GDT: NDSU Bison @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: NDSU Bison @ SDSU Jackrabbits

4th year Coach Walseth and Bison WBB must stay behind while the rest of bison nation are roaming the land of Texas. Walseth has not been able to change much of the program in her first 3 years and this year may not end much better other years except she does not have 2 losses to IUPUI. Today would be a great day for those who want to see a 6'5" post on the floor of Frost Arena. The Bison have a freshman from Cando, ND who may start and play 14-15 minutes today. Hors d'Oeuvre will be complements of the local sheep producers. Jackrabbits should have little problems with the Bison. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: NDSU Bison @ SDSU Jackrabbits

the bison have the ability to score----it's other aspects of the game that haunt them severely. unless they make a rather miraculous turnaround, i have my doubts walseth comes back for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      4th year Coach Walseth and Bison WBB must stay behind while the rest of bison nation are roaming the land of Texas. Walseth has not been able to change much of the program in her first 3 years and this year may not end much better other years except she does not have 2 losses to IUPUI. Today would be a great day for those who want to see a 6'5" post on the floor of Frost Arena. The Bison have a freshman from Cando, ND who may start and play 14-15 minutes today. Hors d'Oeuvre will be complements of the local sheep producers. Jackrabbits should have little problems with the Bison. Go Jacks!!
      My local sheepherder may have been a week early on the lamb burgers. It appears on the schedule for next week when the men play Denver.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Is the game on Midco, by chance?
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Is the game on Midco, by chance?
          No. They have USD/NDSU men and UND/MT St on their two channels. Go Jacks.com or bust.

I hope we avoid a lackluster first half today. Put the hammer down early and stay healthy.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble with GoJacks.com? I have a monthly subscription but its telling me that I don't. I tried repurchasing it. That didn't work. The transaction did show up on my banking statement though.

Just kidding. I logged out and logged back in. Now it works.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Anyone else having trouble with GoJacks.com? I have a monthly subscription but its telling me that I don't. I tried repurchasing it. That didn't work. The transaction did show up on my banking statement though.

Just kidding. I logged out and logged back in. Now it works.
              I have to re-purchase every month as well, even though it says I have a recurring subscription

Comment

Jacks taking a bit to start keeping bisonettes in the game. bisonettes shooting 63% Rabbits relying to much on the three. lead by three at half

Comment

37-34 Jacks at the half. We have a lot more shot attempts ,but they are shooting at a very high percentage the entire first half. That should drop some, as long as we keep the advantage of getting more shot attempts it should work out for us in the long run. We are shooting a pretty decent percentage of 43%.We have fewer defensive rebounds, but that's because there just isn't that many to get due to their high shooting percentage.Can't help that a team can't miss,maybe get a little more pressure on the shooter and avoid the down side of that,more fouls and drives to the hoop.But,I think we will see their shootimg cool off a little though, and we don't have to over-react, jus keep getting more shot attempts and everything should work out fine.

Comment

I love the three as much as anyone, but this team needs to have some kind of low post presence for when the outside shots aren't falling. The Bison are shooting a high % because they have an inside game. Hopefully one of the recruits has a low post back to the basket game.

Comment

NDSU really playing physical down low and taking advantage. We need to play tougher down low and establish an inside game. Ellie has sucked this game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I love the three as much as anyone, but this team needs to have some kind of low post presence for when the outside shots aren't falling. The Bison are shooting a high % because they have an inside game. Hopefully one of the recruits has a low post back to the basket game.
                        The points in the paint were tied at 20 to 20 at the half. But, I really do wish we had more post presence, and I would hope it all wouldn't have to come from an undersized for a 5 pos , 6 ft 1" player who's used to playing the 4.We get more height next year and hopefully we can get Bultsma , Sellend ,Larson, maybe Flaata to chip in and help out a little more too....they are all taller than Ellie is.Getting rebounds is just about as Important as scoring,and playing tough defense,we can get more of that too.Ober didn't get a lot of points all the time either,but she was a force to reckon with for sure.Larson does a lot, I sure was wrong about her,I now think Iowa's Bluder 's an idiot for not developing a very good player.

I was kind of hoping we'd land 6' 2" F Ashtyn Veerbeek of Hull,Ia, practically in Sioux Falls back yard, just 53 mi away, thought we might of had a good shot at her. She's a 5 star recruit and she chose Amy Williams at UNL. I envisioned her and Sellend running up and down the court together tearing up the competition, She'll do well at Neb, and we are getting in good recruits too, so was not meant to be but far from a gloomy outlook for all concerned.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-07-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Jacks are playing soul crushers right now, yea we will let you hang close or even lead in the first half.Second half we are going to bury you.

Comment

According to the post game show, Selland is fighting some type of foot injury.

Comment

Watching the replay,did I just see Madison Guebert put some back spin on a layup so it would come off the glass softer and drop through,she's such a smart player. Kind of Becky Hammonish....LOL. She sometimes goes underhand with layups off the glass too, her and Alexis, also softer off the glass.Higher off the glass usually doesn't travel as far out either, because the angle is different (a little better) if you are close. Lots of layups fail just because it comes off the glass too hard and overshoots the rim. But,it was fun to see her back spin the ball a little like that, whatever helps right?
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-06-2018, 05:07 PM. Reason: Watching the replay

Comment

Working...
                              X