Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Oral Bob @ Jackrabbits

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Oral Roberts is legit. Key brought us back in that one and scored exactly 0 points.
    Yes, Keys play was a significant factor in the 1st half. He played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      For real though... What the hell kind of coach calls a full court pass with over 5 seconds left? It takes 2-3 seconds to get down the court.
      One that is trying to avoid the likely foul after inbounding the ball.

Comment

Speaking of fouls....

Interesting note about Jackrabbits from the line. Tyler was talking about Daum making his last 27 free throw attempts. That's pretty impressive! Looked at his stats today and I was actually a little surprised that he's only shooting 83.7% from the line. (That's still very impressive!) Then I looked at the conference only statistics and was blown away. As a team in conference play, the team is 87.5% from the line on 64 attempts!!! Daum, King and Flatten are a combined 38 for 38 during that stretch. Our opponents are still shooting an impressive 81.6%, but I'm guessing they're a little more focused when shooting against us. We've scored 40% more points from the charity stripe than our opponents have in conference play. That's a nice advantage to have.

That advantage is a difference maker. In Summit League play, we've outscored our opponents by a combined 7 points from the field in three games. Yet we have made 16 more free throws.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          The rematch in Tulsa will be interesting. ORU had the advantage of the unknown tonight with a defense that the Jacks hadn't played before and had only seen on tape. I trust that our coaching staff now has a better idea about how to attack the zone. That doesn't mean we win down there, but I think we will be better prepared.
          Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we try to play a zone for about a third of the year last year? I think I remember that when we were trying to play zone teams killed us with wide open 3's from the corner. Last night, Daum was open down there at least 5 times and Jenkins Jr. was wide open down there, too. Jenkins almost bit Flattens head off because he didn't pass him the ball. Daum was just telling the other offensive player on that side to just move up more towards the top of the key to take the defender up higher so he would be more wide open. It seemed like we didn't either look into the corner or want to pass the ball down there.
          The middle of the lane and the corners were wide open last night. The coaches should be able to find some way to take advantage of either of those at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we try to play a zone for about a third of the year last year? I think I remember that when we were trying to play zone teams killed us with wide open 3's from the corner. Last night, Daum was open down there at least 5 times and Jenkins Jr. was wide open down there, too. Jenkins almost bit Flattens head off because he didn't pass him the ball. Daum was just telling the other offensive player on that side to just move up more towards the top of the key to take the defender up higher so he would be more wide open. It seemed like we didn't either look into the corner or want to pass the ball down there.
            The middle of the lane and the corners were wide open last night. The coaches should be able to find some way to take advantage of either of those at some point.
            No one will answer this as we are all trying to block the memory of that zone "defense" from our minds....

Comment

If the Eagles do not change up from their defense last night, I would expect a few plays to be made which go for those open shots from the high post. Telly had a few tosses there earlier and did not connect. It seemed to be there much of the evening. Coach Mills was surprised that the Jackrabbits garnered 11 offensive rebounds. Telly mentioned in the player postgame that they usually do not miss so many shots to allow offensive grabs. Physical play by the bigs was the equalizer for those 46 points in the paint. There may have been attention to the foul difference. It may have been called closer to make it even larger. The ORU bigs did more than their share of grabbing and arm barring that must be legal again. It may be a bit early to give the road game to the Eagles. If the defense did not relax as much at the end and/or a couple of careless turnovers, the win could have been 10-15 points.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                Last night they did a great job with Telly in the middle who was huge when he got it would attack the basket.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We are just missing one more athletic big and this team would be complete. Next year!

Comment

More prepared? State scored 78 points........

What I really like last night was the plus three on the glass.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                      More prepared? State scored 78 points........

What I really like last night was the plus three on the glass.

Go Rabbits!
                      I understand that 78 points is a lot but I think SDSU allows roughly 72 PPG (??) on average. There average is a little lower than that but I don't want to factor in the 4 non-DI games. TJ might get players that clap down better on defense but this year if SDSU doesn't score 70+ they will probably lose most of their games.

Comment

ORU averaged 83 points in the first 3 home games of Summit play. Last night is the lowest total for them in conference. I will be interested to see the total in Fargo. Jackrabbits had a decent game until the last few minutes when ORU played really hard and made a run while the home team kind of held on for the win.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                        X