Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    if TC was injured like some have suggested he did a disservice to the team and fans by staying in the game. Stig did a disservice by leaving him in. 10 turnovers???? countless over throws, under throws, behind, and to far in front. whats it take??? whats it take for a coach to talk to his player and say you just dont have it today, lets let Dalton see what he can do. Pride??? seemed every one else showed up to play except for the most important player on the team.
    Most DI teams have a short tolerance level for starters who do not perform, whatever the reason. If our reserve QB's can't be counted on to perform when asked, why are there so many of them? Probably wouldn't have helped, but you have to try. With no TO's, would still have been difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      Earlier in the season I said that SDSU would be in good shape is TC has less that 15 TO's for the season. Little did I know he would have more that half of that many in one game.
      I thought if SDSU didn't turn it over they would win but if they had more then 2 TO's it would be tough. The defense played good for most of the game but our high powered offense just didn't do anything. TC is a good QB but he is really inconsistent. If he would play like he did against NDSU we could have been undefeated but he has been hit and miss.
      I agree with this but i for one am damn excited we have TC coming back for another year and a good group of young receivers coming back along with a defense that should be really solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I agree with this but i for one am damn excited we have TC coming back for another year and a good group of young receivers coming back along with a defense that should be really solid.
        That's the spirit. Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
          Agreed.
          TC lost a big game to an extremely tough opponent. But he's won a lot of games for this team and there shouldn't be any question but that he's this teams QB next fall. TC does have a propensity to go for the less then certain home run ball when better options are available. Luckily, he's had two sets of hands that will be playing Sundays bailing him out on those plays for three years.
          +1. And going for the home run ball on JMU=bad idea. Took way too long in the pocket and they didn't give Taryn many escape options.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            if TC was injured like some have suggested he did a disservice to the team and fans by staying in the game. Stig did a disservice by leaving him in. 10 turnovers???? countless over throws, under throws, behind, and to far in front. whats it take??? whats it take for a coach to talk to his player and say you just dont have it today, lets let Dalton see what he can do. Pride??? seemed every one else showed up to play except for the most important player on the team.
            just read this....every word is true, I thought the same after hearing some suggested he was playing injured. One other thing ,some suggest that the SD culture of not striving to be the best and accepting mediocrity is much too prevalent and that mindset prevents us from accomplishing things, and yet, after a game like we just had, what do you see, pretty much this exact same mindset coming out. How many programs have a 10 Turnover game in their history , I would guess that list would be quite small.
            One more, is Stig too much concerned about being a good "father figure" and ignoring his duty to be a coach, sometimes I wonder.

Comment

Thanks to the debacle in Atlanta I just got home from the game at JMU. For those of you not at the game you had to be there to really see one of the most gawd awful performances ever put on by a quarterback at any level. Now, as the game wore on, JMU fed off of TC's play. But, in no way, no how, was he ready for the game he went into. And for a guy with his experience, that's inexcusable. I had some JMU friends my wife and I went to the game with and they were truly nervous. However, by the end of the 3rd quarter it was truly embarrassing, and it didn't really get any better. I'm only a fan, but as has been said before, I don't know how TC can come into a tough, high pressure game and compete again? How can the coaches even trust him? You truly had to be there to see it live just how bad he was. I'm not a TC lover, but, I truly thought he would be able to perform better than that. IDK what the hell the coaches do now?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                Thanks to the debacle in Atlanta I just got home from the game at JMU. For those of you not at the game you had to be there to really see one of the most gawd awful performances ever put on by a quarterback at any level. Now, as the game wore on, JMU fed off of TC's play. But, in no way, no how, was he ready for the game he went into. And for a guy with his experience, that's inexcusable. I had some JMU friends my wife and I went to the gamep with and they were truly nervous. However, by the end of the 3rd quarter it was truly embarrassing, and it didn't really get any better. I'm only a fan, but as has been said before, I don't know how TC can come into a tough, high pressure game and compete again? How can the coaches even trust him? You truly had to be there to see it live just how bad he was. I'm not a TC lover, but, I truly thought he would be able to perform better than that. IDK what the hell the coaches do now?
                I for one forgive TC. It was a nightmare no doubt, but TC is barely 21 year old kid. We all had days where our mistakes are greater then 10 turnovers. I love turnover pastry, but not the football kind

Comment

Does anyone else agree that TC's performance for the day is pretty visible after his first few throws? After a couple of misses on the opening possession, I feared the worst. Never could I have imagined the atrocity that would ensue.

I'm not sure why, but it seems with tc, more than most qb's, he either has it that day or he does not. I'd have to think some of it is mental. Seems he gets down on himself if he misses some throws and can't get out of the rut he's in. Hopefully an entire off-season of thinking about how the season ended will help motivate and not hurt his mental psyche too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
                    Does anyone else agree that TC's performance for the day is pretty visible after his first few throws? After a couple of misses on the opening possession, I feared the worst. Never could I have imagined the atrocity that would ensue.

