Bracketology (2017-2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology (2017-2018)

Even if a team loses to a top team, they look at the margin of loss. I think that Louisville game make a huge impact.

Comment

tickets purchased

Comment

Two thoughts, if we win vs Villanova, facing an injury plagued ND team is better than facing a completely healthy roster, that said, the players they will have on the floor will still be very, very tough. Yes, we can do it, win the game, but we have to play very well. Having played them before is a very positive thing. The other premier team in the ACC Louisville, we played well, but still lost, but we could have cut down on mistakes in that game and could of pulled it out too.

My thoughts are, again assuming we get by Villanova, no guarantee there, we win one and lose the second,or we win both games get sweet 16 ,and have an easier path advancing after defeating no. 1. Playing against either Tamu, DePaul, or another game with Oklahoma or Drake, there's a very real chance at an unheard of elite 8 for a mid-major program. However it turns out, I'll be OK with ,but the possibilities presented are intriguing to say the least. If we don't get by Villanova first, the rest is a moot point. Should be a fun journey.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          No NCAA tourney for USD. They should use this as a lesson. Schedule tougher.
          They are a better team than a lot of these teams. A sad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Congrats on the 8 seed, if I remember right this is the highest seed you have been since the 7 seed in your first year, is that right? What were you being projected at? This does tell me that you would have been in even if you lost in the title game, which is a good sign. I didn't have any hope of our women getting in based on the projections, but when you got an 8 then I had a little hope. I really hope our league gets to a point where the runner-up can get a bid as well. You should have let us win that championship game so we could have put that to the test this year.
            What are your thoughts on the 8 seed? You have to be happy with the respect shown, but I could understand if you maybe wanted an 11 or so. It's really hard to make a deep run at an 8 or 9 because you have to play a #1 in the 2nd round, that's normally a death sentence in women's basketball, but I think I read someone post on here that ND has some injuries? What kind of injuries are we talking about, key players?
            Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
              ...I think I read someone post on here that ND has some injuries? What kind of injuries are we talking about, key players?
              Good luck.
              They're down to seven scholarship players, all of whom are very good. At least four scholarship players presently out, rehabbing ACL injuries.

Comment

The debate between "1 and done" in the NCAA tournament VS "a deep run" in the wnit is about to begin again on a certain fanbase forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  The debate between "1 and done" in the NCAA tournament VS "a deep run" in the wnit is about to begin again on a certain fanbase forum.
                  I'm just waiting for their men to make a deep run in the CBI and to have them claim that it's so much better to do that than get into the tournament.

Comment

I "really" enjoyed it a few years ago when a certain team won the wnit and had a billboard along I-90 east of sioux falls I believe it was with the team holding up #1 fingers. Not quite accurate I thought to myself....more like #65 or somewhere round about there (do women do the play in games?)
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      I'm just waiting for their men to make a deep run in the CBI and to have them claim that it's so much better to do that than get into the tournament.
                      As far as I am concerned, they can have all the WNIT and CBI titles they want. I'll take the BIG DANCE every day. It's the dumbest argument out there. I'm sure the Argus will have some article about it to.

Comment

As far as I am concerned, they can have all the WNIT and CBI titles they want. I'll take the BIG DANCE every day. It's the dumbest argument out there. I'm sure the Argus will have some article about it to.
                        Just tell them that they should be thanking us for the money we bring into the conference. Every game we play in the Dance will give the Summit 1.7 million.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          I "really" enjoyed it a few years ago when a certain team won the wnit and had a billboard along I-90 east of sioux falls I believe it was with the team holding up #1 fingers. Not quite accurate I thought to myself....more like #65 or somewhere round about there (do women do the play in games?)
                          They did win a "national title". At least that's what some family members of mine have told me.

The entire argument is silly. Of course everyone wants the NCAA bid. That is where the publicity and stature lies. It is the tournament recruits care about. The WNIT is not even an NCAA sponsored tournament. It is a tourney a lot of majors refuse to play in. The WNIT was fun, the NCAA is huge. If we can get by Villanova the game against ND will be the game of the weekend in the Women's tournament. Knock off ND and the sky is the limit in years to come.

Comment

I swear people on this board made the same arguments the year USD went to the dance.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              They did win a "national title". At least that's what some family members of mine have told me.

The entire argument is silly. Of course everyone wants the NCAA bid. That is where the publicity and stature lies. It is the tournament recruits care about. The WNIT is not even an NCAA sponsored tournament. It is a tourney a lot of majors refuse to play in. The WNIT was fun, the NCAA is huge. If we can get by Villanova the game against ND will be the game of the weekend in the Women's tournament. Knock off ND and the sky is the limit in years to come.
                              Is it as big as the NCAA? No even close. Is it still kind of a big deal to win a tournament? I think so.

You probably aren't going to hang a WNIT banner in the rafters, but to a potential recruit it could be the deciding factor. Sure, SDSU will trump anything they have in that department, but it might make the difference in getting that kid that is choosing between USD and some other school.

Personally I hope they win it again..and every year they play in it.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

making a run in a 2nd tourney like wnit is not a bad deal. Going to NCAA is the 1st, goal, then advancing in the tournament is the next. If you cant do either of those, why not make the most out of your next best chance. Its more regional coverage, it might mean more games at home etc. Even the CBI and CIT its great for younger players to give them a chance to keep playing and developing. The big picture people will remember we were in the NCAA, small picture is we might get beat out so locally USD or other schools would have coverage after our season is done. Same when we made a good run in the WNIT, it was fun and made the best of it and we were being talked about after USD was done for the year.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X