Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Just looking at the bracketology matrix for this year they have SDSU number two on the 13 line. For the analysts who didn't pick State, they have USD as number 4 on the 13 line.....no other Summit schools were listed. SDSU is currently number 50 in RPI and USD at 87.

12 th seed appears to be the max we could move up as most all of the predicted 11 seeds are Power 5 schools with an at large bid. Here are the predicted 12 and 13 seeds in order.....

12a Middle Tennessee
    12b Loyola-Chicago
    12c New Mexico State
    12d Louisiana-Lafayette
    13a Vermont
    13b South Dakota State
    13c Buffalo
    13d Murray State

USD would be locked in at a 13 with virtually no chance to move up. State would most likely need a 2 to 3 out of 5 upsets in the group above us....probably not realistic either.

Here are the predicted group of schools at 4 and 5 that the 12's and 13's would potentially match up against. Arizona, Wichita State, Clemson, West Virginia, Ohio State, Kentucky, Gonzaga and Rhode Island.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      Just looking at the bracketology matrix for this year they have SDSU number two on the 13 line. For the analysts who didn't pick State, they have USD as number 4 on the 13 line.....no other Summit schools were listed. SDSU is currently number 50 in RPI and USD at 87.

12 th seed appears to be the max we could move up as most all of the predicted 11 seeds are Power 5 schools with an at large bid. Here are the predicted 12 and 13 seeds in order.....

12a Middle Tennessee
      12b Loyola-Chicago
      12c New Mexico State
      12d Louisiana-Lafayette
      13a Vermont
      13b South Dakota State
      13c Buffalo
      13d Murray State

USD would be locked in at a 13 with virtually no chance to move up. State would most likely need a 2 to 3 out of 5 upsets in the group above us....probably not realistic either.

Here are the predicted group of schools at 4 and 5 that the 12's and 13's would potentially match up against. Arizona, Wichita State, Clemson, West Virginia, Ohio State, Kentucky, Gonzaga and Rhode Island.
      Anyone else think that with all the turmoil at Arizona that drawing them in the first round might not be the worst thing to happen? Out of that list of 4s and 5s they seem the most "gettable." Although it would be fun to have another shot at Wichita State or Gonzaga. For the good of my heart-rate, I do not want to watch us play against West Virginia's defense.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Anyone else think that with all the turmoil at Arizona that drawing them in the first round might not be the worst thing to happen? Out of that list of 4s and 5s they seem the most "gettable." Although it would be fun to have another shot at Wichita State or Gonzaga. For the good of my heart-rate, I do not want to watch us play against West Virginia's defense.
        Lets not get the cart too far in front of the horse.

Comment

Since we already played Witchita we won’t be matched up either them in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            Lets not get the cart too far in front of the horse.
            If ESPN can post a Bracketology, we can talk about it. Besides, putting the cart before the horse is why they invented sports message boards

Just ran across this on Mid-Major Madness. Interesting viewpoint.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018...hoops-brackets
            Last edited by SoDakJack; 02-27-2018, 06:18 PM. Reason: Content
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              If ESPN can post a Bracketology, we can talk about it. Besides, putting the cart before the horse is why they invented sports message boards

Just ran across this on Mid-Major Madness. Interesting viewpoint.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018...hoops-brackets
              At the same point why have an NCAA tournament? I guess I view the regular conference games as a tune up for conference tournaments. SDSU should not have been in the tournament last year obviously if we go from the start of the season, but frankly you want your best teams to be the ones moving on. usually the cream rises so upsets happen and that makes it exciting and frustrating depending on which side of the fence your on.

If anything the selection committee should give more guidelines for what it expects from tournament teams, so those who don't get the auto bid, can know before the season starts to have a better expectation of what it needs to make an at large berth.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If the goal is to make conference championships "more meaningful," just give all the conference champions a first-round bye in the NCAA tournament, and increase the number of at-large teams to 64.

The at-large teams play one another, the winners take on the conference champions.

Losers of the first-round at-large games go to the NIT.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  If the goal is to make conference championships "more meaningful," just give all the conference champions a first-round bye in the NCAA tournament, and increase the number of at-large teams to 64.

The at-large teams play one another, the winners take on the conference champions.

Losers of the first-round at-large games go to the NIT.
                  Out of the box thinking and it sounds fun! Dilly, Dilly!!

Comment

The watch party for the men's selection will be held at Cubbies on Sunday afternoon at 4:00.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/3/7...w-parties.aspx
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Currently ESPN has us playing Gonzaga as a 4-13 game.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                        Currently ESPN has us playing Gonzaga as a 4-13 game.
                        All three of the big Bracketology listings have the Jacks coming to Boise. I already have tickets here, so I am praying that happens. My wife is a Zag and we saw the 1-16 game last year. Playing them again this year will be a completely different matchup with all sorts of upset potential.

Comment

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

This website averages all the bracketology sites. Has us at the "top" 13 seed just below Buffalo. I'd be pissed if Buffalo gets seeded higher than us. Looking at their resume on ESPN it's at best equal to ours and we beat them head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

This website averages all the bracketology sites. Has us at the "top" 13 seed just below Buffalo. I'd be pissed if Buffalo gets seeded higher than us. Looking at their resume on ESPN it's at best equal to ours and we beat them head to head.
                            Guess we hope Buffalo gets beat in their conference tourney. If New Mexico St gets upset it would be a plus too.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              Guess we hope Buffalo gets beat in their conference tourney. If New Mexico St gets upset it would be a plus too.
                              Yes, we should be cheering against both those teams. I still think there is a decent chance the committee puts us above Buffalo.

Comment

I could see Murray State seeded above us. SOS schedule in our favor, combined Quadrant I and II records in their favor....otherwise pretty equal across the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X