Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Conference Season 2018

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The MBB lost in Vermillion last year. Mooney was on fire from outside and the Jackrabbits could not recover quite enough to win. The new arena is sooooo much better for everyone and it gets noisy fast as well.
    You are correct. In my mind we had won, but I was at McKennan Hospital watching on Midco. The Chaplain came in was an SDSU grad an watched the game with me. It was close 91-89, but not a win. Maybe this year.

Comment

im the pessimist in that I worry if we beat USD both time during the regular season that we lose in the tourney to them. I feel if we can split that is fine with USD, I think they are plenty good to win the conference and win. NDSU seems to mess with us also but if we can split with those, and all it takes is one good night from a team to get hot to beat any other team so we probably lose 3-4 in conference. I just hope for the team to get stay healthy at this point in the year and get better as the year goes on, like they did last year.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Getting a win in Fargo has been elusive for the Jacks over the last decade. A win tomorrow night would be a strong statement to the rest of the conference that the Jacks are going to be tough to beat anywhere.

We've beat it to death in other threads but the only team that can beat the Jacks is themselves. If they get nasty and put the work in at both ends then they won't lose hardly any. Anything else and they are beatable.
        Can we simply score other teams out of the gym in the Summit League? There will be a number of games where that might be the case. Can we win defensively in a game where the shots aren't falling?

Any conference season with three or less wins would be impressive. I'm just thrilled we are talking with such high expectations because we were a dumpster fire heading into conference play last year!!!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          im the pessimist in that I worry if we beat USD both time during the regular season that we lose in the tourney to them. I feel if we can split that is fine with USD, I think they are plenty good to win the conference and win. NDSU seems to mess with us also but if we can split with those, and all it takes is one good night from a team to get hot to beat any other team so we probably lose 3-4 in conference. I just hope for the team to get stay healthy at this point in the year and get better as the year goes on, like they did last year.
          Enough of that pessimism. Jackrabbits are top 2 seed and go on to win the SLT.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Enough of that pessimism. Jackrabbits are top 2 seed and go on to win the SLT.
            I think they are but would be impressed if we could be USD 3 times in a season. this might be one of the best teams USD has had in years also. I tend to think the basketball gods shine favorably on us after the darkness they put us through with the transition. But the will of the basketball gods can be taken away just as quickly as its given.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I think they are but would be impressed if we could be USD 3 times in a season. this might be one of the best teams USD has had in years also. I tend to think the basketball gods shine favorably on us after the darkness they put us through with the transition. But the will of the basketball gods can be taken away just as quickly as its given.
              This IS the best team USD has had in years.

Comment

The Jacks game in Fargo is their “super bowl” for basketball ever since Wolters junior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  This IS the best team USD has had in years.
                  The same may be said for the Jackrabbit squad!
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Let's not forget Fort Wayne. They could be tough. Five or six of the eight teams in the conference could be in the running for a top seed in the tourney.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Let's not forget Fort Wayne. They could be tough. Five or six of the eight teams in the conference could be in the running for a top seed in the tourney.
                      When you look at the road records (not including neutral court games) of the 8 Summit teams up to now, only USD is over .500 at 4-3. Jacks are 2-3, Fort Wayne and NDSU are 2-5, WIU 1-3, ORU 2-7 and Denver and Omaha have yet to win a road game. What does that mean ? To me it suggests that a 11-3 record likely wins the regular season outright. Or maybe two teams tie for the title at 10-4. If the Jacks can win out at home and go 4-3 on the road, they will be a top 2 seed.

Comment

After yesterdays games, Sagarin's computer, with a 4.35 home court advantage, projects this result.

Jacks 12-2
                        USD 12-2
                        NDS 12-2
                        Ft W 6-8
                        ORU 6-8
                        W IL 4-10
                        UNO 2-12
                        Den 2-12

Big night tonight in Fargo! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Realtimerpi.com has the following projections
                          SDSU 12-2
                          USD 12-2
                          NDSU 10-4
                          IPFW 6-8
                          ORU 5-9
                          W Ill 5-9
                          Omaha 4- 10
                          Denver 2 -12

NDSU is predicted to win tonight.

Comment

I know that there's probably some irony in this statement. But did anybody see how those fantastic facilities and fantastic team at the University down south were treated by their fans in the game last night? I don't know what the claim their actual attendance to be but by the looks of it if there was a thousand people there I'd be surprised. It said seems as how they have arguably their best team they've had to date and a sharpshooter the likes of Matt Mooney.

Auto Wednesday in the middle of December I'll still go with the fact that we didn't have enough people in our Stadium for the football playoff as worse than that but they're on par.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              I know that there's probably some irony in this statement. But did anybody see how those fantastic facilities and fantastic team at the University down south were treated by their fans in the game last night? I don't know what the claim their actual attendance to be but by the looks of it if there was a thousand people there I'd be surprised. It said seems as how they have arguably their best team they've had to date and a sharpshooter the likes of Matt Mooney.

Auto Wednesday in the middle of December I'll still go with the fact that we didn't have enough people in our Stadium for the football playoff as worse than that but they're on par.

Our own basketball attendence for the quality teams we have is nothing to rave about. Students return this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

1766 was the "attendance" at the game last night. Thats lower than a couple of the games earlier in the season when the attendance was reported over 2000 and it looked more like 500.

Comment

Working...
                                X