Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU at USD

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Objection! Assertion of facts not in evidence!

Our one loss is against the #2 team on the road. Theirs is against the #5 team (with a losing conference record) at home.
    Last edited by SoDakJack; 01-24-2018, 08:36 PM. Reason: Spelling iz hard
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;326752]Do you ever watch college basketball? This is ONE game. I guess the last 8 wins dont count? Should i go down the list of unranked teams that beat(embarrassed) ranked teams this year in college ball?[/QUOTE

Did you watch or listen to the games last year, we were lucky to get 2 of the 3. Damn lucky, they were a better team. They are outclassing us tonight like no tomorrow and you want to defend them? Sure, we are a good team, they are better.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        You're definitely allowed to be pissed about THIS performance. You're not allowed to use it and question the thing that makes our offense so potent. Also, you're not allowed to compare a poor showing in a regular season basketball game to the debacle that was JMU.
        I agree, this isn't as bad as JUMJ, I was there, but this is embarrassing.

Comment

[QUOTE=98Jackfarmer;326756]
          Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Do you ever watch college basketball? This is ONE game. I guess the last 8 wins dont count? Should i go down the list of unranked teams that beat(embarrassed) ranked teams this year in college ball?[/QUOTE

Did you watch or listen to the games last year, we were lucky to get 2 of the 3. Damn lucky, they were a better team. They are outclassing us tonight like no tomorrow and you want to defend them? Sure, we are a good team, they are better.
          Who the hell cares if they were the better team. Who won 2 out of 3 games?

Comment

[QUOTE=98Jackfarmer;326756]
            Do you ever watch college basketball? This is ONE game. I guess the last 8 wins dont count? Should i go down the list of unranked teams that beat(embarrassed) ranked teams this year in college ball?[/QUOTE

1: What does last year have to do with this year? Different basketball season. Different year. Different teams on both sides.

2: We'll see how USD does on the road in Frost later this year.

3: Seems pretty silly to me to give up on the entire basketball season and the men's basketball team in general, based upon the results of a single game.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sure, they played like s***, but the Jacks will be favored in every game the rest of the way. And the only games that matter will be March 3, 5, and 6.

Comment

Over-confidence should not be a problem going forward. A dose of reality at this point of the season might not be the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  3: Seems pretty silly to me to give up on the entire basketball season and the men's basketball team in general, based upon the results of a single game.
                  Sweeping Generalizations Based on a Single Game: Messageboarding 101
                  Last edited by SoDakJack; 01-24-2018, 08:44 PM. Reason: Bad formatting
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

[QUOTE=filbert;326759]
                    Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

1: What does last year have to do with this year? Different basketball season. Different year. Different teams on both sides.

2: We'll see how USD does on the road in Frost later this year.

I agree, last year has nothing to do with this year. It was 98farmer bringing that up

Comment

I agree, last year has nothing to do with this year. It was 98farmer bringing that up
                      Apologies . . . the quote got screwed up.

EDIT . . . hmmm . . . quote got screwed up on this post too. Weird. That kind of night, I guess.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Im done quoting....

Comment

Lets move on and kick some butt on Saturday....twice

Comment

One loss. The Jacks are still tied for first in the conference. Just suck it up and get better. There's more than a month left in the season.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Act like you've been there Craig Smith... He's parading around like they just won the Summit League tournament. We'll see what happens in Brookings and when we probably meet in the championship in Sioux Falls.

As I type that he acts like an idiot and says "I need to act like I've been here".

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Act like you've been there Craig Smith... He's parading around like they just won the Summit League tournament. We'll see what happens in Brookings and when we probably meet in the championship in Sioux Falls.

As I type that he acts like an idiot and says "I need to act like I've been here".
                                It will come back to bite him in the ass like last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X