Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology (2017-2018)

I'll put this at the top:

Charlie Creme's Womens Bracketology: http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology

Re: Bracketology (2017-2018)

And an article about women's at-large bids. Seems like Creme thinks this year is more ripe for mid-majors to get into the field as an at-large:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...arge-inclusion

Comment

The number 8,9 and 16 seeds are the absolute worst seeds for making it to a Regional location (KC would be great location for Jacks fans though),it's a good seed for a first round game, but having to win against a #1 seed is a difficult task in the 2nd round. I'd rather be a lower seed, but then we probably wouldn't make it in as an At-Large if we had that poor of a record to get a lower seed line.

Charlie's picks aren't gospel though, maybe the real Selection Committee will get us a 10 seed, they have the history for it, then all we'd have to beat is a number 7 and a number 2 seed to make it to the sweet 16. The two close calls in the NCAA Tournament has us itching to climb that mountain and make a sweet 16 appearance.
      As Jackie Gleason would say while shaking his fist , "one of these times Norton, one of these times".

We have to get there first, for any of this post to have any relevance, so I guess I'd rather see us win the SLT and the heck with tying to get two teams in the NCAA tournament for the first time ever for the Summit League. Lets win the Conference, get the #1 seed going into the SLT, and go from there.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-19-2018, 08:46 PM. Reason: added some content

Comment

Sorry to bring this up but i just read on usd's forum that if SDSU happens to lose in the SLT and they receive an at-large bid it is because they won the wnit 2 years ago. Sorry I just had to share that laugh with everyone else. A #9 seed from Charlie Creme speaks a lot compared to a #14 seed that usd was given. The Jacks OCC resume is willing to give up 1 conference loss and 1 SLT loss.

Comment

I will take the #9 seed against Arizona State that he has us penciled in for this morning. After all, I would like another shot at Louisville on their home court.

In fact, that whole Lexington bracket seems pretty competitive if it actually fell the way he has it. If he has SDSU as a #9 and not winning the Summit, would winning it give them a 7 or an 8? He has Green Bay at a 6 and Florida Gulf Coast as an 8.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Here is an updated article on our fate as an at-large team:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...n-bubble-teams

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Here is an updated article on our fate as an at-large team:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...n-bubble-teams

The only way the women would get an at-large is if they lose to USD in the finals. The other teams in the conference just are not good enough to be considered a "good loss." I wonder, if USD ends up with 2 losses (both to SDSU) if they would get the nod as an at large? Seems to me that both teams are solid mid-majors.

Comment

Creme's latest bracket report lists South Dakota State University as an 11 seed versus 6 seed LSU at Los Angeles, and South Dakota as a 13 seed vs 4 seed Maryland at College Park, MD. I believe that is the first time I have ever seen his bracket prediction list 2 teams from the Summit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  Creme's latest bracket report lists South Dakota State University as an 11 seed versus 6 seed LSU at Los Angeles, and South Dakota as a 13 seed vs 4 seed Maryland at College Park, MD. I believe that is the first time I have ever seen his bracket prediction list 2 teams from the Summit!
                  http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Aside from being in UCONN's region, I would really like this draw. I think that it would be the friendliest one the women have ever gotten...plus how much fun would it be to watch them advance and play the greatest college sports dynasty?

Comment

I’d love to see that (other than getting there thru the at-large route).

If getting to the Sweet 16 is the goal an 11 or 12 is hard to beat. An 8/9 is a sure way to avoid two weekends of travel and a 7/10 is not much better. I see they currently have Green Bay as a 6, showing what might have been possible with a couple more wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I’d love to see that (other than getting there thru the at-large route).

If getting to the Sweet 16 is the goal an 11 or 12 is hard to beat. An 8/9 is a sure way to avoid two weekends of travel and a 7/10 is not much better. I see they currently have Green Bay as a 6, showing what might have been possible with a couple more wins.
                        Although UWGB is a top 25 ranked team, they may have missed the boat by the couple stumbles they had in their schedule by losing to teams who made them go the wrong direction in the top 25 polls. Imagine if they made it up to that 14th - 16th spot and maybe getting that #4 seed and playing their first and maybe their second games in the NCAA Tournament at home. I admit that replacing teams like Stanford, Tenn, or Ohio State ,teams who currently occupy those spots in the AP poll would be difficult, but not impossible. I also don't know exactly how top 25 poll rankings and RPI rankings play out exactly to determine a seed line, as which carries the most weight in particular.

Charlie's bracketology has Tenn at a 3 seed, Stanford as a 4 seed, and Ohio State as a 5 seed. He has NC State as a 4 seed,which is good for us. UWGB women may of had one of their best chances ever to maybe get a 4 seed in the Dance this year I think, but it just didn't work out for them, but nothings final yet I guess.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-20-2018, 12:15 AM. Reason: added some content to post

Comment

Will be interesting to see where SDSU would end up if they win out. Their "worst" loss right now is to the #3 team in the Big 10 (Creighton) by 7 on the road. The other 4 losses are against teams currently in 1st place in their conferences.

That hypothetical starts at 7pm tonight

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Will be interesting to see where SDSU would end up if they win out. Their "worst" loss right now is to the #3 team in the Big 10 (Creighton) by 7 on the road. The other 4 losses are against teams currently in 1st place in their conferences.

That hypothetical starts at 7pm tonight
                            Big East

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                              Big East
                              And I knew that...I guess my fingers and my brain weren't working very well together...as usual.

Latest Bracketology has SDSU as one of the first 4 out.

Comment

Working...
                              X