I'm not sure why, but it seems with tc, more than most qb's, he either has it that day or he does not. I'd have to think some of it is mental. Seems he gets down on himself if he misses some throws and can't get out of the rut he's in. Hopefully an entire off-season of thinking about how the season ended will help motivate and not hurt his mental psyche too bad.
                    Thought he looked confused the first series, like he thought certain people would be open in certain areas and they weren't, which was leading for him to hold the ball longer. The problem was rather than adjust, run, checkdown, etc. He started throwing it up or taking sacks and not protecting the ball.

Comment

And not a single one of the posters on this thread, mentioned the play of the offensive line. How many games have we played this year, where the quarterback was sacked five times? He got wacked early, and while I also believe he had his worst game, I also noted that he was having a huge problem getting time to do more than one read and toss it. I certainly believe it was his worst game (reminiscent of the UNI game), but throwing him completely under the bus seems a bit OMG to me. I was there and just as upset as any of you, but I also realize we had a defense that let TD's occur on huge runs. I also realize that the defense was required to spend huge chunks of time on the field, when the offense turned the ball over frequently. TC has to share the blame, and I'm sure he knows it. But I also recall 8 straight wins (every one of them a "must" game) where TC, and the defense, and the run and pass offense delivered to get us to the semi-final game. I feel for the team, and the coaches, more than the fans. We will go about our lives until next year, but this loss will eat at the fabric of our seniors, and others for a long, long time. Me? I'm ready for basketball and look forward to next fall's football season with continued excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        And not a single one of the posters on this thread, mentioned the play of the offensive line. How many games have we played this year, where the quarterback was sacked five times? He got wacked early, and while I also believe he had his worst game, I also noted that he was having a huge problem getting time to do more than one read and toss it. I certainly believe it was his worst game (reminiscent of the UNI game), but throwing him completely under the bus seems a bit OMG to me. I was there and just as upset as any of you, but I also realize we had a defense that let TD's occur on huge runs. I also realize that the defense was required to spend huge chunks of time on the field, when the offense turned the ball over frequently. TC has to share the blame, and I'm sure he knows it. But I also recall 8 straight wins (every one of them a "must" game) where TC, and the defense, and the run and pass offense delivered to get us to the semi-final game. I feel for the team, and the coaches, more than the fans. We will go about our lives until next year, but this loss will eat at the fabric of our seniors, and others for a long, long time. Me? I'm ready for basketball and look forward to next fall's football season with continued excitement.
                        I've been wondering what effects having Tiano hurt had? I'm not willing to put this on the one individual. However that's all stats will ever show. I'd still like to know what was the grasping issue. That was (at least) 2 of the turnovers right there.

At tailgating before the USeD game I talked with a defensive players dad. He told me about the health of his son and others. Some stuff does not get disclosed. But it was pretty eye opening that a lot of players a playing through something.
                        Something that has changed my perspective.

Was TC hurt? He sure didn't look like normal to me.

Did he give us the best shot to win? Coaches seemed to think so.
                        Which is where I think the discussion need to be. IMO it's quite possible the mistake which lead to this embarrassment was having TC playing more then the first series in the second half against NH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I for one forgive TC. It was a nightmare no doubt, but TC is barely 21 year old kid. We all had days where our mistakes are greater then 10 turnovers. I love turnover pastry, but not the football kind
                          I feel for him as a individual and don't have any ill will. I guess my post was orientated more in a business/team sense. Not sure how to explain it.

Comment

When the playing still mattered the offensive line did reasonable job. We were moving the ball just fine, but you can't puke the ball up every damn time almost. Heck the total yards were tied or 1 off at half.

Comment

The OC panicked and called way to many pass plays, especially in the game trying to score quickly. The run game was working when the OC didnt call the darn read option plays and TC ran toward the sidelines.
                              The play of the Qb caught up with him on this game. He threw high, into crowds and behind receivers all year and this game the results were interceptions. The dropping of the ball is a mystery. Stop the OL blame, you sound like Stig now. The play calling and game plan was not very well done. The deer in the headlight look from TC should have been addressed by a coach on the sideline but no one coaches the Qb in the sideline, only the phone call.

Comment

This game reminds me of the 1968 Pueblo Incident where Commander Bucher appeared to be the fall guy for this entire incident. At the conclusion of the Naval Inquiry, one admiral whose name I don't recall made this very important statement. "There is enough blame to go around for everyone." Saturday's game is very similar in that there is enough blame to go around. I had not watched the game in person and got bits and pieces on the radio and had no idea what the OL was doing, but it would appear they were not 100 per cent either.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 12-21-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X