Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    For those who have been....how are the seats in the corners and behind the buckets? Would we be better off going upper deck?
    We go upper deck and think its much better then the behind the baskets. The horse shoe side lower level sucked. Being straight no even upper deck was fine. But we had kids so it's less crazy up there. Generally only full for sdsu and usd games obviously. Otherwise plenty of room for our kids to move but we can still watch the games fine.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

[QUOTE=RowdyRabbit;341164]As you go around the corners and get behind the baskets, you start to get preeetty far away from the hoop. As for me, I would go upper deck vs corner or behind a hoop. As Oldhare mentioned though....it's quite the height and angle from up top, so if you don't like heights, maybe lower level corner or behind would be better.[/QUOT

We sit behind a handicap section(and most of the time people sitting there arent handicapped). We asked an usher a couple years ago why people that arent handicapped were sitting there and he said some of them are people who bought upper levels seats. When they got up there, the heighth got to them and they sit them in the handicap section.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        For those who have been....how are the seats in the corners and behind the buckets? Would we be better off going upper deck?
        Not bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;341167]
          Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

We sit behind a handicap section(and most of the time people sitting there arent handicapped). We asked an usher a couple years ago why people that arent handicapped were sitting there and he said some of them are people who bought upper levels seats. When they got up there, the heighth got to them and they sit them in the handicap section.
          My wife is handicapped so I buy two tickets in that section so we can sit together. She just goes to the SDSU games so when I go to other games I still sit in the section as that is what I have paid for." I some times get strange looks or asked why I am setting there.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rabbit74;341176]
            Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

My wife is handicapped so I buy two tickets in that section so we can sit together. She just goes to the SDSU games so when I go to other games I still sit in the section as that is what I have paid for." I some times get strange looks or asked why I am setting there.
            My wife broke her ankle the day before the imagine dragons concert. Since I am cheap we bought nose bleed seats. We asked about exchanging for handicapped with her boot and cast stuff. They were all sold and it was not one person In our area with any physical handicap. I know most places sell them to general public once it's a sell out. We sat folding chairs for phillip Phillip's at the pavilion since all seats were sold so we got to sit mezzanine right up front. Those were nice seats.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I see on the Summit League site the returned tickets from some schools are now for sale on lower level.
              Was just going to post this as well. Good opportunity to get lower bowl tickets for all sessions:

https://twitter.com/thesummitleague/...02790086074369

Comment

Joe Lunardi's new bracketology has the Jacks as a 14 seed playing Kentucky in Des Moines. I would take that !

Comment

It's a really good thing we didn't lose to NDSU, that would have knocked us down a seed or two. Looking back, Tulane and FGCU were really bad losses and are going to hurt us come seeding time. Without those losses, we would be sitting pretty good.

Looking at the most recent projections, we're pretty firmly on the 14 line at this point, which would put us in Tulsa, OK or Hartford, CT. If we win out and get help, we can probably get to a 13, but it's unlikely we're a 12 this year imo.

One interesting note... Texas Tech is projected as a 4 seed right now. It would be hilarious to me if we end up getting matched up against them and Mooney gets his dreams crushed by SDSU one last time.

Comment

Joe Lunardi has had us fluctuating between a 14 or 15 throughout the season. With the 5 non-conference losses and no real signature win, I'm not sure we would have gotten higher than that. It's interesting that Montana, who beat us in Brookings, is a 15.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      It's a really good thing we didn't lose to NDSU, that would have knocked us down a seed or two. Looking back, Tulane and FGCU were really bad losses and are going to hurt us come seeding time. Without those losses, we would be sitting pretty good.

Looking at the most recent projections, we're pretty firmly on the 14 line at this point, which would put us in Tulsa, OK or Hartford, CT. If we win out and get help, we can probably get to a 13, but it's unlikely we're a 12 this year imo.

One interesting note... Texas Tech is projected as a 4 seed right now. It would be hilarious to me if we end up getting matched up against them and Mooney gets his dreams crushed by SDSU one last time.
                      The bracketmatrix has us at the third 14 seed. I predicted we'd get a 13 seed a couple weeks ago but with the loss to Omaha, our ceiling is a 14 IMO unless there are several upsets with auto bids above us.

Comment

There are almost always 2-3 autobid upsets that can improve a seed for the ones not upset by by seed.

Comment

Here are a few bracket predictions:

ESPN - 14 seed playing Texas Tech in Tulsa
                          CBS - 15 seed playing Michigan in Des Moines (Yes please!)
                          USA Today - 14 seed playing Kansas in Salt Lake City

The nice thing about this year is that there aren't as many dominant teams as there normally are at the top. I feel good about any of those 3 matchups. As long as we're not a 16 seed, I think we have a good shot at an upset.

Comment

A game with Texas Tech and Matt Mooney would have some unique interest.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              A game with Texas Tech and Matt Mooney would have some unique interest.
                              Exactly. Like I said before, it would be poetic for Mooney to leave the SLT to get away from Daum, only to have him take his new team down in the first round.

Comment

Texas Tech would be a tough matchup. Mooney is the third leading scorer on a deep team. Two outstanding sophomore guards, four redshirt seniors, a redshirt sophomore, and a freshman are in the 8-man rotation. They also have three guys who they can matchup with Daum. One is a 6'10" PF who's somewhat athletic and an excellent shot blocker.

They played Duke tough in early December in New York and have split the season series with Kansas. Bottom line is that they win the games they should and that is why they are 24-5. Their losses are to Duke, Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State and Kansas State. I wish I could say the same for our losses.

But March Madness is a special tournament and this group is as seasoned as any mid-major for a Cinderella run.

Comment

Working...
                                X