X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Bison

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Jacks win 87-80. Big win in Fargo!
    Yes a big win, first in Fargo since 2012?

Comment

Telly came up big tonight, also King picks and chooses his moments to go for the steal then executes it so well. That 18 footer is TK's sweet spot this season, no doubt about it.

Comment

Concerned about our depth but the results don't lie so I will trust the decision not to play Key and Howell.

Comment

If you can win in Fargo you can win anywhere in this league. It was great to finally see it happen after so many awful games in that building. That's a big one when you think about the chances of winning a regular season title or getting a top-2 seed.

The Jacks just had too much firepower for the Bison. 87 is the most points they've given up (including to #18 Arizona on their home floor). Miller had the game of his life but it was not even enough to make this one close the final 5:00.

I listened to TJ's weekly update interview this morning and he specifically mentioned being able to use a 7-man rotation when needed. He has shown multiple times that he is not afraid to sit a guy that has been playing a lot. Howell and Key will be back.

Comment

Miller is a freaking stud. Hate that dude, but would love to cheer for him. I'm not surprised he carried them.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Miller is a freaking stud. Hate that dude, but would love to cheer for him. I'm not surprised he carried them.
              I echo this sentiment. I hate NDSU in general, but I usually don't hate specific players. I make an exception for him.

Comment

Shutting down Jacobson in the second half was big. He was their main secondary scorer with 9 at the half, but was held scoreless from then on.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I'm guessing we turn that around this year and win by 7. ..... Daum gets 30+ again, as they don't have anyone that can stop him.
                  So what are the winning lottery numbers?

Comment

Had to be something more to Key and Howell not playing tonight besides just not in the rotation. There was too many opportunities for them to get some minutes. Their body language on the bench, especially Key, didn't look positive either. If something is up, I hope it can get sorted out moving forward so both can be contributors through league play.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      Had to be something more to Key and Howell not playing tonight besides just not in the rotation. There was too many opportunities for them to get some minutes. Their body language on the bench, especially Key, didn't look positive either. If something is up, I hope it can get sorted out moving forward so both can be contributors through league play.
                      Key's body language on the bench has been horrible all year. He better figure it out quick because T.J. will replace him faster than he can sneeze.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What color am I thinking of?

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        SDSU is slated as 1 point underdogs (or the game is a pick em, depending on the book). I'm guessing this is driven by the Missouri State game, as it's a common opponent. Also, our record in Fargo is terrible, with our last win there coming in January of 2012 (which took OT), and I'm not sure on the last win before that. Not to mention, most of those losses were by a pretty wide margin. I'm guessing we turn that around this year and win by 7. Our defense will be the difference, as we find a way to force bad shots after watching them run their garbage offense for 32 second of the shot clock. Daum gets 30+ again, as they don't have anyone that can stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                          What color am I thinking of?
                          Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                          So what are the winning lottery numbers?
                          Unfortunately my premonitions only apply to sporting events. Too bad there's not a way to make money off of that.

Comment

This was exactly what I was hoping to see from these guys to start the conference season. They played really good defense in the second half. Offensively, there isn't anyone in the league that is as solid. That's established. When they play solid defense they are virtually unbeatable in conference. A shoutout to Thiessen who played solid defense on Jascobson in the second half. TK was a stud. When Telly energizes the entire team follows suit. Need to see much more of that from the senior. That dunk was vicious!

Fargo has been a tough place to win. We hadn't won up there since 2011 or 2012 and most of the time had the better team. Good to knock them off up there to start the Summit campaign. Sends a message to the entire conference who the team to beat is and has to be a huge confidence boost to the team.

REMEMBER HOW BAD WE WERE A YEAR AGO AT THIS TIME? This season has a 180 degree different feel to it.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

MVP non-Daum Division: King or Telly?
                              I give King the nod, slightly. Telly had a great game against the Bison. He has a lot of talent, but he's inconsistent. Game in and game out, King is the Jacks' most ferocious defender. He always gets the toughest defensive assignment. His offensive game has improved, too.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Great road win start to start the season. Hopefully Theisen's and Daum's ankle / foot injuries won't continue to bother them. Both of them were limping around, at times.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X