GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Leathernecks in Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Leathernecks in Macomb

WIU is coming off an OT win against the Mastodons. The Leatherneck candidate for freshman of the year-Webster- provided the winning bucket. The Leathernecks have many gaudy numbers this year that may have been inflated with the 100+ point games against weak opponents. They have also lost a starter to injury recently. However Webster, Ancrum, and post Gilbeck are the stat leaders. Those guys are solid players. Gilbeck will get about 3 blocks/game and Webster will have 4.5 assists with his team leading scoring. The Leathernecks have allowed more points in conference play but they are touting holding opponents to 39.9% while shooting over 48%. Gilbeck will get 68% shooting on the inside. The Leatherneck efficiency in conference has shrunk to 41% fg while opponents have 43%. It is likely many more of the Leatherneck stats will flatten as the conference season moves on. Last year the Jackrabbits went to Macomb and suffered a loss of 82-74. I am expecting that Coach Otz has this team ready to take the undefeated conference record a little further forward. There should not be 2 in a row home wins for WIU. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Leathernecks in Macomb

Trap game alert! It will be interesting to see how the Jacks respond to a week off and a road game against a team with a tiny bit of momentum.

Comment

The game preview at the Western basketball site says the game is going to be on ESPN3 (with a link), but ESPN3 doesn't have it listed. Will be interesting to see if it pops up at the last minute.

Comment

WIU's own Sidearm broadcast links to a women's basketball game vs. Denver. A search for men's games on their player comes up empty. They have a crack media team there at WIU.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I just hope there's an option to watch. I'll pay $6 if I have to for WIU's stream, but it's not looking good right now with the game not being listed at either spot.

Comment

I came here to ask about streaming because of WIUs website and looks like everyone’s wondering the same thing I am.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

We have definitely taken a big step back in media this year. MidcoSN doing fewer of our games, stuck with the WIU's of the world who can't get their act together. It's disappointing. If anybody gets anything on video (ESPN3 or WIU), please let us know.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                We have definitely taken a big step back in media this year. MidcoSN doing fewer of our games, stuck with the WIU's of the world who can't get their act together. It's disappointing. If anybody gets anything on video (ESPN3 or WIU), please let us know.
                Found a pretty good stream here: http://watchkobe.info/ncaab78.php You need Adblock to watch though.

Comment

I'm getting the WIU stream for free from their site:

http://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=421&type=Live
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                    Found a pretty good stream here: http://watchkobe.info/ncaab78.php You need Adblock to watch though.
                    If that stream exists there must also be a legit one, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      I'm getting the WIU stream for free from their site:

http://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=421&type=Live
                      Thanks Kemo!
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I tried to get the 24hr pass on WIUs site but it told me to contact tech support just like the past couple times I tried Sidearm.

Comment

Getting access to live broadcast via goleathernecks.com all-access, but no charge.

Comment

Thanks Kemo!
                            No problem. I find checking WIU's website right around game time seems to be the best course of action over the years..
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

20-19 Jacks at the under 12 media timeout.

WIU shooting out of their minds and still down.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X