GDT: Jackrabbits @ Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Bison

Otz and Daum with their post game interviews. Otz sums it up at one point describing how if we want to be "the team we would like to be, we have to get stops". Easier said than done but this team would be so hard to beat if we can improve defensively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5KvaU_9DM

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Otz and Daum with their post game interviews. Otz sums it up at one point describing how if we want to be "the team we would like to be, we have to get stops". Easier said than done but this team would be so hard to beat if we can improve defensively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5KvaU_9DM
      I've been swatting that dead horse for a while!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Good win, impressive even.

Great thing is, NDSU started out just HOT beyond the arc, and SDSU started out cool... (I think the Midco graphic said 2 of the first 10? or maybe 9?)

Withstood that, and went in down 1 at half (and should have been up 2).

Telly made a couple of Big 3's in the 2nd half... he caught that pull up in transition at the top of the key that Daum gets alot... and no hesitation, just buried it.
        AND, he hit that one on the baseline...right in front of the SDSU bench... was awesome... he didn't flinch, or celebrate at all, he let it go, and there was no doubt in his mind it was going in... he was stone cold on that one.

Daum... was unbelievable. His driving skills have really improved. He used to be able to hit the 3, or take guys into the post... now, he can go from top of the key...to the hoop, or dish out to the open 3. He's really improved his game which is scary.

Speaking of improving their game... Tevin King. Had a couple of really nice steals that led to layups, and he does a great job of picking his spots... I absolutely love watching how he plays.

Great win for the team... but it's only the first conference game... long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          Had to be something more to Key and Howell not playing tonight besides just not in the rotation. There was too many opportunities for them to get some minutes. Their body language on the bench, especially Key, didn't look positive either. If something is up, I hope it can get sorted out moving forward so both can be contributors through league play.
          Howell, Key and King missed the first half in the last game against Presentation because of violating team rules. Since King played this whole game, I assume that was taken care of.
          I do not know if Key and Howell did something else or if they just didn't fit in with how this game was going. I really hope it was that they just didn't fit in. If TJ isn't going to pull any redshirts, we will need them so we don't just have 7 players for games.

Comment

Howell and Key together average 12 ppg. They obviously did not contribute and Jenkins (14 ppg) hit only one of his seven shots. Yet, we put up 87 points and had a relatively comfortable win - in Fargo. That's a very good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              Howell, Key and King missed the first half in the last game against Presentation because of violating team rules. Since King played this whole game, I assume that was taken care of.
              I do not know if Key and Howell did something else or if they just didn't fit in with how this game was going. I really hope it was that they just didn't fit in. If TJ isn't going to pull any redshirts, we will need them so we don't just have 7 players for games.
              If Key was available, I still don't understand bringing a gimpy Theisen in when King fouled out with a couple of minutes left rather than him. NDSU was applying full court pressure, and beating that is one of Key's biggest strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                If Key was available, I still don't understand bringing a gimpy Theisen in when King fouled out with a couple of minutes left rather than him. NDSU was applying full court pressure, and beating that is one of Key's biggest strengths.
                I have no information, or anything of that sort.

But this seems to answer itself.

Howell, and Key have played, in big games... if a team is pressing late in the game... and Key hasn't played at all, and a starter fouls out at his position... and he still doesn't come in.

That tells me there was something. Could be minor. Hopefully if it was something, not saying that there was (but it sure looks like it), the young men learn from their mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  Just my two cents, I suspect some discipline problems. They need to learn quickly to fly right or they fly gone. TJ does not have luxury to fool around. Body language often tell us something.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    I have no information, or anything of that sort.

But this seems to answer itself.

Howell, and Key have played, in big games... if a team is pressing late in the game... and Key hasn't played at all, and a starter fouls out at his position... and he still doesn't come in.

That tells me there was something. Could be minor. Hopefully if it was something, not saying that there was (but it sure looks like it), the young men learn from their mistake.
                    Was there any information from the pregame interview that someone may have heard? I do not recall any information on the postgame interview that addressed any discipline situations. In the past, we saw more than once where Nagy would play 6 or 7 players in games rather than go down the bench. We will wait for the Omaha game for the next chapter.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I might be mistaken, but I thought Howell played briefly late in the game. As for Theisen coming into after tweaking his ankle, that was at the point of the game that the Jacks were likely to get fouled. The coach may have been trying to get the best available free throw shooters on the floor.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

I checked box score and Howell did not get any minutes on the log.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Just my two cents, I suspect some discipline problems. They need to learn quickly to fly right or they fly gone. TJ does not have luxury to fool around. Body language often tell us something.
                          I suspect it is simply game strategy and match-ups ... Both Key and Howell lack an outside game and if someone is going to disrespect their outside game and essentially not guard them then you put a greater burden on the other 4 or 3 guys that are out there especially if you are reliant on your outside shooting to score.

Better match-ups will change this strategy virtually game-to-game.

Tomorrow night's game against Omaha - a guard oriented opponent might see these two playing more!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                            I suspect it is simply game strategy and match-ups ... Both Key and Howell lack an outside game and if someone is going to disrespect their outside game and essentially not guard them then you put a greater burden on the other 4 or 3 guys that are out there especially if you are reliant on your outside shooting to score.

Better match-ups will change this strategy virtually game-to-game.

Tomorrow night's game against Omaha - a guard oriented opponent might see these two playing more!
                            Yes you just might be right. All I know is what I read on the message board to quote the signature of KUlawJack. A very appropriate quote by the way.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 01-09-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X