GDT: When the Saints come marching to Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: When the Saints come marching to Frost

Presentation Saints are on the MBB menu today. Another shout out to the IUPUI Jags as they bolt to the middle of the Horizon. I would say this is a great day to get the bench some playing time, but the Jackrabbits are likely to give a thumping today as Theisen may get a cameo today. Hopefully Howell gets back to healthier as well. A cold day like this one may shrink the crowd with the Saints. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: When the Saints come marching to Frost

Because of IUPUI this game probably couldn't be avoided, but in general I'd rather lose five percent of games to local D2 teams like USF, Augie or Northern (plus they might bring fans) than be fooling around with the NAIA, Don't think Concordia WAS a last second add.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      Because of IUPUI this game probably couldn't be avoided, but in general I'd rather lose five percent of games to local D2 teams like USF, Augie or Northern (plus they might bring fans) than be fooling around with the NAIA, Don't think Concordia WAS a last second add.
      I'm going to guess TJ and the rest of the staff would disagree.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        I'm going to guess TJ and the rest of the staff would disagree.
        Agree. A loss to a D2 team no matter how good would be bad come March.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Agree. A loss to a D2 team no matter how good would be bad come March.
          I think they've played more D2 than NAIA teams since transitioning.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Presentation Saints are on the MBB menu today. Another shout out to the IUPUI Jags as they bolt to the middle of the Horizon. I would say this is a great day to get the bench some playing time, but the Jackrabbits are likely to give a thumping today as Theisen may get a cameo today. Hopefully Howell gets back to healthier as well. A cold day like this one may shrink the crowd with the Saints. Go Jacks!!
            What bench?
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              I think they've played more D2 than NAIA teams since transitioning.
              You're point?

I don't care if we play a D2 or NAIA team, but we can't afford to a lose to a team like that whether that's Augie or Presentation...not even 5% of those games.

I'm not sure why we don't play Augie, USF, etc. I'm guessing it isn't because we are afraid of them.

Comment

I guess the Jacks will just have to get popular enough - or wealthy enough - to afford to bring in better teams for home games. Adding a couple more teams to the Summit League would help beef up the schedule. So would adding and expanding scheduling agreements with other mid-major conferences, such as the one that SDSU and three other Summit teams have with the Big Sky.
                This space for lease.

Comment

I'm hoping for a big win today, no player injuries, and that no Jacks' fans get frozen going to the game at Frost. Maybe there's some timely cheering potential in the nasty weather. "Go, Jacks! Give 'em the old Frost bite!" I'll be quiet now.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks only have 6 players available for the first half. King, Key and Howell were late for a film session and are not playing until the second half. Jenkins,Jr. will play the point. Theisen is available.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Jacks only have 6 players available for the first half. King, Key and Howell were late for a film session and are not playing until the second half. Jenkins,Jr. will play the point. Theisen is available.
                      That hurts. Go, Jacks. Frost bite 'em.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I really like how TJ doesn't bend his rules for anyone. Sure it hurts today, but it makes the team stronger in the long run
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Daum may set a school record for most shots in the paint. Presentation has no size.

Comment

TJ still making his point to start the second half - all 3 of the suspended players on the bench. Jenkins,Jr. has been impressive running the point.

Comment

Final 111- 68. Good tuneup win for the Jacks, short bench or not. On to NDSU. Kick the Bison's rear and take names.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X