GDT: Oral Bob @ Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Oral Bob @ Jackrabbits

I thought Scott Sutton wasn't to blame for the dumpster fires of the last few years. Maybe I was wrong.

Comment

Ummmm, they had 5 seconds left. Why did they try the full court pass?!

Good win. Good for this team to be in these kinds of games before the playoffs. Learn how to close out teams.

Comment

Great win, Key was a huge spark for us tonight.

Comment

That was a little too close for comfort, but honestly, ORU is light years ahead of where they were last year. I'm a little surprised they have as bad of OOC record as they do, but then again they are quit young with a new coach.

Hat tip to the Golden Eagles.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

No bench points?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              No bench points?
              Just looked. Bench had 0 points. Key had 7 assists but didn't attempt a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                That was a little too close for comfort, but honestly, ORU is light years ahead of where they were last year. I'm a little surprised they have as bad of OOC record as they do, but then again they are quit young with a new coach.

Hat tip to the Golden Eagles.
                This coach did a good job, and they showed they were a force on the road. Now 3-1 with 3 home wins.

Comment

For real though... What the hell kind of coach calls a full court pass with over 5 seconds left? It takes 2-3 seconds to get down the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    I know we're trying not to foul, but we need to play tougher down low. Too soft right now.
                    I'm surprised more teams that have good post players haven't tried to take it at Daum down low.

Comment

A good win that should make the team better.

ORU is going to be a factor in this conference - size like that does not come along very often. We're going to get very tired of seeing White the next two years and Chris Miller is a beast. It will be interesting to see what they do against a post-challenged team like NDSU. I would not look forward to playing them in a high pressure game in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                        I thought Scott Sutton wasn't to blame for the dumpster fires of the last few years. Maybe I was wrong.
                        I had my doubts about the new guy based on his resume, but apparently he put new life into the program, the power of prayer perhaps? Who knows I dont. I think he spent time as an assistant at Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

ORU is going to be a factor in this conference - size like that does not come along very often. We're going to get very tired of seeing White the next two years and Chris Miller is a beast. It will be interesting to see what they do against a post-challenged team like NDSU. I would not look forward to playing them in a high pressure game in Sioux Falls.
                          White was a handful and Miller reminds me of somewhat of Forbes from IPFW a couple of years ago. ORU has a chance to be that frustrating team that WIU was a few years ago under Molinari, only they'll do it with bigs instead of guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Miller is only a sophomore and he seems like a Daum in the sense that he has been here forever. We are going to have problems stopping him in the future.

Comment

The rematch in Tulsa will be interesting. ORU had the advantage of the unknown tonight with a defense that the Jacks hadn't played before and had only seen on tape. I trust that our coaching staff now has a better idea about how to attack the zone. That doesn't mean we win down there, but I think we will be better prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                For real though... What the hell kind of coach calls a full court pass with over 5 seconds left? It takes 2-3 seconds to get down the court.
                                Not a good choice, but lucky for us this was his call. Otherwise he made several good decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X