• Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology (2017-2018)

#8 seed in the air
    Jackrabbit WBB‏Verified account @GoJacksWBB 1h1 hour ago More

• Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet

Wheels up to South Bend! #UnleashChaos #EarsUp pic.twitter.com/QjwqSx2t4M

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      The WNIT was a lot of fun the first couple times and I admit wondering if winning a bunch of games there was better than one-and-done in the NCAA. Not any more. Last year it felt like an afterthought and I'm guessing that's how it will be going forward. The novelty is gone. Maybe things would heat up by the time it was whittled down to 8 teams, but I'm not sure. I imagine USD will go through some of that this year if their team wins enough games for it to matter. Hell, they have a tournament game tonight and tomorrow and their message board spent all day discussing Stig and his Joose.....

I lost interest in the WNIT the last time we played in it. I didnt go to any games. I suppose if it got down to the semifinals i would probably go. When youve been to the NCAA tourney as often as we have, the WNIT is disappointing.

Comment

Irish of Notre Dame WBB beat Villanova today in the NCAA Tournament by the score of 98-72. Villanova still shot 50%,10-20, from 3 pt range (they certainly are a really good team shooting 3's) but, ND controlled the game by getting way more rebounds to keep the ball in their hands a lot more ,and in getting the rebound advantage, they got more shots at the basket (shooting over 50% themselves from 2 pt range.

In our game , we got out rebounded by Villanova and the differential in made 3 pt shots was -13 compared to ND 's differential of made 3 ptrs of -7 . It doesn't hurt having a 6'4" Shepard in the paint grabbing rebounds. Interestingly , both SDSU and ND got (3) 3 pt baskets of their own against Villanova ,but ND was more efficient shooting 3-8. We had the better stat in holding their 3 FG % down at 42.1% for the game (16-38) ,but Nova had way more attempts in our game than what ND gave them (10-20). We held them to 23% in 3 pt FG 's in the second half, pretty dang good, but not as good as 0% ND held them to the 2nd half (0-5).They really put the clamps on them. Guess we had the right game plan against them when the three's wouldn't fall by going inside, but like ND ,we probably needed to have more rebounding to keep their possessions down ,plus limiting their number of shots and giving us more chances.

ND got 19 offensive rebounds in this game ,Villanova got 19 rebounds total, for the whole game. To think, our game against Villanova might have just come down to giving them maybe a half dozen less three pt shots, or hitting just a couple more ourselves, we were that close. Things to ponder. The ND vs Villanova game was a fun game to watch, but got me to thinking what could have been. McGraw was very dis-satisfied at how flat ND played the first half, a 45-45 tie. They came out very intense ,physical, the second half of the game and opened up a 20 pt lead to enter the 4th qtr with. This is the type of intensity it takes to advance in the NCAA Tournament. We are conditioned by Summit ref's not to breathe too hard on anyone or get called for a foul, so our reluctance to play physical is understandable, but it puts us at a definite disadvantage. In the P-5 conferences ,physicality during intense games is much more accepted. This game between Villanova and ND was very physical, especially the 3rd quarter when ND made their run. ND was very aggressive playing defense and offense in that quarter. It does make for an intense exciting game though. Good for women's basketball I'd think, as long as it's kept under some control and isn't allowed to get too wild.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-18-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X