Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential new redshirt rule allows freshman to play in up to 4 games while redshirtin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potential new redshirt rule allows freshman to play in up to 4 games while redshi

Alex Wilde transferring per Zim.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...920021505?s=19
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Re: Potential new redshirt rule allows freshman to play in up to 4 games while redshi

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      This leaves the Jacks very thin at WR. Depth is now Isaiah Hill, Wandmaker, and the Janke’s. Really puts the Jacks in a bind. Maybe Marquise will move out once he is back from injury.

Just my opinion, but this is pretty ****ty and selfish of a senior. Also my opinion... he never should have played as a freshman.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        This leaves the Jacks very thin at WR. Depth is now Isaiah Hill, Wandmaker, and the Janke’s. Really puts the Jacks in a bind. Maybe Marquise will move out once he is back from injury.

Just my opinion, but this is pretty ****ty and selfish of a senior. Also my opinion... he never should have played as a freshman.
        He has pretty much been a non factor and been passed up by younger talent. Good luck to him where ever he lands.

Comment

Deyon Campbell in the mix at all?
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Deyon Campbell in the mix at all?
            He too small to regularly play on the outside.

Comment

He too small to regularly play on the outside.
              Yabut that speed tho.

Comment

It's his life. He gave over 3 years and like you said he gave a year earlier than he should have. He wants to play, can't fault him for that.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  He has pretty much been a non factor and been passed up by younger talent. Good luck to him where ever he lands.
                  This is a silver lining being passed up by younger talent. I too wish him good luck

Comment

Sure, but he had an important role as the top backup. If Adam Anderson or Jacob Brown are injured we will now be in a bad position. Wilde and Orr were the top boundary backups entering the season and both are now gone along with Paddy Devlin who was cut last spring. The Janke's have been impressive but their playbook knowledge, along with Hill, is likely somewhat limited. Also, it was clearly a surprise to the team because Wilde is listed on the depth chart that came out yesterday.

There is a reason you don't see very many boundary receivers below 5'10. Playing Deyon, Lewis, or Johnson out there on a regular basis is less than ideal. I think a few plays here and there to confuse the defense would be ideal.

Comment

I am in agreement with you. I was always curious as to why he didn't redshirt his first year.

I think a combination of what we have we will be alright.

The interesting part to me is what happens now? He is redshirting. Redshirts practice with the team and participate in scouty bowls. Is he gonna stay with the team through the fall and just not play? What if someone gets hurt and they decide to pull his redshirt yet again because he moves up the depth chart by default?

Curious situation to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, the unintended consequences of rule-changes. Looks good for true-freshmen but then upperclassmen that aren't getting enough playing time cash in on it and leave unexpectedly mid-season without losing a year of eligibility. Seems to be happening a bit around the country:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ransfer-092418

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

I think a combination of what we have we will be alright.

Here is our current WR depth:
                          X: Adam Anderson, Jadon Janke, Jaxon Janke
                          Z: Jacob Brown, Isaiah Hill, Michael Wandmaker, Jayd Vanderwerff
                          W: Cade Johnson, Marquise Lewis, Deyon Campbell, Jake Aanderud

Jacob and Cade are dinged up and Marquise and Deyon are probably a week or two from being back. One more injury and we are trotting out true freshmen, redshirt freshmen or walk-on redshirts at a position that is challenging to learn for most. This is a big deal and I'm pretty surprised that no one else seems concerned about this.

Comment

Here is our current WR depth:
                            X: Adam Anderson, Jadon Janke, Jaxon Janke
                            Z: Jacob Brown, Isaiah Hill, Michael Wandmaker, Jayd Vanderwerff
                            W: Cade Johnson, Marquise Lewis, Deyon Campbell, Jake Aanderud

Jacob and Cade are dinged up and Marquise and Deyon are probably a week or two from being back. One more injury and we are trotting out true freshmen, redshirt freshmen or walk-on redshirts at a position that is challenging to learn for most. This is a big deal and I'm pretty surprised that no one else seems concerned about this.
                            I guess I am not worried about it because I believe we have the horses to step up. Let's line up more 21 personnel or put some of our athletic tight ends outside. If nothing else it would be a size mismatch against most corners.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                              I guess I am not worried about it because I believe we have the horses to step up. Let's line up more 21 personnel or put some of our athletic tight ends outside. If nothing else it would be a size mismatch against most corners.

Good point. I wonder if Skyler Cavanaugh can play the "X" in a pinch. His reps aren't what any of us expected at tight end.

Comment

Good point. I wonder if Skyler Cavanaugh can play the "X" in a pinch. His reps aren't what any of us expected at tight end.
                                Isn't he hurt? I thought he would slide into Dallas play making role.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X