GDT: SDSU at USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU at USD

Hey they at least didn’t storm the court. Strides have been made.

Comment

7 of 14 from the free throw line. That's a sign of a bad night and helps explain a 19-point loss. 87-68.
      This space for lease.

Comment

This was expected. USD is a good team. You can’t get sloppy. I thought the players were ill prepared and I blame a lot of that on TJ and staff. He’s done a great job this year, but to win in Vermillion you have to be really sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Act like you've been there Craig Smith... He's parading around like they just won the Summit League tournament. We'll see what happens in Brookings and when we probably meet in the championship in Sioux Falls.

As I type that he acts like an idiot and says "I need to act like I've been here".
          My favorite Craig Smith memory is when the Coyotes were up 20-0 in Brookings to start the game a few years ago. Jacks went on a run and finished the half up 1. I remember Smith telling the half-time reporter that he was pleased his team was only down 1... even though he was up 20-0!

But yeah his Amy Williams schtick gets old on the sideline.

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;326763]
            Originally posted by filbert View Post

I agree, last year has nothing to do with this year. It was 98farmer bringing that up
            I guess I will stand alone that the coyotes have been/and are a better team. I’m not giving up on our team, never said I was. But unlike some of you I try to look at things rationally. And they are better. It pisses me off, but it’s the truth. Instead of fighting about it let’s hope they get better.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Hey they at least didn’t storm the court. Strides have been made.
              Good point. They have grown up in Vermillion. Maybe this isnt their super bowl anymore

Comment

[QUOTE=98Jackfarmer;326774]
                Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

I guess I will stand alone that the coyotes have been/and are a better team. I’m not giving up on our team, never said I was. But unlike some of you I try to look at things rationally. And they are better. It pisses me off, but it’s the truth. Instead of fighting about it let’s hope they get better.
                They were better TONIGHT. I disagree that they are a better team overall. The win over the Jacks is their best RPI win by far. They have beaten a lot of cream puffs. They are a tough team but we'll see what happens in 29 days in Brookings.

Comment

It is one loss. Ya it was an ugly one and it sucks it was to USD but it is still only ONE loss and we still control our own destiny for the regular season title and a number #1 seed in the tournament. Im pretty sure their wasn't anyone predicting an undefeated conference season and losing down there isn't a huge surprise.

Comment

Act like you've been there Craig Smith... He's parading around like they just won the Summit League tournament. We'll see what happens in Brookings and when we probably meet in the championship in Sioux Falls.

As I type that he acts like an idiot and says "I need to act like I've been here".
                    He's just thanking the fans and students for actually coming to a game for once.
                    But, honestly, I can appreciate that he goes over to the students and thanks them for coming. That's a great way to get students interested in going to more games and showing he does value their presence. Running around to the alumni/fans, meh, just talk to Kelly on Midco.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

YanktonJack7.....It was 98Jackfarmer that said that. It looks like i did but quoting is f...ed up right now. They were better tonight but i have confidence that we will return the favor in Brookings. And that game could be for the conference championship at the end of the season. I just dont get bent out of shape over one loss and a loss in Vermillion. I figured we would lose in Fargo, Vermillion and one other during the conference season. So im happy where we are at. MOVE ON. And I hope we dont compare this game to the JMU game again. WTF

Comment

Can't be butt hurt about the loss.....if it was TJ we would be all over his enthusiasm, stoking the fires, building the base, blah blah blah.....I think it's great. Our conference needs more enthusiastic coaches so we can quit playing in gyms under a 1000 people.

Comment

Im a big fan of a Smith. He’s a really good coach and relates really well to the fans. He’s just being honest and enjoying the win with his team. I’ve always been a big fan of Tim Miles and he’s obviously from his pedigree.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Attendance: 5004. That is less than last years game. Surprised it wasnt more.

Comment

I dont hate Smith but this is January, not March. I guess we've been their before so our coaches wont run around acting like theyve won the Summit Tourney when they win a January game

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                YanktonJack7.....It was 98Jackfarmer that said that. It looks like i did but quoting is f...ed up right now. They were better tonight but i have confidence that we will return the favor in Brookings. And that game could be for the conference championship at the end of the season. I just dont get bent out of shape over one loss and a loss in Vermillion. I figured we would lose in Fargo, Vermillion and one other during the conference season. So im happy where we are at. MOVE ON. And I hope we dont compare this game to the JMU game again. WTF
                                One common stat both games, 11 turnovers. Make mine apple thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X