GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Host ORU is 11-6 overall and 3-1 in Summit play. They lost 3 of their games in the first 4 of the season. Currently they are 3rd behind the Coyotes and Jackrabbits. 4th year coach Cussen seems to be rebuilding the team to the previous levels when she was an assistant to Fink. The Eagles candidate for freshman of the year is named Maya Mayberry. She is the younger sister of former player Kaylan Mayberry and her older sister, Taleya, is a grad assistant for the team. Maya is the 3pt percentage leader in the Summit and she averages 10.6 points. Ihim and Martianez are still the core of the group that average 66 points per game and limit opponents to 57.6. They lost at WIU last week in a low scoring game. It appears the defense is for real as they held the Leathernecks to 56 points in Macomb. Of course I expect the Jackrabbits to be closer to the normal 76 points and win a BIG road game in Tulsa. The Jackrabbit offense is for real too. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Host ORU is 11-6 overall and 3-1 in Summit play. They lost 3 of their games in the first 4 of the season. Currently they are 3rd behind the Coyotes and Jackrabbits. 4th year coach Cussen seems to be rebuilding the team to the previous levels when she was an assistant to Fink. The Eagles candidate for freshman of the year is named Maya Mayberry. She is the younger sister of former player Kaylan Mayberry and her older sister, Taleya, is a grad assistant for the team. Maya is the 3pt percentage leader in the Summit and she averages 10.6 points. Ihim and Martianez are still the core of the group that average 66 points per game and limit opponents to 57.6. They lost at WIU last week in a low scoring game. It appears the defense is for real as they held the Leathernecks to 56 points in Macomb. Of course I expect the Jackrabbits to be closer to the normal 76 points and win a BIG road game in Tulsa. The Jackrabbit offense is for real too. Go Jacks!!
    this is going to be a tough one. in fact, hate to say it but a loss AT oru wouldn't shock me. lately, seems there have been too many games where jacks have played 1/2 of basketball.
    Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 01-13-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

We lead 34-33 at the half. I'm watching with the sound off at the same time as keeping an eye on the SDSU and ORU/NDSU men's games so I can't say too much other than I'm ok with the score. We appear to be playing a bit better than recent first-halves, though I've noticed at least 4 lay-up range shots that we've missed. Hopefully the trend of improvement in the second half will continue but ORU is a better team than the first three we've played.

Comment

SDSU leads ORU 57-55 at the end of the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          We lead 34-33 at the half. I'm watching with the sound off at the same time as keeping an eye on the SDSU and ORU/NDSU men's games so I can't say too much other than I'm ok with the score. We appear to be playing a bit better than recent first-halves, though I've noticed at least 4 lay-up range shots that we've missed. Hopefully the trend of improvement in the second half will continue but ORU is a better team than the first three we've played.
          scotty stated jacks have missed a number of easy opportunities in that first half.

still miss tyler. scotty is so hard to follow and frustrating.
          Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 01-13-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Jacks lead 72-65 with 52 seconds to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

74-67 with 30 seconds after Selland FT’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Jacks win 77-70, Miller with 25, Guebert with 17.

Comment

Like Thursday night, the Jacks saved a little for the fourth quarter and grinded out a win (77-70). I'm a little surprised because they looked pretty tired in the 3rd, getting out hustled for numerous loose balls and rebounds. In the 4th they found another gear - and Miller seems to be rediscovering the 5' floater that was so deadly a couple years ago. Look out!

This was ORU's shot to knock off the Jacks - I don't think they'll get another. The upcoming homestand is coming at a good time. I think we'll start to see better play soon.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                    scotty stated jacks have missed a number of easy opportunities in that first half.

still miss tyler. scotty is so hard to follow and frustrating.

Not Scotty. It was Brad Peterson with the call.
                    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

started watching the game on the free feed but turned it off. so frustrating when the Jacks started their offense the tv decided to show the replay of the oru made basket and then missed the Jacks play.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        started watching the game on the free feed but turned it off. so frustrating when the Jacks started their offense the tv decided to show the replay of the oru made basket and then missed the Jacks play.
                        Very frustrating. Who ever thought that was a good idea- yikes.

Comment

Super annoying - they did it after nearly every single ORU field goal, same as every year. To be fair, I’m sure we were just getting the scoreboard video feed. People in the arena would hardly notice (should there have actually been any there).

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                            Not Scotty. It was Brad Peterson with the call.
                            yep, not sure why i had scotty on the brain. sorry about that. good win. was rather concerned if they could pull off this road game.

Comment

This is a very good win. ORU is a very good team and they're probably good enough to upset a contender for the Summit regular season crown who still have to play them at their place ,so that would probably help us if it indeed worked out that way. Trying to upset us was only their first chance to upset someone, they'll get better,they might be a contender themselves and we'll have the head to head advantage on them too.I'm pretty sure that the Yotes feel the same way about defeating W. Ill at their place.The Summit league race already has it's twists and turns going on it seems, lots of games yet to play, but each one should not be considered "insignificant" ,they are all important in the long run.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-14-2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: wrong wording fixed

Comment

Working...
                              X