• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Mavs in Baxter Arena

so for those of us who didnt listen what the hell was the score

Comment

101-88
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        101-88

thank you. people used to post scores in here once in a while in their posts

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          thank you. people used to post scores in here once in a while in their posts
          You ever listen to a game on the radio and they never say the score. That must be where we are here.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            You ever listen to a game on the radio and they never say the score. That must be where we are here.
            Old radio trick to keep you listening. Growing up in MN Ray Christiansen the Gophers announcer would never say the score especially before timeouts. He kept you tuned in for the commercials.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

With this shorter conference schedule, the Jacks have yet to play a home game, while USD and ORU have already played 3 of their 7. Puts the Jacks in a good spot at 2-0.

Comment

Finally got to see a Jacks game....it had been a couple of years.

Key finally got in the game with 3 minutes left. First time down the court he drove thru the lane and passed out to King who turned it over. Second time down he forced up a shot and Omaha grabbed the rebound and came down and scored. He didn't see a third time down the court. A time out was called, Telly was put in for him. During the timeout he stood on the outside of the huddle pulling his jersey top out of the shorts, not engaged. I don't feel real good about his playing time going forward.

Comment

Coach Otz will get Key engaged. Howell had some positive minutes tonight. We know Howell has the talent to bring the game which was illustrated late in the season last year. Accepting your role may be as big a step a player makes in a program.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Coach Otz will get Key engaged. Howell had some positive minutes tonight. We know Howell has the talent to bring the game which was illustrated late in the season last year. Accepting your role may be as big a step a player makes in a program.
                    I thought Howell did decent. Biggest thing was he didn't try to force the issue. Key came in with the mindset of proving himself by making something positive happen instead of making sure nothing negative happened. Hopefully he figures it out, we can use him for depth.

Comment

One of the great qualities of coach is to deal with the personnel problems and we have them. Coach Otz seems to handle this very well. Coach Nagy was very good in this department as well. He was very shy and kept these matters away from the media and public, but he did deal with them.

Comment

I went to the UNO game. IMO, Key is now a dead stick. Like has been said he came in trying to do something and it went south. He went to the bench and hung a towel over his head for the rest of the game. If TJ can revive him and make him something, good. But I have my doubts he will be here next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          I went to the UNO game. IMO, Key is now a dead stick. Like has been said he came in trying to do something and it went south. He went to the bench and hung a towel over his head for the rest of the game. If TJ can revive him and make him something, good. But I have my doubts he will be here next year.
                          Not to bag on Mr. Key but that is exactly what I saw and my initial thought was the same about next season. I hope he can turn it around and be successful here.

Comment

It would be nice to get both Key and Howell some minutes this season. I know that TJ is great at recruiting but we might need them next year. I will assume that we will get Flatten and Daum back but what do we have coming back next season?
                            Daum
                            Flatten
                            Jenkins Jr
                            Key
                            Howell
                            Brown
                            I know we have four players redshirting but if we don't have Daum and Flatten we will be a whole new team other than Jenkins Jr. I would like to have more the one player on the team that has at least some college level playing experience next season.

As for this year, we really don't "need" Key and Howell but it would be nice to be able to get the top seven some rest at some point in the conference season.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              It would be nice to get both Key and Howell some minutes this season. I know that TJ is great at recruiting but we might need them next year. I will assume that we will get Flatten and Daum back but what do we have coming back next season?
                              Daum
                              Flatten
                              Jenkins Jr
                              Key
                              Howell
                              Brown
                              I know we have four players redshirting but if we don't have Daum and Flatten we will be a whole new team other than Jenkins Jr. I would like to have more the one player on the team that has at least some college level playing experience next season.

As for this year, we really don't "need" Key and Howell but it would be nice to be able to get the top seven some rest at some point in the conference season.
                              Tevin King is a junior, so he'll be back as well, which is huge. Just need to find a 5th starter after Daum, Flatten, Jenkins, and King. My guess is it would be Howell right away or possibly Key if he stays. We are going to need at least 1 freshman step into a big role right away next year, possibly 2. I can't wait to see what Alou Dillon can do.

Comment

How certain are we that Flatten will be back next year? I agree that there is a good chance he'll get a year back with medical hardship/redshirt. Since he lost so much time over the course of his first 2 or 3 years here. I'm just wondering if that has ever been discussed publicly by anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X