#1 Seth Grosss 133lb vs #1 Bryce Meredith 141lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Seth Grosss 133lb vs #1 Bryce Meredith 141lb

Bono hints at a Thursday Night highlight - #1 Seth Grosss 133lb vs #1 Bryce Meredith 141lb

Bono Twitter:
    Could happen Thursday night. Lets see if the fans want it... who wants to see @GodsWrestler133 vs @bmeredith001 go at it Thursday night when @GoJacksWrestle wrestles @WyoWrestle Two #1’s two different weight classes...#getjacked

\\\///\\\///

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...omingsdsu-dual

Last edited by AmberValley; 01-16-2018, 11:06 AM. Reason: Additional info

Re: #1 Seth Grosss 133lb vs #1 Bryce Meredith 141lb

Looks like it is happening.

@ChrisBono 3rd and final match Thursday night between 2 studs? Be there !

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Looks like it is happening.

@ChrisBono 3rd and final match Thursday night between 2 studs? Be there !
      Still not a guarantee this will happen. Just another tweet to create buzz about the dual in my opinion.

Comment

Not a guarantee but my speculation is if the dual is decided by the time 133 rolls around(assuming it starts at 149) expect a Gross bump whether the jacks are winning or losing. I think everyone wants to see it and it's not just hype to fill the stands. I believe Bono will do what's best for the team and if that means he needs Seth at 133 that'll be it. But if he can let him go at 141 he's going to turn him loose. The wrestler I feel somewhat bad for here is Pohlmeyer. He's wrestling very well right now and I think matches up with Meredith. Henry has his head in the right place and is prepared to do whatever is necessary for the team. That's all these guys...Team first mindset in what comes down to a individual sport.

Regardless of what goes down, you're going to want to be in Frost tomorrow night at 7!

Comment

More banter alluding that this won't be decided before the match:

https://twitter.com/bmeredith001/sta...12060432490498

Comment

Bono says that him, Gross and Sell all want this to happen but something is stopping him from saying it is going to happen for sure. And he alludes to the fact that "we have to win the dual".

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...suiowa-final-x

Comment

I've listened to the interview and read all the tweets and still have no idea if the match is really going to happen. However, it's enough to get me to plan my busy evening around trying to tune in. Hopefully the buzz is affecting lots of others the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Bono says that him, Gross and Sell all want this to happen but something is stopping him from saying it is going to happen for sure. And he alludes to the fact that "we have to win the dual".

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...suiowa-final-x
                It appears Bono won't put matching Gross and Meredith above winning the dual. IMO, absolutely the right call. Even though it's an individual sport, you wrestle duals to win as a team.

The buzz is already there, lots of talk. People will tune in based on the potential. Now just hope the dual is decided by the time 133 rolls around.
                Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 01-18-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing the coaches will both agree to start the dual at 149. However, it does seem like Sell gave Bono permission to move Gross up even if it could potentially cost SDSU the dual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

https://twitter.com/branch9497/statu...26625318363136

https://twitter.com/flowrestling/sta...28141563383808
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

#1 Seth Grosss 133lb vs #1 Bryce Meredith 141lb

Really cool to see that they went through with the match - that’s thinking big. It was fun to see Gross have to work for three full periods too. He about got it done.

The FloWrestling production was WAY better than the last match. I’m hooked for another month-long subscription.

Comment

couldn't go. What happened? Score? Team score? This is where being a wrestling fan is maddening with little to know media coverage. (i don't have FLo)
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Jacks win!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            couldn't go. What happened? Score? Team score? This is where being a wrestling fan is maddening with little to know media coverage. (i don't have FLo)
                            Twitter had good info and it's free

Comment

Good dual all around! Martin, Connor, & Macki all had big wins! Gross & Meredith was intense and great scrambling. In the end I think Meredith's size & length advantage wore Seth down. Seth is a warrior for moving up, clearly he was spent (hands on knees) in the 3rd period but still fought to the end. It seemed there was a lot of mutual respect between both wrestlers, which was nice to see! Rooting for both to win NT's in March!

Comment

Working...
                              X