GDT Jacks in Kansas City Roos-land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Jacks in Kansas City Roos-land

Neither team has any idea what's going to be a foul and what isn't.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Any more buzz about Roos rejoining the Summit?

Comment

Very good first half for the Jacks. 16-point lead. The KC TV guys say that an NBA scout from Sacramento is among the onlookers tonight. He is checking out Daum, who has has 12 points and 6 boards in 12 minutes.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Idiotic calls

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            Idiotic calls
            Both teams are lost. They have no idea what the officials are doing.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Anyone know why Mike isn't playing much?

Comment

3 fouls.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                  Anyone know why Mike isn't playing much?
                  My impression is that it's because of the score. He's been putting in crazy minutes this season.

Neither team is doing much scoring this half. Better defense and sloppier play.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    My impression is that it's because of the score. He's been putting in crazy minutes this season.

Neither team is doing much scoring this half. Better defense and sloppier play.
                    That was my assumption, as well. Just checking if it was anything else

Comment

Are these WAC refs? Worse than anything I've seen in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                        Are these WAC refs? Worse than anything I've seen in the MIAA.
                        Don't know if they're WAC. But they're wack.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Roos got "whacked".

It's pretty good when you can leave your all-time best player on the bench and still coast to a 25 point win in the road.

Comment

Very impressed with this win. I won’t for one second imply that UMKC is anything but a bottom feeder team but past Jackrabbit teams have struggled on the road regardless of the opponent. You factor in a rare SDSU talent only playing 17 minutes with 4 iffy at best fouls and this is recipe for a let down or near let down in prior years. Instead a 25 point win with the 6-8 guys off the bench not missing a beat.

Key is adjusting nicely, Howell playing smarter, Severen a gritty do everything player. This is a deep improving bench which we have really never had in the past.

For me this game was further evidence this may be the best SDSU basketball team ever.

Comment

Theisen needs to heal up and get back on the court to help relieve Daum. KC was a smallish team, so the Jacks got by playing small and mid-sized guys and having a short bench. That won't work against some of the the conference teams and it certainly won't work in the post-season, if the Jacks get there. Good show in KC, though. Way to go, Jacks!
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Little hard to say against what would be a bottom half MIAA team (and I see a fair amount of MIAA basketball), but this looks like the best SDSU team I've ever seen. Never seen speed like that, I remember how slow big men were when I was in school. Tevon King has turned into a beast. Biggest improvement on the team IMHO, at least what I saw last night.

Both #0's Xavier Bishop and Brandon Key were the same size. The difference between the 5'8 Bishop and the 5'10 Key was two inches of hair. Bishop looked to be the best player on the Roos, another proof that Kansas City is essentially a D2 team. Neither of them was in the class of 5'10 Justin Pitts from Northwest Missouri, but depending on tiny guards is pretty D2ish. I'm sure Key is improving and size or not, I think he will continue to play a role on this team, he just won't be the team's main weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X