Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Schedule Complete

Default Re: 2018 Schedule Complete

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I don't really either, but if we want to take the next step, 8-3 and 7-4 can't be considered a success if it proceeds an early exit in the playoffs.
    That last part is the real key. With how unbalanced our conference road schedule is one year to the next judging off of the W/L can be misleading. We could very well be better than last year and end up with more losses with how the schedule shakes out. With the smaller number of games in a season for football it only takes two games to make a teams record look far worse than the previous year. The playoffs are what Ill be judging off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    That last part is the real key. With how unbalanced our conference road schedule is one year to the next judging off of the W/L can be misleading. We could very well be better than last year and end up with more losses with how the schedule shakes out. With the smaller number of games in a season for football it only takes two games to make a teams record look far worse than the previous year. The playoffs are what I’ll be judging off of.

Agreed. Going 9-2 in the regular season with this year's schedule would be more of an accomplishment than that same record last year. 7-4 or 8-3 are pretty realistic, and would give us a chance to prove ourselves in the playoffs. Seeding, pairing, and regionality may make it hard to prove anything if we get routed through Fargo again. We were 8-3 in 2016 with a seed, so it is possible. If we are going to get a seed at 8-3, I think we have to have a win over either NDSU or Iowa State to do it, in my opinion.

Why not 15-0 and a ring for each ringfinger on the squad? It's possible! To dream the impossible dream......

Fyi, 5dimes says we are 13.5 point dogs at Iowa state (total of 53.5). That's pretty impressive for an FCS school vs. a power 5 school. Here's to hoping it gets bet over 14 so I feel even better about backing the Jacks.

is anybody on here interested in a single ticket for this game I'm needing to buy 11 even though I only have 10 going hit me up on a p. m. and I can get you my particulars

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know was talked about but not sure which thread I think fear was warranted by the ESPN+ platform. Fear is probably too strong s term but more of an inconvenience for cord cutters.

http://valley-football.org/news/2018...spn3-espn.aspx

Well, looks like Im getting ESPN+ this season I guess.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    I know was talked about but not sure which thread I think fear was warranted by the ESPN+ platform. Fear is probably too strong s term but more of an inconvenience for cord cutters.

http://valley-football.org/news/2018...spn3-espn.aspx

$5/month isn't bad, especially when you can cancel at any time. I see that the Iowa State game doesn't show as being on any of the ESPN platforms. That can't be right, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post

$5/month isn't bad, especially when you can cancel at any time. I see that the Iowa State game doesn't show as being on any of the ESPN platforms. That can't be right, can it?
    Club Norby's, here we come 😂
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    Club Norby's, here we come 
    Lol, what is that going to do for us? Are we going to have them pull up the game on the radio?