Almost GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mangy Dogs @ SCSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Almost GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mangy Dogs @ SCSC

A few observations about the yotes comparing nonconference to Summit play. FG% is lower by 3%(Jacks up 3%). Rebounds are off 1.5(Jacks down 2). Assists are down 2+ per game(Jacks down 2). They are missing more than 1 more block per game(Jacks up a bit). The turnovers are 1 less(Jacks 3 fewer) and the steals are up a couple per game(Jacks down 2). They are also scoring 4 fewer points per game(Jacks 4 more). The Yotes who may be shooting better in conference do not combine to take the shots Mooney or Hagedorn take. It will be interesting to see how the pace of the game evolves. If the pace increases, the Jackrabbits should have the edge. The conference play seems to have changed some of the game for each or it is flattening the numbers from the cupcakes from OOC.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      We have to play better then we played Vs Mo. St. Do that and it's our game to lose. I like the Rabbits.
      A Mo St team that has now lost 4 games in the MVC. I dont think we can play that bad again. And this game isnt at the Pentagon. Their fans will be crying foul everytime Daum gets the ball. Or they will be crying travel. Hopefully the officials are smarter than their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Hopefully the officials are smarter than their fans.
        Well...this is a Summit League game, so I woudn't hold my breath on that one.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Well...this is a Summit League game, so I woudn't hold my breath on that one.
          I can see some flopping attempts to get Daum in foul trouble. The Western women tried it Saturday but the officials were smart enough. But i agree about Summit League officials.....

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            I can see some flopping attempts to get Daum in foul trouble. The Western women tried it Saturday but the officials were smart enough. But i agree about Summit League officials.....
            The best defense that teams have against Daum would be to make him work on defense. He's just too good for most mid-major 4s/5s to guard. You are better off wearing him out on defense and hope that he picks up some fouls. I would also make him beat you off the dribble. For as good as Mike is, he can be a bit of a turnover machine at times.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Midcontinent doing the game? What direct TV channel is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The game is on Midco cable stations. I don't know what that translates to on Direct.
                Mooney is streaky and can be contained. I'm more worried about USD's bigger guys who, like Daum, can shoot from outside. Regardless, I'd take those 3 points and pick SDSU to win. Heck, NDSU beat USD in Vermtown. The Jacks have the talent to do it, too.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Game is listed on ESPN3.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

We have to play better then we played Vs Mo. St. Do that and it's our game to lose. I like the Rabbits.
                    Well. Wished we'd done better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Well. Wished we'd done better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                      Ya, kind of looked like that game. But hell, we survived that one, so lets move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        I really don't know how to feel about this game.
                        USD will be pissed about last seasons Summit League tournament and they are playing at home. I just think that other than adding Fuller, USD hasn't gained much from last years team. USD have lost Flack, Dickerson and now Hurst from last years team. Their players have improved some but have their returners improved more than SDSU's?
                        SDSU on the other hand has improved quite a bit. They did lose Orris and Hess (when he was healthy) but that is it. I think their returning players improved as much or more than USD's. SDSU also added Jenkins Jr. and Key. That should give SDSU the advantage at home and on a neutral court but how about @ USD?
                        Like others have said, SDSU is a shooting team this year. If they shoot good @ USD they should win. If they struggle to shoot, they should lose. In most of the other games in conference, SDSU's shooting shouldn't matter as much but USD is one of the few teams in the conference that could be able to beat SDSU either way.
                        I think SDSU will win by a score of 78-72.
                        I stand corrected.
                        Fuller played good for USD and Jenkins Jr and Key laid an egg for SDSU. Between Jenkins Jr and Key they were 4-18 FG's, 2-8 3-point FG's, 4 assists, 5 TO's and only 2 rebounds. They did drive in to the basket a few times but they wouldn't make the shot, get knocked down and then not get back of defense so SDSU was outnumbered on that end. Fuller outplayed both of them put together. I know this was just one game but it sure was ugly.
                        USD just seemed more prepared and to want it more. Of course, SDSU seemed to miss several open shots that they normally make so that hurt them. When you are a shooting team and you have an off night things are a lot tougher. Daum and Reed both missed two FT's so SDSU couldn't even hit wide open shots.
                        We will see how things turn out in Brookings in about a month. Hopefully, SDSU can win out until then and get USD for round #2 and a conference title.

Comment

Working...
                        X