Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Eagles near the beach in Florida

Aaron Johnston‏ @Coach_AJ 13h13 hours ago

Appreciate our Florida Jackrabbit fans supporting us at the game tonight! We did some really good things tonight. Time to keep learning, improving, and moving forward to league play.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
      my bad forgot she wasnt the country like Dow
      I have a hard time keeping up with all the goofy spellings people choose now days, they all want to spell the same name differently it seems.

Comment

A lot of our turnovers are on our starting a fast break too fast and not seeing the defenders looking to disrupt it early or make the steal and we even don't have full control of the ball at times, or its tipped a little and we don't recover it well enough to get full control because we still want to continue the fast break, which by then is pretty well not there anymore. Ball control first and foremost,and the first pass is crucial to keeping it from becoming just another turnover.Same thing occurs with the initial rebound a lot of times, making a poor decision by rushing the pass and not noticing someone has positioned themselves for making the steal.I know you have little time to make the decision for the fast break to work, but what can a half second to look a little cost you,you probably weren't going to be successful anyway if you can't take a half sec scan of the floor first,instead of blindly passing to the first flash of a yellow jersey you see.

I know a lot of the game is split second instinct and a lot of the greatest plays are purely instinctual, but sometimes opposing players see a pattern by watching plays on video, the good ones pick out the players who don't look and just heave the ball, and pick them all the time. If it's the same pattern over and over, they can pick their spot on the floor and time their jump to most likely succeed in making the steal.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-30-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

This game was won by FGCU, quite simply, by free throws, to their credit, they got to the free throw line, we didn't. Looking at the box score, we outscored them in field goals and three point field goals 72 to their 71 (on 4 less attempts) .You add our 6 free throws (6-6 100%) to our FG scoring (72) and we end up at 78 ,you add their 16 made ft's (16-20 80%) to their FG scoring (71) and they end up with 87...the 9 pts we lost by. Lesson learned, well we have to keep the free throw differential at least equal ,or make our FG advantage larger to make up the difference. The easier option is to get to the line more. The other option isn't that feasible considering we were already shooting a pretty high percentage, 54.7% FG and 56% from the three point line. Third option, I almost forgot , get more attempts at FG's, by getting more rebounds, committing fewer TO's , or getting more steals, not always the easiest option either, except for getting less TO's or more rebounds. Steals are harder to come by for us. I'm through analyzing this game ,pumped up the conference season is here, can't wait until Jan 3rd.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-01-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X