Bracketology (2017-2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology (2017-2018)

FWIW: Charlie Creme put the Jacks back into the "Last 4 In" as an 11 seed. I'm assuming if SDSU happens to lose this afternoon it will push them back into the "First 4 Out".

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      FWIW: Charlie Creme put the Jacks back into the "Last 4 In" as an 11 seed. I'm assuming if SDSU happens to lose this afternoon it will push them back into the "First 4 Out".

That actually makes no sense, because Creme also has USD getting the auto-bid and they can't do that without beating SDSU. Of course, that may just be a look into the depth of knowledge that goes into the "bracketology" predictions generally, let alone the actual selection of the field by the NCAA.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think he's already assumed that we lost in the Championship game, South Dakota is in bold ,signifying the Conference Tournament winner, and the Jacks are not, so we must be determined to be an at -large pick.I don't want our fate in the hands of a Selection Committee, I'd rather we go get the Auto bid outright.

Keep in mind, the Last Four In and the First Four Out are not a lock, they can be switched around and we'd miss the Tournament, or even a team that Charlie never figured to take their Conference Tournament does so, taking a bid spot out .Eliminate all the unknowns and win a NCAA spot in the Dance without question. Let's win the Conference Championship, and watch selection day festivities in a much more relaxed manner.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-06-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

A first 4 in slot would had been reserved for non-conference champions. He had the Jacks in even with a loss, which is extremely encouraging.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

New brackets are out.

Jacks as a #11 playing Iowa in Knoxville. Winner plays Tennessee/Main winner. Pod feeds into the Eugene side where Oregon is the #2. Notre Dame is the #1 in the Spokane region.

-South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Monday at Cubbies will take the guessing out of the destination. Watch party begins at 5:30 for the women.
              http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/3/7...w-parties.aspx
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I just noticed that our WBB rpi jumped way up to 27, that will get us a better seed than Charlies 11 seed one would think, that's getting pretty close to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  I just noticed that our WBB rpi jumped way up to 27, that will get us a better seed than Charlies 11 seed one would think, that's getting pretty close to the top.
                  Don't forget there are 15 to 20 conferences waiting to crown champions which means that many teams still are going to pick up 2 or three more wins. Both the men's and women's teams experienced nice little bumps in RPI while others sat idle.

Comment

Are there any links for those of us who are not as computer savvy as others, to watch for the updated bracket projections? Not that they mean much, but for me it's kind of a way to keep the fun of the SLT alive till we know.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      Are there any links for those of us who are not as computer savvy as others, to watch for the updated bracket projections? Not that they mean much, but for me it's kind of a way to keep the fun of the SLT alive till we know.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Thank You

Comment

8 seed taking on Villanova, winner probably will get Notre Dame in South Bend.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Congrats to the women for getting an 8 seed. The hard work paid off.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              8 seed makes me think RPI still big part in this selection.

Comment

Jacks are an 8 playing Villanova 9 in South Bend from what i saw. it went by so fast

Comment

Working...
                                X