GDT: When the Saints come marching to Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: When the Saints come marching to Frost

The big reward for attending the game today included an Alumni Pep Band and the halftime show included Alumni Drum Line.

https://twitter.com/SDStateAlumni
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Goodbye to the NAIA/D2 games. Other than the easy win, the best thing about today’s game was that we avoided an on-campus Summit game while the students are on break. Some of the schools (including USD) are playing 2 of their 7 home games with no students.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        Goodbye to the NAIA/D2 games. Other than the easy win, the best thing about today’s game was that we avoided an on-campus Summit game while the students are on break. Some of the schools (including USD) are playing 2 of their 7 home games with no students.
        Jacks are fortunate to be playing in Fargo before the students return and many of their fans likely on the way to Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Jacks are fortunate to be playing in Fargo before the students return and many of their fans likely on the way to Frisco.
          Pizz on the Bison. If we are good enough we will run them off of a cliff whether or not the students are there.

Comment

Am I the only one wondering what Howell's role in this team is? He came in and ruled the game today(I realize it was P), but has he been hindered that much by injury, is he a renegade? Today reminded me of last year for him

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Final 111- 68. Good tuneup win for the Jacks, short bench or not. On to NDSU. Kick the Bison's rear and take names.
              I don’t have record book handy but 111 is a near record, that is most points scored in a game, or one of those kind.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 12-31-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I don’t have record book handy but 111 is a near record, that is most points scored in a game, or one of those kind.
                136 against Midland Lutheran 12/14/1990 according to media guide.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                  Am I the only one wondering what Howell's role in this team is? He came in and ruled the game today(I realize it was P), but has he been hindered that much by injury, is he a renegade? Today reminded me of last year for him
                  Since Jenkins,Jr. seems to be solidly set as a starter, I see Howell's role as backing up both Flatten and Jenkins,Jr. He should easily get 20-25 minutes in that role. I think his lack of a perimeter game will keep him coming off the bench - Flatten's and Jenkins.Jr. shooting ability helps to make the opposition play them straight up and spread the floor, making it tougher to double team Daum. Howell's ability to post up will be a good change of pace coming off the bench.

Comment

There is a deal available for those who would like to attend the Summit League games at Frost. There have been a few twitter and/or emails offering all the men and women conference games for $75. That is about $5.36/game. Yesterday there were a number of ads on the center court screen referring to this offer. If you intended to attend 2(MBB &WBB) games vs USD and MBB against NDSU and another game of interest for you, the price is $20/game for general admission for adults and $12 for children for the Dakotas and $12 & $6/game for the others . It is a good deal if you are not a season ticket holder and you intend to watch a few games at Frost this year.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I believe Tyler said on the radio broadcast that 111 points were the most the Jacks had scored in a game in the D-1 era.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        I believe Tyler said on the radio broadcast that 111 points were the most the Jacks had scored in a game in the D-1 era.
                        gojacks.com has this also.
                        The largest lead of the day (53) came when Howell buried a jumper at 3:12, and although Presentation scored the final 10 points of the game, SDSU finished with its highest scoring total since Dec. 15, 2001 when it took down Minnesota-Morris, 127-60.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          136 against Midland Lutheran 12/14/1990 according to media guide.
                          I don’t recall that game, but should. Long ways from all time record of 136. Thanks for checking.

Comment

Working...
                          X