TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC

if TC was injured like some have suggested he did a disservice to the team and fans by staying in the game. Stig did a disservice by leaving him in. 10 turnovers???? countless over throws, under throws, behind, and to far in front. whats it take??? whats it take for a coach to talk to his player and say you just dont have it today, lets let Dalton see what he can do. Pride??? seemed every one else showed up to play except for the most important player on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      if TC was injured like some have suggested he did a disservice to the team and fans by staying in the game. Stig did a disservice by leaving him in. 10 turnovers???? countless over throws, under throws, behind, and to far in front. whats it take??? whats it take for a coach to talk to his player and say you just dont have it today, lets let Dalton see what he can do. Pride??? seemed every one else showed up to play except for the most important player on the team.
      Their defensive line was pretty dang good too, as the five sacks illustrate. Christion was also hurried quite a bit. Stig admitted that Christion "pressed" at times, but the OL didn't have their best game either.

Christion's mobility in comparison to Douglas might have been another factor.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Gibbs will redshirt. He’s coming from a run first offense. Yes, he is very talented but there is a less than 1% chance he starts next season. I’m more worried about TC mentally then physically. His body will heal. This is the type of game that can haunt a person forever.
        I'm with you; hopefully the coaches are more objective than some of the fans. Otherwise, concerns about Christion's confidence and mental state next season are definitely valid.

Comment

Guess all we can do now is speculate; however, we would be remiss in failing to mention that if Christion had been pulled, he'd likely be receiving criticism from the same people for not "gutting it out" when the Jacks were fighting for their playoff lives (and Stig for "throwing in the towel" [unless Douglas came in and lit the world on fire rather than getting sacked just as much as Christion]). Interesting how that works from the comfort of one's couch, sports bar stool, etc.

Comment

This would not have been Stigs call. As he stated on the radio show about leaving the starters in last week during the blowout, he let's his coordinators run their units. It is up to them to make that call. He said on his radio show he does not micromanage the individual units. The coordinators are payed good money to do their jobs.

So blame eidsness.

Of course Stig could overrule it, but he believes in his guys to make the right call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              This would not have been Stigs call. As he stated on the radio show about leaving the starters in last week during the blowout, he let's his coordinators run their units. It is up to them to make that call. He said on his radio show he does not micromanage the individual units. The coordinators are payed good money to do their jobs.

So blame eidsness.

Of course Stig could overrule it, but he believes in his guys to make the right call.

He is the head coach. Any blame that the coordinators receive should also be levied against him. There is a fine line between trusting your guys and not being in control of what happens on the field. Telling an OC that it is time to pull the starters isn't "micromanaging," it is being a responsible head coach. Does this mean that he won't overrule a playcall or defensive adjustment?

Don't get me wrong, he is a great coach. That is why I find this answer a little odd.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Does this mean that he won't overrule a playcall or defensive adjustment?
                I don't think he would as long as it's not ridiculous. He has hired the staff and he lets them do their jobs.

Comment

Usually, the day after a bad loss, I'm fully recovered and wind up regretting some of the things I say and post. Today, I'm just stupefied. I just cannot, in any way, fathom a player having such a bad game. I don't say that with anger. I just can't wrap my head around how bad it was. And so many of the mistakes weren't really forced. I checked the Argus to see what TC had to say. He wasn't quoted. And while maybe that was an act of mercy on behalf of Zim, it also seemed like avoiding talking about the elephant in the corner of the room. And, honestly, a shirking of his responsibilities. I watched it and I still can hardly believe it. Maybe after the first quarter, the coaches just say, "To heck with it, we're going to run all day." I don't know. Pull him? I couldn't have gone worse, but he's clearly our best QB even though he was dreadful yesterday. Injured? Nobody's saying anything. So beats me. I fully admit that I am the first to be very harsh on our coaching staff. But they didn't keep dropping the ball. They didn't miss wide open receivers headed to the end zone. They didn't make bad pass after bad pass after bad pass. So I've got nothing. It was an egg for the ages. I guess I just hope TC apologized to his teammates, especially the seniors. Because they deserved better. I'm not saying we would have won, but...one player with nine turnovers and a couple of missed passes that would have likely gone for six? Well, I won't concede we wouldn't have won, either. I am very, very concerned the game could badly damage TC. It's not something you can just snap your fingers and be done with. It's going to leave a mark. He doesn't get a chance to get the bad taste out of his mouth for eight months. That's a long time to think about it. Ufda.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    And reading some of your past posts, you are a dumb fck
                    Yes, clearly a higher intellect swears at another on an internet fan forum.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      It's tough for a true freshman to win a starting position, much less at QB. As much as we are all down on TC after today, I believe he already owns the school career record for total yards after basically 2 1/2 seasons. Unless Gibbs won't agree to it, I would be surprised if he doesn't redshirt. Unless Christion gets hurt, than all bets are off.
                      Agreed.
                      TC lost a big game to an extremely tough opponent. But he's won a lot of games for this team and there shouldn't be any question but that he's this teams QB next fall. TC does have a propensity to go for the less then certain home run ball when better options are available. Luckily, he's had two sets of hands that will be playing Sundays bailing him out on those plays for three years.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Guess all we can do now is speculate; however, we would be remiss in failing to mention that if Christion had been pulled, he'd likely be receiving criticism from the same people for not "gutting it out" when the Jacks were fighting for their playoff lives (and Stig for "throwing in the towel" [unless Douglas came in and lit the world on fire rather than getting sacked just as much as Christion]). Interesting how that works from the comfort of one's couch, sports bar stool, etc.
                        You just never stop grinding that axe do you? Get over yourself and move on already.

Comment

Earlier in the season I said that SDSU would be in good shape is TC has less that 15 TO's for the season. Little did I know he would have more that half of that many in one game.
                          I thought if SDSU didn't turn it over they would win but if they had more then 2 TO's it would be tough. The defense played good for most of the game but our high powered offense just didn't do anything. TC is a good QB but he is really inconsistent. If he would play like he did against NDSU we could have been undefeated but he has been hit and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            You just never stop grinding that axe do you? Get over yourself and move on already.
                            Follow your own advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                              Agreed.
                              TC lost a big game to an extremely tough opponent. But he's won a lot of games for this team and there shouldn't be any question but that he's this teams QB next fall. TC does have a propensity to go for the less then certain home run ball when better options are available. Luckily, he's had two sets of hands that will be playing Sundays bailing him out on those plays for three years.
                              Good post as was the reply to mitchell. I was surprised with mitchellrabbit replying in the fashion he did. I bet he would not tell a retail customer that. I think this game was very hard on people who were expecting more out of our boys who are not old enough to purchase a beverage of alcohol or barely at the legal age and eligible to vote. Its a very important football game. We did not play well and its time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                Follow your own advice.
                                Edit: On second thought, best of luck. Congrats, I’m outta here.

and yes, I typed the first paragraph from my couch, and this part from my barstool.
                                Last edited by TK22867; 12-17-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X