GDT: Oral Bob @ Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Oral Bob @ Jackrabbits

Why do we have no one who is willing to shoot a WIDE open 6-8’ jumpshot?!

Comment

I'm liking what Key brings against the zone.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

We play awful against teams that are longer and more athletic than us. Missouri State was the same way.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Brandon Key with 3 straight assists.

Comment

Oral Roberts is legit. Key brought us back in that one and scored exactly 0 points.

Comment

Excellent recovery. Big-time credit to Key for stepping up after several games on the shelf. He's definitely a weapon for certain situations.

ORU is legit - size and they play the zone very well. Do they have the energy it requires to keep it up for another 20 minutes? Can they stay out of foul trouble? Those are two things that might bite them, but I'm impressed so far. They had us looking hesitant and lost for 17:00.

Comment

35-34 Jacks at halftime.

Daum heated up and Brandon Key came in and gave us a spark. Nice to see Key play and play well.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Also, did Javon White grow a couple inches in the offseason? I swear he was a 6'7" / 6'8" last season, but the announcers keep saying he's 6'10" and quite frankly, he looks like it.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Key's energy, some decent defense, plus the rest of the guys kind of figuring out the zone in the last five mins of the half make me feel a little better about the second half.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Key's energy, some decent defense, plus the rest of the guys kind of figuring out the zone in the last five mins of the half make me feel a little better about the second half.
                      We sure look gassed at half though.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jenkins,Jr. seemed to not be very active - not very often he plays 18 minutes and only puts up 3 shots. Is Severyn available ? He usually doesn't go a half without playing at all.

Comment

Looked like we were playing with a greased watermelon out there. Surprised college players struggle attacking a zone. Like they are afraid to get in the middle of it. You need to so it will colaplse so you can attack it cutting and pushing the ball out for the 3. Those are higher percentage shots. When you just swing around the 3 pt line and launch it that's a low percentage shot.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Starters, except for King, played 18 or 19 minutes in that half.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Looked like we were playing with a greased watermelon out there. Surprised college players struggle attacking a zone. Like they are afraid to get in the middle of it. You need to so it will colaplse so you can attack it cutting and pushing the ball out for the 3. Those are higher percentage shots. When you just swing around the 3 pt line and launch it that's a low percentage shot.
                              It's different when that zone is run by a long and athletic team. I think it makes perfect sense that it took us awhile to adjust.

Comment

Hopefully Telly is okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X