GDT: Jackrabbits vs Eagles near the beach in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Eagles near the beach in Florida

They didn't want to foul us ,8-8 100%,only trouble is ,we only got 8 opportunities

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
      much of that goes down to athleticism.
      I would call it more intensity and desire first. Hustle is their bite.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Thompson and Larson needed to use their height to offset the athletic advantage, and they both came up small.
        31 minutes......4 turnovers......6 fouls......1 assist.....3 rebounds......3 points ouch
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Agree ,it was a good game...started to slow and they were fired up and really shot well early (we did too,but not at quite the level as them )we rebounded very poorly the first qtr, they led in practically all the stats early, basically that was too much to overcome, heck of an effort to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            China Dow is a beast. She went out and took that game over when we had a 4 point lead. Impressive.

The first quarter hole did too much damage. You aren’t going to win in this gym without being nearly perfect. The announcer mentioned that “only UCONN is as good at home”. Hopefully we get a return game at Frost. It’s great to play these high-powered mid-major teams.

On to the Summit.
            She found a weak spot in the zone and drained two deep corner threes that changed the momentum of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              31 minutes......4 turnovers......6 fouls......1 assist.....3 rebounds......3 points ouch
              Did Stevens play at all in the second half ? I thought she did some good things in her first half minutes.

Comment

Meanwhile the Bison are beating Dakota State. Up 50 inside 2 minutes left and still had 3 starters on the court. Guess Walseth wanted to give her players the feel of playing with a lead before league play starts....

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Did Stevens play at all in the second half ? I thought she did some good things in her first half minutes.
                  5 minutes 1st quarter and 3 minutes 2nd quarter
                  4 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 2 turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    5 minutes 1st quarter and 3 minutes 2nd quarter
                    4 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 2 turnovers
                    Wonder if they are still limiting her minutes after being out so long ?

Comment

I forgot this was televised (ESPN),watching the replay,the fouls were mostly because we were too slow reacting ,players foul more when they do that because your out of position and have to reach or put a body too much on a player, that's something that comes from experience and court awareness,just a little more alertness watching the play develop and re-acting in time to get a good jump on the play or position yourself better. Still early in the season and there's time to work on some things.Dow reminds me of MTSU players from the past,wow just herd commentator say she is that Dow...thought she was done playing basketball.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-29-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I thought our China did well deffensively against thier China in the first half, but she was pulled before she could get in the flow offensively

Comment

I like when China is in she is like the enforcer on the team and can push some people around when we need rebounds

Comment

Chynna Stevens not China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

After watching the game, FGCU played well, deserved the win. We played well mostly, but a few costly errors and we ended up giving them way too many layups was just enough of a break for them. I think we gave up more layups to FGCU than we did to both Louisville and Oklahoma, both pretty athletic teams. Our defense is pretty darn good, but there are times it breaks down if a team is patient enough to exploit our teams lapses in focus to show up. We had our chances, but too many layups and close in shots that are poorly taken and rushed that don't even hit the rim from us. Against a top quality team, some of that happens, but usually not as much as we showed today. All in all, we played a pretty good game, but pretty good was not enough against a top quality team. I'm encouraged that we aren't that far off and we should be more than pretty good by the end of the season.

Comment

my bad forgot she wasnt the country like Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X