GDT: Omaha Mavs @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Omaha Mavs @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Omaha brings 4 junior starters and 1 freshman starter. The primary sub is a 6'1" sophomore followed by 5'9" junior. The Mavs average just under 55 shots per game for 66 points. They average 43% from the field. Brecht launches the 3 pointers. 75% of her shots will be from beyond the arc where she averages about 37%. The Jackrabbits are getting off about 61 shots for 73.6 points. The Mavs best win of their 8-5 record appears to be UNI at Omaha. The last game was a thrashing at home 82-53 by ORU. The Mavs may be a bit less talented than year and a road game in Brookings should be a solid win for the Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!!

TV: MIdcoSN2/ESPN3
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Omaha Mavs @ SDSU Jackrabbits

If Omaha lost to ORU by 29 @ home there is no way that they should come into Frost and beat the Jacks. I know every team has their good and bad games but I don't think this could be one of them. I think SDSU will win 75-53.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      If Omaha lost to ORU by 29 @ home there is no way that they should come into Frost and beat the Jacks. I know every team has their good and bad games but I don't think this could be one of them. I think SDSU will win 75-53.
      I would think that the ladies would come out and put this one away by half. I think this will be a great way for the younger players to get some court time against a conference team. Actually, with the first two games being Omaha and NDSU, the bench may get more minutes than the starters.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

GDT: Omaha Mavs @ SDSU Jackrabbits

This one reminds me of the very costly game late last season where we let Omaha hang around.... It’s always frustrating to see the women’s team play down to the level of the competition in some of these Summit games. It happens every year - often shortly after the grind of a tough OOC schedule wraps up. They’re not good enough to just mail it in but they seem to try two or three times each season.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          This one reminds me of the very costly game late last season where we let Omaha hang around.... It’s always frustrating to see the women’s team play down to the level of the competition in some of these Summit games. It happens every year - often shortly after the grind of a tough OOC schedule wraps up. They’re not good enough to just mail it in but they seem to try two or three times each season.
          I was thinking pretty much the same. The play seems kind of lethargic so far. Just putting enough effort to win, not an ounce more....hope we win ,not really sure about this game.

Comment

Can someone teach the art of grabbing the ball , instead of pushing it forward like in volleyball. The ball comes right to them and still they don't grab it. I won't mention names, cause a lot of players do it.You've got to grasp it from both sides for one thing, and get clear or get the rebounding foul on them.

Comment

Much better play now, getting some separation.68-54 Jacks.

Comment

Took a while, but Jacks pour it on in the second half to walk away with the win.

Comment

40 points allowed in a very uninspiring first half - 24 in a "back to normal" second half. I'm glad the Jacks played like the Jacks after halftime.

Comment

Bultsma has the height to shoot over people and she can block w/o getting the foul also because of her height ,keeping the body contact to a minimum.Good feeling about her developing into a good post player,especially during this conference season.

Comment

Nice to see Rylie's shots fall. She finished with 9 points (her Jacks career high) on 6 shots, including 3-of-4 from beyond the arc.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Bultsma has the height to shoot over people and she can block w/o getting the foul also because of her height ,keeping the body contact to a minimum.Good feeling about her developing into a good post player,especially during this conference season.
                        i hope you are right. one thing i will say, she does have a pretty nice touch on her shot.

Comment

Jackrabbits always seem to start the season a little slow. Most likely (my theory), because AJ rotates and plays so many players.

Always new faces to get acquainted with things. Shoot, just this year... people who play, who didn't play last year... Rylie, Tagyn, Chynna, Tylee, and Myah. Not to mention Bultsma (who didn't play alot), and Macy (who missed most of last season).

It takes time to get 10-11 players on the same page. A credit to our coaching staff for doing so, and they always seem to finish the season strong.

Having one good half against a team they should defeat is common... if they'd jumped on them by 20 in the first half, and then just coasted... it's the same thing.

Good win, ladies. Beat the Bison on Saturday.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAzP...5-3182938883e5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8yZQonCms
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                            X