Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Guess we hope Buffalo gets beat in their conference tourney. If New Mexico St gets upset it would be a plus too.
    Well I think we should root for Buffalo and any other team that was on our schedule. Every time an opponent wins it increases our strength of schedule and improves our RPI. Especially teams that we have previously beaten. I am not worried about Buffalo being ranked hire than us. The selection committee will take into account head to head. So any team that we played in the regular season we should be rooting for. Wichita State, Kansas, Colorado (which won last night), Wyoming (also won last night), UND, and Buffalo.

Also with the Colorado win, Wyoming win and Ole Miss loss, we did move up from the 42nd RPI ranking to 40th RPI ranking last night.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      Well I think we should root for Buffalo and any other team that was on our schedule. Every time an opponent wins it increases our strength of schedule and improves our RPI. Especially teams that we have previously beaten. I am not worried about Buffalo being ranked hire than us. The selection committee will take into account head to head. So any team that we played in the regular season we should be rooting for. Wichita State, Kansas, Colorado (which won last night), Wyoming (also won last night), UND, and Buffalo.

Also with the Colorado win, Wyoming win and Ole Miss loss, we did move up from the 42nd RPI ranking to 40th RPI ranking last night.
      I get what you are saying, but, at least in regards to Buffalo, right now the best thing that can happen for us would be for them to not win the MAC tournament. It would move us up to a 12 seed, a very big deal in the NCAA tournament where the difference between a 4 and 5 seed can be pretty big. WSU, KS, CU, WY, UND, I agree. Cheer for Buffalo or NMSU to lose their league tournament. We need one or both out to get that coveted 12.

Comment

Well Middle Tennessee just lost and they were projected to be a No. 12 Seed, so a 13 Seed just moved up to a 12 Seed. That is huge for SDSU's chances of moving up.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Nice write up in Midmajormadness.com about the Jacks.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018...tj-otzelberger
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

SCurve Rankings.
            https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to...tology/detail/

Comment

Well Middle Tennessee just lost and they were projected to be a No. 12 Seed, so a 13 Seed just moved up to a 12 Seed. That is huge for SDSU's chances of moving up.
              It is really big. I think we're look at a 12 seed with our resume and it doesn't hurt being a familiar team that's made it 2 years in a row. As far as potential matchups: Gonzaga, Clemson, Ohio State, Kentucky, Arizona, Florida. I would be fine with a Gonzaga rematch, as they're not the same team as last year. Arizona would be really tough, Ayton is a monster inside that we wouldn't have an answer for. At any rate, I'm thinking a lot of people will see us as a very good upset potential.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                It is really big. I think we're look at a 12 seed with our resume and it doesn't hurt being a familiar team that's made it 2 years in a row. As far as potential matchups: Gonzaga, Clemson, Ohio State, Kentucky, Arizona, Florida. I would be fine with a Gonzaga rematch, as they're not the same team as last year. Arizona would be really tough, Ayton is a monster inside that we wouldn't have an answer for. At any rate, I'm thinking a lot of people will see us as a very good upset potential.
                Isn't it 3 years in a row?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Isn't it 3 years in a row?
                  Well yes, this will be our 3rd year. I was just referring to our recent history with the tournament.

Comment

RPI has SDSU and St. Mary's tied, but has SDSU as a 13 and St. Marys as a 10. Now KenPom has SDSU as 75 and St. Mary's as 28. (KenPom never liked SDSU this year)

The big ? is does the committee factor in the fact that SDSU played Gonzaga in the first round last year? They already can't play Wichita St. because they played them during the regular season.

Comment

It will help us as long as Western Kentucky doesn't win the tournament. If they do, they will most likely just replace Middle Tennessee on the 11 line or at worst a high 12 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        It will help us as long as Western Kentucky doesn't win the tournament. If they do, they will most likely just replace Middle Tennessee on the 11 line or at worst a high 12 seed.
                        They may not put Middle Tennessee in the tournament at all, they are definitely on the bubble right now. Just depends on what happens with the rest of the bubble teams in their conference tournament games.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          They may not put Middle Tennessee in the tournament at all, they are definitely on the bubble right now. Just depends on what happens with the rest of the bubble teams in their conference tournament games.
                          Agree with this. MTSU took their fate out of their own hands with their loss. On most boards they are in the field right now but we all know how much that can change before Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Agree with this. MTSU took their fate out of their own hands with their loss. On most boards they are in the field right now but we all know how much that can change before Sunday.
                            ESPN's Lunardi has them in, of course he is using their BPI to make that decision. Which, if you ever have looked at BPI, may be the dumbest way to rank teams I have ever seen.

Pretty sure MTSU are done. Two losses to Marshall, one to So Miss and their only quality wins are in league against WKU and an opening season win over Murray. They have lost their last two games, including being knocked out of their league tourney by a 200+ RPI team. Lunardi and ESPN can pump them based on BPI all they want, the committee doesn't care about BPI, for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              ESPN's Lunardi has them in, of course he is using their BPI to make that decision. Which, if you ever have looked at BPI, may be the dumbest way to rank teams I have ever seen.

This^^^

Evidence:

USD has a SOS rank of 249, SOR rank of 84, and an RPI rank of 94.
                              SDSU has a SOS rank of 175, SOR rank of 52, and an RPI rank of 46.

You'd think we'd have a higher BPI right? Wrong. USD is 64 and SDSU is 85.

But, BPI is made up by ESPN so they have to pump it up. Truthfully, ESPN sucks. They are too big.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                This^^^

Evidence:

USD has a SOS rank of 249, SOR rank of 84, and an RPI rank of 94.
                                SDSU has a SOS rank of 175, SOR rank of 52, and an RPI rank of 46.

You'd think we'd have a higher BPI right? Wrong. USD is 64 and SDSU is 85.

But, BPI is made up by ESPN so they have to pump it up. Truthfully, ESPN sucks. They are too big.
                                I cant hate on ESPN to much since they have some many college football games. same with college basketball which their on air talent I think is pretty solid. Their MLB coverage, they have a lot of games and their baseball game crews I feel are good. a little worried about sunday night baseball. Dan Shulman did a great job but i think he stepped down, and Aaron boone was good, If they could get Jessica Mendoza to stop would be great. she rambles and her game assessments are horrible. Their NFL coverage just drives me crazy so I avoid that as much as possible. However we dropped cable a year ago so don't see the daily espn crap like I use too. Like first take, horrible. The only show I thought was worth anything was around the horn, covered a lot of topics and different views on them with out the annoying arguing. but any network that covers that much college football and basketball and MLB I will take the good with the bad for sure.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X