Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Actually, I think it helps us. Texas is not known as a great shooting team.

Whereas Daum and Jenkins can both hit from well outside the traditional 3 point line. It may affect Flatten and Ariens...which is concerning, but our 2 main "shooters" should be more than comfortable from that distance.

Texas is crazy athletic... and the Jackrabbits will have to be prepared to handle the press. Haven't watched Texas alot this year, but I'm assuming Shaka is still pressing the whole game? (Havoc? I think he calls it?)
    I was thinking that too. It helps spread our shooter out a little more. I would think flatten can handle it. Djj surely can.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      I watch Big 12 basketball 24/7. I have season tickets at Iowa State, that’s how I got to know TJ so well. Your starting 5 is every bit as good as Texas. Daum will be the best player on the floor. Jenkins 2nd best. After that advantage goes to Texas. This game is very winnable if you go in hungry and a chip on your shoulder. Texas doesn’t want to be there. I actually think the arena will be negative energy for the Longhorns. Many fans are done with the Shaka Smart era.

Unless your guys go in not caring ( which I don’t see ) I think you pull off the upset. I’m not even certain it’s an upset. TJ is very familiar with Texas and will have additional access of tendencies from the Cyclone office. I’ll call it 86-82 Jacks
      Nice breakdown, Yoteforever. Thanks. This is a big opportunity for the Jacks against a team that might under-estimate them. Hopefully the Jacks get motivated and move on to the second round.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        Actually, I think it helps us. Texas is not known as a great shooting team.

Whereas Daum and Jenkins can both hit from well outside the traditional 3 point line. It may affect Flatten and Ariens...which is concerning, but our 2 main "shooters" should be more than comfortable from that distance.

Texas is crazy athletic... and the Jackrabbits will have to be prepared to handle the press. Haven't watched Texas alot this year, but I'm assuming Shaka is still pressing the whole game? (Havoc? I think he calls it?)
        They don't run the same havoc defense he was known for at VCU. They are very athletic, especially at the guard spots. Jaxson Hayes not playing is a big win for us as we have no one that can match up with him.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          We will have to shoot good to have a chance. I'm curious what the effect the added distance to the three pointed will have. I can't imagine it will help.
          I would bet you won’t see much of a difference. I would guess if you go back and look at where we shot most of it threes this year most of them came from a foot or more behind the line. So moving it back won’t change those threes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
            I would bet you won’t see much of a difference. I would guess if you go back and look at where we shot most of it threes this year most of them came from a foot or more behind the line. So moving it back won’t change those threes at all.
            I only worry when courts have NBA line because they like to show off to much.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I only worry when courts have NBA line because they like to show off to much.
              You may need to cover your eyes often next year. I think between Caleb and DJJ, we are going to see a lot of shots from beyond the college 3-pt line.

Playing Texas is a big deal if for no other reason that it may open up the eyes of some kids that normally wouldn't get to see the team play.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I watch Big 12 basketball 24/7. I have season tickets at Iowa State, that’s how I got to know TJ so well. Your starting 5 is every bit as good as Texas. Daum will be the best player on the floor. Jenkins 2nd best. After that advantage goes to Texas. This game is very winnable if you go in hungry and a chip on your shoulder. Texas doesn’t want to be there. I actually think the arena will be negative energy for the Longhorns. Many fans are done with the Shaka Smart era.

Unless your guys go in not caring ( which I don’t see ) I think you pull off the upset. I’m not even certain it’s an upset. TJ is very familiar with Texas and will have additional access of tendencies from the Cyclone office. I’ll call it 86-82 Jacks
                Texas is a 9.5 point favorite, so it would be an upset in that regard. Good post. If you really like the Jacks to win, you can bet on them at nearly 4/1 (+385).

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Texas is a 9.5 point favorite, so it would be an upset in that regard. Good post. If you really like the Jacks to win, you can bet on them at nearly 4/1 (+385).
                  unless Daum is injured or there’s something out there I’m not aware of with your team, I don’t think there’s a prayer in hell that Texas wins by that much. I bet a guy in Florida yesterday $200 on the game and I didn’t take the Horns. I think you’re gonna win this game.

Comment

unless Daum is injured or there’s something out there I’m not aware of with your team, I don’t think there’s a prayer in hell that Texas wins by that much. I bet a guy in Florida yesterday $200 on the game and I didn’t take the Horns. I think you’re gonna win this game.
                    You're getting my hopes up Yote!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      You're getting my hopes up Yote!
                      Obviously anything can happen, right? Good or bad. I’m saying of both teams play their “normal” game, and you combine that with the fact Texas does not want to be here, I think you have more than a punchers chance to win. Texas is not all that good.

Comment

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Comment

Where can I watch this game?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                                Where can I watch this game?
                                Should be on ESPN
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X