Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Kentucky first round and Texas Tech second round.

As for Wichita State, we did well when we were above 60% on three's. Once we cooled off the score changed quickly. Honestly, whoever we draw, if we don't shoot 45% or higher from three we don't have much of a chance. If we shoot like we did against Kansas we will suffer the same type of result.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post

As for Wichita State, we did well when we were above 60% on three's. Once we cooled off the score changed quickly. Honestly, whoever we draw, if we don't shoot 45% or higher from three we don't have much of a chance. If we shoot like we did against Kansas we will suffer the same type of result.
      If Kentucky wins the SEC championship, I would think they'll be a 3 or 4 seed.

Comment

Rhode Island of A-10 another #1 conference seed headed to NIT. They have the slimmest chance to win. They do lose 58-57.

These games push the yotes further out of consideration for the NIT.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Rhode Island of A-10 another #1 conference seed headed to NIT. They have the slimmest chance to win. They do lose 58-57.

These games push the yotes further out of consideration for the NIT.
          Rhode Island will get an at-large. They won’t be in the NIT

Comment

Former IUPUI coach Ron Hunter has his Ga State team in the final game for the Sun Belt bid to tournament. They are leading by double digits in second half.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Rhode Island will get an at-large. They won’t be in the NIT
              Yep. If anything Rhode Island just caused Bobby Hurley's Arizona State team to be bumped out of the tournament. Rhode Island is coached by Danny Hurley, Bobby's brother.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
                I would take Wichita State on a neutral court any day. We put a scare into them at their place and they needed some home cooking to escape with a W. And the minute a March Madness crowd starts smelling a big upset, it is no longer a neutral court.
                Interesting to note that in a recent interview of Jenkins I read, he said he would rather face Kansas again instead of Wichita because the Shockers play better defense (his words).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post

On the flip side, we played the Shockers really well considering Jenkins only played an unproductive 15 minutes. I'd prefer not to play anybody a second time though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                    On the flip side, we played the Shockers really well considering Jenkins only played an unproductive 15 minutes. I'd prefer not to play anybody a second time though.
                    Agree. The first time we played the Shockers I think we surprised (shocked?) them. We won't be sneaking up on them this time. Plus, I enjoy seeing the Jacks play against new teams.

I do agree with Jenkins that our best chance of an upset would be against a free-flowing team. Virgina, West Virgina, and the like that play smothering defense would be a tall task.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Lunardi moved us up to a 12, playing Gonzaga. He moved Marshall down to a 13. That was after Davidson beat Rhode Island. Not sure why.

Comment

I feel our best chance is to sneak up on someone not respecting us, much like Gonzaga last year or Wichita State this year. I don't think facing a team a second time is to our advantage.

Comment

Can the other SDSU play in SanDiego? It’d be their home court I think.

Comment

No sneak.

Stomp.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

God this is terrible TBS...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                God this is terrible TBS...
                                Watching paint dry, or grass grow, would be more entertaining. And live audience? WTF?

Oh, and did you know they were in Atlanta? They've only mentioned it three or five times by now.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X