GDT: SDSU at USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU at USD

I think it is interesting how much impact DJJ has had on our success. I looked up some of his stats and here is what I found.

In our 17 wins he is averaging 17.4 points per game and shooting 47.9%
    In our 6 losses he is averaging 9.8 points per game and shooting 30.6%.....if you take out the Colorado loss it drops to 5.6 points per game and 23.0%

Thirty percent shooting seems to be the magic line for him....when he is above that we are 15-1 and when he is below we are 2-5. Sorry, I'm kind of a numbers nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      I think it is interesting how much impact DJJ has had on our success. I looked up some of his stats and here is what I found.

In our 17 wins he is averaging 17.4 points per game and shooting 47.9%
      In our 6 losses he is averaging 9.8 points per game and shooting 30.6%.....if you take out the Colorado loss it drops to 5.6 points per game and 23.0%

Thirty percent shooting seems to be the magic line for him....when he is above that we are 15-1 and when he is below we are 2-5. Sorry, I'm kind of a numbers nerd.
      I'm guessing here, but when he struggles I bet he's forcing things. I know last night he seemed to press.

For some reason we really pushed the ball last night. Lots of quick shots.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        Exactly. Most of us felt we needed to win 4 road games to win the league title. What is our current record on the road in league play this year?

We were not going to run the table on the road in league play. Vermillion is a tough place to play. Add in a USD team (see Mooney's comments prior to game) feeling a bit butt hurt and you have the perfect set up for a game like you saw last night. Take a breath folks, it is one game and one game only. We have lost in Vermillion, to teams which were not as good as this year's USD squad. Time to move on.
        We split the USD/NDSU road games. I think that if we looked to the beginning of the season there were many that had penciled us in for 2 losses. If we win out we are still the conference champs and the #1 seed.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          For some reason we really pushed the ball last night. Lots of quick shots.
          They also took some really bad shots. Daum, Jenkins, and Key were the main culprits. I just didn't feel like the team was comfortable running the half court offense and wanted to hit the "big" shot to take the crowd out of it. There were a couple deep threes that Daum took that just seemed really forced. Against a good defense like USD, this team needs to penetrate and kick. We settled for swinging the ball around the perimeter mixed with the occasional side court weave just a little too much.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
          X