Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Default GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Host ORU is 11-6 overall and 3-1 in Summit play. They lost 3 of their games in the first 4 of the season. Currently they are 3rd behind the Coyotes and Jackrabbits. 4th year coach Cussen seems to be rebuilding the team to the previous levels when she was an assistant to Fink. The Eagles candidate for freshman of the year is named Maya Mayberry. She is the younger sister of former player Kaylan Mayberry and her older sister, Taleya, is a grad assistant for the team. Maya is the 3pt percentage leader in the Summit and she averages 10.6 points. Ihim and Martianez are still the core of the group that average 66 points per game and limit opponents to 57.6. They lost at WIU last week in a low scoring game. It appears the defense is for real as they held the Leathernecks to 56 points in Macomb. Of course I expect the Jackrabbits to be closer to the normal 76 points and win a BIG road game in Tulsa. The Jackrabbit offense is for real too. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Default Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by OldHare View Post
    Host ORU is 11-6 overall and 3-1 in Summit play. They lost 3 of their games in the first 4 of the season. Currently they are 3rd behind the Coyotes and Jackrabbits. 4th year coach Cussen seems to be rebuilding the team to the previous levels when she was an assistant to Fink. The Eagles candidate for freshman of the year is named Maya Mayberry. She is the younger sister of former player Kaylan Mayberry and her older sister, Taleya, is a grad assistant for the team. Maya is the 3pt percentage leader in the Summit and she averages 10.6 points. Ihim and Martianez are still the core of the group that average 66 points per game and limit opponents to 57.6. They lost at WIU last week in a low scoring game. It appears the defense is for real as they held the Leathernecks to 56 points in Macomb. Of course I expect the Jackrabbits to be closer to the normal 76 points and win a BIG road game in Tulsa. The Jackrabbit offense is for real too. Go Jacks!!
    this is going to be a tough one. in fact, hate to say it but a loss AT oru wouldn't shock me. lately, seems there have been too many games where jacks have played 1/2 of basketball.
    Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 01-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.

We lead 34-33 at the half. I'm watching with the sound off at the same time as keeping an eye on the SDSU and ORU/NDSU men's games so I can't say too much other than I'm ok with the score. We appear to be playing a bit better than recent first-halves, though I've noticed at least 4 lay-up range shots that we've missed. Hopefully the trend of improvement in the second half will continue but ORU is a better team than the first three we've played.

SDSU leads ORU 57-55 at the end of the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    We lead 34-33 at the half. I'm watching with the sound off at the same time as keeping an eye on the SDSU and ORU/NDSU men's games so I can't say too much other than I'm ok with the score. We appear to be playing a bit better than recent first-halves, though I've noticed at least 4 lay-up range shots that we've missed. Hopefully the trend of improvement in the second half will continue but ORU is a better team than the first three we've played.
    scotty stated jacks have missed a number of easy opportunities in that first half.

still miss tyler. scotty is so hard to follow and frustrating.
    Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 01-13-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Jacks lead 72-65 with 52 seconds to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

74-67 with 30 seconds after Selland FTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Jacks win 77-70, Miller with 25, Guebert with 17.

Like Thursday night, the Jacks saved a little for the fourth quarter and grinded out a win (77-70). I'm a little surprised because they looked pretty tired in the 3rd, getting out hustled for numerous loose balls and rebounds. In the 4th they found another gear - and Miller seems to be rediscovering the 5' floater that was so deadly a couple years ago. Look out!

This was ORU's shot to knock off the Jacks - I don't think they'll get another. The upcoming homestand is coming at a good time. I think we'll start to see better play soon.

Quote Originally Posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    scotty stated jacks have missed a number of easy opportunities in that first half.

still miss tyler. scotty is so hard to follow and frustrating.

Not Scotty. It was Brad Peterson with the call.
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!