GDT Jacks in Kansas City Roos-land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT Jacks in Kansas City Roos-land

Coming over from St. Charles County and this will be my first game of the season. We should certainly win this one, and I'm sure the Municipal Auditorium (which I'm looking forward to seeing) will be largely empty.

Re: GDT Jacks in Kansas City Roos-land

My Dish program guide shows the game on channel 440.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      Coming over from St. Charles County and this will be my first game of the season. We should certainly win this one, and I'm sure the Municipal Auditorium (which I'm looking forward to seeing) will be largely empty.

The Art-Deco Architecture is worth taking in

Comment

A one-game road trip to an empty gym sandwiched between finals and Christmas. I hope there's enough focus to take care of business but I've watched enough college basketball to know these are games to look out for.

Comment

Do not look for many big men on the floor tonight. This is another guard heavy group.. Leek,6'9", and Giles,6'7", with another 6'5" player will be the big men. The 7'2" guy sees very little time. The Roos get outrebounded by 8.6/game. 5'8" Bishop is their leading scorer and assist guy. The Roos average just under 40% FG shooting. 2 years ago at KC was a win for the Roos. 7 of the past 8 games have been victories for the Jackrabbits. I agree with Grizzled Jack that Jackrabbits should handle the Roos. Go Jacks!!

http://wacsports.com/watch/?Archive=555
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Do not look for many big men on the floor tonight. This is another guard heavy group.. Leek,6'9", and Giles,6'7", with another 6'5" player will be the big men. The 7'2" guy sees very little time. The Roos get outrebounded by 8.6/game. 5'8" Bishop is their leading scorer and assist guy. The Roos average just under 40% FG shooting. 2 years ago at KC was a win for the Roos. 7 of the past 8 games have been victories for the Jackrabbits. I agree with Grizzled Jack that Jackrabbits should handle the Roos. Go Jacks!!

Thanks for the link, OldHare. I presume we'll be able watch there, if not on ESPN3.

It would be nice if Theisen could see some action tonight. Howell has been limited lately, too.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Thanks for the link, OldHare. I presume we'll be able watch there, if not on ESPN3.

It would be nice if Theisen could see some action tonight. Howell has been limited lately, too.
              I wanna say TJ said we wouldn't see Theisen until after Christmas. I might be wrong on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I think it will be interesting to see how much and well Key plays in this game. If UMKC's leading scorer and assist guy is only 5'8", it could be a good matchup. Key has only played more than 15 minutes in two of the last seven games. Will he be able to become a more reliable player this season or not?
                I think this is about the time of the year that Orris took over and started playing 30 minutes/game. I don't think Key needs to play quite that much but it would be nice if he could help out more. Orris was a 5th year senior but Key is a junior so he isn't really far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I think it will be interesting to see how much and well Key plays in this game. If UMKC's leading scorer and assist guy is only 5'8", it could be a good matchup. Key has only played more than 15 minutes in two of the last seven games. Will he be able to become a more reliable player this season or not?
                  I think this is about the time of the year that Orris took over and started playing 30 minutes/game. I don't think Key needs to play quite that much but it would be nice if he could help out more. Orris was a 5th year senior but Key is a junior so he isn't really far behind.
                  What I notice is Orris would drive in and not really look to finish and would dribble out and hopfully not turn it over. Key sometimes will try to finish, othertimes makes bad jump passes trying to do to much. but sometimes needs to know when to say keep the dribble alive and re group. I think he is getting less time more because King is really doing a great job protecting the ball, top notch defense and seems really good at attacking the lane and finishing when he gets the chance. I thing King took it more the Key losing the spot.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Great start by WAC network. Blank screen. What's the deal with not being able to watch games this year?
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Works for me. I think it just started a few minutes late.
                      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Looking good 12 minutes in. No sign of a pre-Christmas letdown.

Lots of echoes in that arena!

I thought TJ said Theisen would be held out until at least next weekend's game against mighty Presentation College. Rushing him would be a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I thought TJ said Theisen would be held out until at least next weekend's game against mighty Presentation College. Rushing him would be a huge mistake.
                          Jacks look good. Officiating is horrendous.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The 3pt record that was set a couple weeks ago better watch its back. Eight have already gone in. Everything is going well so far in this final "real" OOC game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we can get by without him next weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X