Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
      #7 vs #2 Texas
      8pm Tuesday on ESPN

Comment

• Re: Bracketology

at least we get ESPN instead of ESPN3 or ESPNU

Comment

Hard to tell if the Longhorns really will want to keep playing - .500 record certainly is below expectations, especially with the $ they are paying Shaka Smart. In Texas, there may be more interest in spring football than playing in the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Hard to tell if the Longhorns really will want to keep playing - .500 record certainly is below expectations, especially with the $ they are paying Shaka Smart. In Texas, there may be more interest in spring football than playing in the NIT.
            By our Summit Tourney effort, I'd question the same for us...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I would quote the last two comments if I could. I think the boys know most all of SD is still behind them. I'm sure they are as disappointed as us. But, to know the state still cares A LOT should be a motivation. I think its called pride.

Comment

Some rule changes for the NIT. 3 point line is deeper among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                  at least we get ESPN instead of ESPN3 or ESPNU
                  Anytime a mid-major can get their brand in front of new eyes it's a big deal.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Texas looks to be an interesting team. They had like the 10th most difficult strength of schedule, but have gone .500 overall and 8-10 in conference. Still they have wins over North Carolina, Purdue, Kansas, Kansas state, and Iowa state. They also have loses against Radford, VCU, and Providence. Sounds like they will be without big 12 freshman of the year, 6’-11” Jaxson Hayes, who injured his knee in the final minutes of their last game. They still have three guys listed at 6-9.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit
                      They still have three guys listed at 6-9.
                      Oh boy

Comment

Ok, I’m on board now. A nationally televised game against a huge name in the world of college sports is a big opportunity. A lot of what happens in the first round of the NIT is dictated by the attitude of the teams that find themselves there. Hopefully ours comes in famished for retribution instead of licking their wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Ok, I’m on board now. A nationally televised game against a huge name in the world of college sports is a big opportunity. A lot of what happens in the first round of the NIT is dictated by the attitude of the teams that find themselves there. Hopefully ours comes in famished for retribution instead of licking their wounds.
                          We will have to shoot good to have a chance. I'm curious what the effect the added distance to the three pointed will have. I can't imagine it will help.

Comment

I watch Big 12 basketball 24/7. I have season tickets at Iowa State, that’s how I got to know TJ so well. Your starting 5 is every bit as good as Texas. Daum will be the best player on the floor. Jenkins 2nd best. After that advantage goes to Texas. This game is very winnable if you go in hungry and a chip on your shoulder. Texas doesn’t want to be there. I actually think the arena will be negative energy for the Longhorns. Many fans are done with the Shaka Smart era.

Unless your guys go in not caring ( which I don’t see ) I think you pull off the upset. I’m not even certain it’s an upset. TJ is very familiar with Texas and will have additional access of tendencies from the Cyclone office. I’ll call it 86-82 Jacks

Comment

I think them missing their stud freshman is a big turning point for us. Without him, I feel like we have a good chance of beating them. Let's do this!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                We will have to shoot good to have a chance. I'm curious what the effect the added distance to the three pointed will have. I can't imagine it will help.
                                Actually, I think it helps us. Texas is not known as a great shooting team.

Whereas Daum and Jenkins can both hit from well outside the traditional 3 point line. It may affect Flatten and Ariens...which is concerning, but our 2 main "shooters" should be more than comfortable from that distance.

Texas is crazy athletic... and the Jackrabbits will have to be prepared to handle the press. Haven't watched Texas alot this year, but I'm assuming Shaka is still pressing the whole game? (Havoc? I think he calls it?)

Comment

Working...
                                X