Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU at USD

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Crowd starting to affect the ref's calls.
    Even Knewitt said Peterson was not fouled.

Comment

yup after a few early 3's when in we got a bit to 3 happy. Make a few adjustments and we will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        That's a really nice arena, though.
        Really pains me to say this, but USD easily has the best arena in the league. With that said no more positive things about the Yotes!

As far as the game guys, we off track when we started to pull quick 3's instead of moving the ball around. Too many good passers and shooters on this team to take quick 3's. Also Key needs to stop trying to be an offensive player; get the ball up the court and facilitate the offense. His dribble drive action drives me NUTS!!! It's either a TO because he drives into double or triple teams or he gets blocked at the rim.

I'd also like to see Lane get in the game and be put on Mooney; Lane's toughness/orneriness vs. Mooney's swagger/confidence would be a fun matchup to see! Plus I think he's the best perimeter defender not name Tevin King on this squad.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
          Really pains me to say this, but USD easily has the best arena in the league. With that said no more positive things about the Yotes!

As far as the game guys, we off track when we started to pull quick 3's instead of moving the ball around. Too many good passers and shooters on this team to take quick 3's. Also Key needs to stop trying to be an offensive player; get the ball up the court and facilitate the offense. His dribble drive action drives me NUTS!!! It's either a TO because he drives into double or triple teams or he gets blocked at the rim.

I'd also like to see Lane get in the game and be put on Mooney; Lane's toughness/orneriness vs. Mooney's swagger/confidence would be a fun matchup to see! Plus I think he's the best perimeter defender not name Tevin King on this squad.

that has been Key's problem all year. I was hoping it was solved. Dang it, hard to tell on the radio, but it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

We went down to UNO, Baxter Arena is also a very nice place. Like I told my wife, until you see other places you don't realize the updates Frost could use. No that they need to redo the whole thing, but that's what they want so I see why they haven't put a dime in it in 40 years.

Comment

Mooney is too quick for severyn I think.

Comment

TJ has made good second half adjustments several times this year. Hopefully he tweaks a few things and gets some more shots in the paint. I'm expecting to see an obvious effort at such.

Key had several possessions where he reverted to his bad habits from earlier. He played some good D though. Chasing Mooney around looks exhausting.

Daum is not likely to keep missing those open 3's. He's getting guarded pretty well when he moves towards the inside though. I'll give USD credit there for sure.

Comment

USD doesn't have the offense to run away from us if we get smarter on our offensive end.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Can't ESPN afford a new canned halftime show instead of hearing the Coach K life story every game ?

Comment

It seems the goal was to push the pace and maybe try to wear used down.

Comment

We need to crash the O-Glass.

Also did anybody catch the halftime show?

It was bazaar, and parts of it you would think would not happen in our #metoo climate honestly I was at a min. Mildly uncomfortable.
                        I'm not sure inflatable mascots should be grinding random women courtside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Mooney is too quick for severyn I think.
                          That's what I was thinking. Layne would probably get a few quick fouls which would lead to free throws (whether from shots or bonus.)

Also, since there weren't a lot of fouls called in the first half, the refs will probably call just about everything a foul. Gotta even things.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

DJJ needs to let the game come to him. Forcing way too much

Comment

DJ is definitely playing like a freshman so far.

Comment

It better happen quick, this is about close to being over.

Comment

Working...
                                X