boy....sorry, carry on.....
            I agree with you. I find myself wishing they would just let it happen rather than trying to make it happen. Just seems so rigid at times how we are supposed to score.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Where would IPFW finish in the NSIC this season?
              theyd finish in the bottom half of the gpac

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                It is difficult to see that there is a starting 5 for the Mastodons. There is 1 senior on the team.. Coach should be able to recruit by telling players there is a good chance they could start or get lots of minutes. This is a team that would qualify as the description of dumpster fire. Ouch ouch ouch
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

IPFW 55
                  Findlay 75

Findlay 88
                  Wayne State 92

Findlay 95
                  Tiffan 63

Findlay 12-3, 2nd place in GMAC conference
                  Wayne State (Mich) 9-3, 2nd place GLIAC South
                  Tiffan 2-10, last place GLIAC South

So based off these results IPFW is 20 points worse than the top teams in either of theses 2 DII conferences.

IPFW 73
                  Quincy 72

IPFW 70
                  Maryville 76

Quincy 3-8, tied for last in GLVC Central with...
                  Maryville 3-8

So looking at this, they would be in a battle with the worst teams in the DII GLVC conference. Quincy beat Upper Iowa but lost to Winona State. Winona is just over 500 while UI is in last place. So I would say IPFW would be in the bottom third of the NSIC.

So this is just not a DI level program right now. The freshman post they have is an intriguing player, but really no one else on that team would be someone I would even want on our roster. They are young and that is where the talent lies, so maybe the new coach is improving the roster and building them to a low level DI program.

Comment

Congrats, Jacks. That was a thorough butt-kicking. I hope Selland comes back soon. We'll need her for the tourney.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Ellie back to playing well, glad for her, it's good for the whole team when the starting five are operating at peak performance, even better when you throw in the supporting players who are so vital at times in the games too. It's Road warrior time again...Go Jacks!

Have to give shout out to Lexy, filling in as a starter while Sellend heals up. She's become one of the best PG's we've had. She's the only one that I can think of that has put not one, but two Power Five defenders on their keester (sp?)(against Ark and Louisville) with her quickness, and she's pretty adapt at handling the ball. She's not quite there on offense as others have been, but she always adds to the tally just about every game ,sometimes with crucial points when we really needed them , best rebounder for her size because she's so smart at grabbing them when she see's an opportunity. All around great senior player. She impresses the normally biased Brad knows-it-all on Midco game coverage, so for her to break down his usual USD bias is a pretty impressive feat....ha!.....GB GB GJ.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-28-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Have to give shout out to Lexy, filling in as a starter while Sellend heals up.
                        ? Lexi has started all 22 games. Larson is the one who moved in as a starter since Selland's been out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          ? Lexi has started all 22 games. Larson is the one who moved in as a starter since Selland's been out.
                          thks....my bad....good to see Larson getting the start, she's really improved a lot, she's worked hard to earn it.

Comment

Ellie back to playing well, glad for her, it's good for the whole team when the starting five are operating at peak performance, even better when you throw in the supporting players who are so vital at times in the games too. It's Road warrior time again...Go Jacks!

Have to give shout out to Lexy, filling in as a starter while Sellend heals up. She's become one of the best PG's we've had. She's the only one that I can think of that has put not one, but two Power Five defenders on their keester (sp?)(against Ark and Louisville) with her quickness, and she's pretty adapt at handling the ball. She's not quite there on offense as others have been, but she always adds to the tally just about every game ,sometimes with crucial points when we really needed them , best rebounder for her size because she's so smart at grabbing them when she see's an opportunity. All around great senior player. She impresses the normally biased Brad knows-it-all on Midco game coverage, so for her to break down his usual USD bias is a pretty impressive feat....ha!.....GB GB GJ.
                            It was only one game and it was against Ft Wayne, so im not getting real excited about Ellie being back to playing well again. I hope she plays this way the rest of the way. If she does, we will be tough to beat.

Comment

It was only one game and it was against Ft Wayne, so im not getting real excited about Ellie being back to playing well again. I hope she plays this way the rest of the way. If she does, we will be tough to beat.
                              There is one more factor to why Ellie may be struggling. It is not as much as moving from the 4 to the 5 position. It is losing a very good player named Ober who may have been a part of the reason Ellie had more opportunities. The running game does not create the post play the same way. I am not saying Ellie has not struggled(plus a gimpy ankle too) this year compared to last year play, but she is in a different situation in more than one way.

Comment

Working...
                              X