Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential new redshirt rule allows freshman to play in up to 4 games while redshirtin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potential new redshirt rule allows freshman to play in up to 4 games while redshi

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Isn't he hurt? I thought he would slide into Dallas play making role.
    Was injured. He has been passed by Blake Kunz on the depth chart.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Re: Potential new redshirt rule allows freshman to play in up to 4 games while redshi

A tweet from Deyon Campbell last night FWIW.

https://twitter.com/deyon_campbell6/...94376563691520

Comment

Here is where the current freshmen are at in terms of participation in relation to the 4 game rule.
        All 3 games: Blake Kunz, Caleb Sanders, CJ Wilson
        2 games: Mason McCormick
        1 game: Ian Bass, Garrett Greenfield, Max Howard, Cade Terveer
        Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 10-03-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Was injured. He has been passed by Blake Kunz on the depth chart.
          I really thought skyler would have passed hart on the depth chart.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here is our current WR depth:
            X: Adam Anderson, Jadon Janke, Jaxon Janke
            Z: Jacob Brown, Isaiah Hill, Michael Wandmaker, Jayd Vanderwerff
            W: Cade Johnson, Marquise Lewis, Deyon Campbell, Jake Aanderud

Jacob and Cade are dinged up and Marquise and Deyon are probably a week or two from being back. One more injury and we are trotting out true freshmen, redshirt freshmen or walk-on redshirts at a position that is challenging to learn for most. This is a big deal and I'm pretty surprised that no one else seems concerned about this.
            If you are concerned, then I am concerned. You are the insider here with the information.

Comment

Here is where the current freshmen are at in terms of participation in relation to the 4 game rule.
              All 3 games: Blake Kunz, Caleb Sanders, CJ Wilson
              2 games: Mason McCormick
              1 game: Ian Bass, Garrett Greenfield, Max Howard, Cade Terveer
              Are we 100% sure the ISU game doesn't count? I've heard rumors that it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                It's his life. He gave over 3 years and like you said he gave a year earlier than he should have. He wants to play, can't fault him for that.
                Big agree. I will never, ever fault a player for making a choice about their own life, education, and athletic career. I think it's selfish to refer to him transferring as "****ty and selfish."
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  It's not showing up on the participation list so I'm assuming no. Could be wrong I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    I asked Zim on Twitter about this after IA St. game was cancelled. He didn't know but then tweeted that it didn't count a couple days later.
                    https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...89615190593536

Comment

How many freshman played on the 4 minutes of game time at Iowa state?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        How many freshman played on the 4 minutes of game time at Iowa state?
                        CJ Wilson and Kunz forsure. Did Sanders?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Big agree. I will never, ever fault a player for making a choice about their own life, education, and athletic career. I think it's selfish to refer to him transferring as "****ty and selfish."
                          I highly doubt his education had anything to do with this choice. Otherwise I don't think he would have waited until part way through his senior season to transfer. I don't understand why he wouldn't want to be a part of a team that is likely going to be making a strong push at a national championship at the FCS level vs dropping down to D2 or NAIA for 1 year of possible playing time. He should have gone to a smaller school where he would have been the top dog from the start if that is his main objective with college athletics. But to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            I highly doubt his education had anything to do with this choice. Otherwise I don't think he would have waited until part way through his senior season to transfer. I don't understand why he wouldn't want to be a part of a team that is likely going to be making a strong push at a national championship at the FCS level vs dropping down to D2 or NAIA for 1 year of possible playing time. He should have gone to a smaller school where he would have been the top dog from the start if that is his main objective with college athletics. But to each his own.
                            I have no idea how much financial aid Alex received in stay with SDSU football program, but apparently it was not enough to bother his conscience. What little information that has been presented on this board is not enough to draw any conclusions.

Comment

Here is our current WR depth:
                              X: Adam Anderson, Jadon Janke, Jaxon Janke
                              Z: Jacob Brown, Isaiah Hill, Michael Wandmaker, Jayd Vanderwerff
                              W: Cade Johnson, Marquise Lewis, Deyon Campbell, Jake Aanderud

Jacob and Cade are dinged up and Marquise and Deyon are probably a week or two from being back. One more injury and we are trotting out true freshmen, redshirt freshmen or walk-on redshirts at a position that is challenging to learn for most. This is a big deal and I'm pretty surprised that no one else seems concerned about this.
                              ok. well....we were always one play away from not having Weineke and Goedert. We're always one play away from not having anyone. We're two plays away from being on our 3rd string QB.

If it gets that bad we switch to a one WR set and commit to the run. I think we'll be ok. You have 11 WR's listed. I feel that's more than we have ever had in the past. Why worry? It's gonna be ok
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                ok. well....we were always one play away from not having Weineke and Goedert. We're always one play away from not having anyone. We're two plays away from being on our 3rd string QB.

If it gets that bad we switch to a one WR set and commit to the run. I think we'll be ok. You have 11 WR's listed. I feel that's more than we have ever had in the past. Why worry? It's gonna be ok
                                Okay. I'll take your word for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X