Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
    For the seniors 1 and one in the NCAA. For the underclassmen, as many games as possible in the NIT. Forget the other two tournaments.
    I wish that, in the past, SDSU had been one of the "First Four" games. Those are really the best case scenario. No other games to compete with and a good chance for a victory.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I don't think that the NIT is something mid-major should thumb their nose at. Sure it's not the ultimate goal. It's really disappointing that we did not make the NCAAs. However, we still get more practice and exposure since the games are on ESPN channels, as far as I know. We might as well make the best of our situation.

Comment

We also need to realize the NIT will still include teams ranked higher than us. We will most likely be a 7 or 8 seed, and we could be facing a first four out team. Very unlikely we will get any home games either. The competition will be dificult, and the team will need to be ready to play. Any wins in the NIT will most likely be our best of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
          We also need to realize the NIT will still include teams ranked higher than us. We will most likely be a 7 or 8 seed, and we could be facing a first four out team. Very unlikely we will get any home games either. The competition will be dificult, and the team will need to be ready to play. Any wins in the NIT will most likely be our best of the season.
          Fwiw, we're projected as a 6 or 7 seed in the NIT which would pit us against potential 2 or 3 seeds like Belmont, UNC Greensboro, St. Mary's, Arkansas, Georgetown, Memphis (a rematch would be fun), Davidson, South Carolina.

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/
          (NIT bracketology is at bottom of page)

Comment

The midmajor madness nit bracket has us as an 8 seed playing Arizona state.

Comment

Winning one game in the NCAA is quite possible. NDSU did it and we had been in very close games there as well. We are selling us short by saying NIT with a few wins is better than the NIT. We are SDSU not usd.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                What if I told you the underclassman don't really play?
                Yes yes, I should have said, "For those coming back next year, NIT."
                Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                  Winning one game in the NCAA is quite possible. NDSU did it and we had been in very close games there as well. We are selling us short by saying NIT with a few wins is better than the NIT. We are SDSU not usd.
                  I don’t think anyone is saying they would rather play in the NIT than win the SLT and play in the big dance but that is not the hand we were dealt this year so now it’s time to make the most of it and try and win as many games as possible in the NIT. Also I bet everyone on the team would be happy to win a few game and get the chance to play in Madison Square Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                    I don’t think anyone is saying they would rather play in the NIT than win the SLT and play in the big dance but that is not the hand we were dealt this year so now it’s time to make the most of it and try and win as many games as possible in the NIT. Also I bet everyone on the team would be happy to win a few game and get the chance to play in Madison Square Garden.
                    QTF

Considering you don't know the outcome of any game, it is all hypothetical. If you are going to guarantee me 1 game in the NCAA vs a championship run in the NIT, I will lean NIT. However, with the unknown, I would much rather see the Jacks in the NCAA than the NIT.
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Here is one NIT bracketology

https://thebarkingcrow.com/nit-bracketology/

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Ha. I'd say this one is particularly bad. They have Montana in the NIT. It appears they are playing in the first round of their conference tourney now.

Comment

Ha. I'd say this one is particularly bad. They have Montana in the NIT. It appears they are playing in the first round of their conference tourney now.
                          Whats even worse is their ncaa bracket has Montana as a 15 seed. Guess theyre going to both tourneys.

Comment

I was surprised that they had Utah State in there as well.

Comment

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

Comment

There are currently eight teams that have an automatic bid to the NIT. The teams (with their current NET rankings) are Belmont (46), Libscomb (47), Hofstra (74), SDSU (104), Loyola (126), Wright State (141), Campbell (223) and St. Francis (253). There is a chance Belmont could receive an at large to the NCAAs, but that will not affect the Jack's seed anyway.

The only way we will move up on the seed lines is if any more teams ranked lower than us lose in their conference tournament. Of the conference tournaments remaining, there are 10 with regular season conference champs that would not receive an at large to the NCAA tournament if they lose in their conference tournament, and they would be NIT autobids. The remaining potential autobids are Vermont (75), UC Irvine (76), Old Dominion (98), Montana (125), Georgia State (127), Harvard (131), Sam Houston (174), Prairie View (209) and Norfolk State (256). So we would need four of the six teams that are ranked worse than us to lose in order to move to the number 6 seed.

I'm not real sure of possible 2 seeds that we could be facing. The first four out of the NCAA tourney are automatically the four number one seeds of the NIT tournament. There are certainly some politics that go into the rest of the at large teams and their respective seeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X