GDT: Jackrabbits vs Eagles near the beach in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Eagles near the beach in Florida

Eagles are flying high. The Eagles bring in RPI 31 to the Jackrabbits RPI 35. They lead the nation in 3 point shot attempts and 3 point shots made. They shoot 55% of their shots from the arc and average 35.8%. There are 2 sophomores who play/start and the other 6 who get double digit minutes are Juniors or Seniors. The Eagles average 76 points/game. The perimeter ought to be a busy place tonight. The Eagles have 5'11" as the tallest regular player and 6' freshman on the bench. Coach Smesko has been at FGCU for 16 years and sports a 416-85 record. The ASUN may be light on competition, but they do well OOC with wins over Illinois, DePaul, and Akron this year. Ohio State was the worst loss 104-62 at Las Vegas. This is at least Mid Major game of week as the Jackrabbits will need to put pressure on the perimeter defensive effort tonight. If the Jackrabbits "need" to slow down the game and pound the Eagles with the size advantage, that could be the difference in this one. Go Jacks!!

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/32267...t-w-basketball
    Last edited by OldHare; 12-29-2017, 05:58 PM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Eagles near the beach in Florida

The game doesn't start until 6:30, apparently. I'm tired of listening to football bowl hype. I look forward to watching this game on ESPN3. Tough game, but hopefully it will be a good one.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Macy has to be efficient with the ball. A 3-13 or something like that will result in a loss. I am hoping the refs let them play and Myah can make some hay in the paint. But the key will be Macy, IMO

Comment

This should be a good barometer for where the team is at heading into the conference. Looking forward to it!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

No doubt this will be a tough one. Get ready for an aerial assault from the arc. If they get hot they’ll be about impossible to beat.

Comment

I will say this now. I am tired of Ellie's poor play. Sit her arse and play Tagyn.

Comment

We are now finding out we are a overrated team. Dammit.

Comment

Just about every stat favors them...they really want this one

Comment

Might want to switch things up and try some zone, as the man sure as h*ll isn't working.

Comment

Uggh

Comment

Well, this is going to be tough. The Jacks are down by 12 points, 30-18, after one quarter.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

We are playing so passively. We feel contact and stop. They feel it and attack and draw the foul.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          We are now finding out we are a overrated team. Dammit.
                          Thompson is “terrible” and the Jacks are “overrated”. It sounds like Bisonville in here!

The Jacks need to be about perfect to get this road win. FGCU is legit and living up to their 3pt shooting hype. They’re going to get those - it’s the offensive rebounds and layups that are the difference so far. Then there are all those SDSU fouls. Trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            18 f'ing points in the first half. Bullchit. I am betting every Jack fan there is about as embarrassed as I was at JMU.
                            What if I told you they scored 18 in the first quarter?

Comment

FGC is quick and shoots well. That's a deadly combo.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X