GDT: Mastodons vs Jackrabbits at Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Mastodons vs Jackrabbits at Frost Arena

Konchar is the athletic freak that pops into my mind when talking about FW. However, it is Bryson Scott who is the stat stuffer with 23 ppg and 85% FT shooting leading the mastodons. 81.5 points is a big number for points every game. The yotes held them to a season low of 58 in FW. Expect Scott to still be the go to guy in Brookings today as he averages 16 shots per game and 8 ft. I would expect the Jackrabbits to bring more of an edge today. The thumping in Vermillion is likely a wakeup call to go 1-0 today and keep their share of first place. Go Jacks!!

P.S. The Mastodons and Bison are 2 teams that could be over .500 for the first half of the conference season by posting wins today. The Bison are at home against WIU. Mastodons are likely to join ORU and Denver at 3-4.
    Last edited by OldHare; 01-27-2018, 11:03 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Mastodons vs Jackrabbits at Frost Arena

Hope we keep Jenkins on the pine.

Comment

Jacks up 25-19 at the under 8 media timeout.

Jenkins with 8. Daum struggling offensively but going to the line after the break.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

43-26 Jackrabbits at the half.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Jacks up 25-19 at the under 8 media timeout.

Jenkins with 8. Daum struggling offensively but going to the line after the break.
          Maybe we bench Daum. (Sarcasm intended)

Comment

...and a 17 point halftime lead is down to 4 at the under 8 media timeout. 64-60

Don's shooting 50% with 7 threes since halftime.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

3:46 left in the game and the lead is just 2. 69-67.

Konchar just willed his team back to even and the Jacks looking like they did for large portions of the USD game. Offense is in a funk and defense isn't much better.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Jacks escape with a 78-76 victory.

2nd game in a row the offense has looked poor to awful for stretches.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Konchar unbelievably a player.

Comment

Daum is starting to get sticky with the ball. Still needs to make quicker decisions and cut down on turnovers! Flatten played very well!

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      Daum is starting to get sticky with the ball. Still needs to make quicker decisions and cut down on turnovers! Flatten played very well!
                      Daum- 7-20 with 5 TO's
                      Jenkins Jr- 4-15 with 3 TO's

If these two players can go 11-35 and have 8 TO's between them and we still win some other players must be stepping up. Flatten and King have both had a couple of good games in a row.

Comment

Coach Coffman gets a little whiny plus his stop for review of Telly fighting through a screen which may have been a foul not called but certainly not a flagrant situation which would be the reason for review.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ83ITUgqhI
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          In the last two games, Daum has thrown at least 3 just plain sloppy outlet passes after getting rebounds that have resulted in almost immediate baskets for the opponents. Turning it over on the offensive end when double teamed is understandable, but you can't turn it over in the back court like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            In the last two games, Daum has thrown at least 3 just plain sloppy outlet passes after getting rebounds that have resulted in almost immediate baskets for the opponents. Turning it over on the offensive end when double teamed is understandable, but you can't turn it over in the back court like that.
                            Gutty win, After a Huge Letdown, and a first half where we were killing them. Hope we can continue to improve as TJ suggests. Happy with the win, surely room for said improvement.

P.S. is the Tapatalk app Dead for others for this forum or just me? Hopefully the update will fix that. I know I can view other forums so I think its something here. Oddly happened right after the USD game.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Gutty win, After a Huge Letdown, and a first half where we were killing them. Hope we can continue to improve as TJ suggests. Happy with the win, surely room for said improvement.

P.S. is the Tapatalk app Dead for others for this forum or just me? Hopefully the update will fix that. I know I can view other forums so I think its something here. Oddly happened right after the USD game.
                              My Tapatalk is working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                              X