Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    And not a single one of the posters on this thread, mentioned the play of the offensive line. How many games have we played this year, where the quarterback was sacked five times? He got wacked early, and while I also believe he had his worst game, I also noted that he was having a huge problem getting time to do more than one read and toss it. I certainly believe it was his worst game (reminiscent of the UNI game), but throwing him completely under the bus seems a bit OMG to me. I was there and just as upset as any of you, but I also realize we had a defense that let TD's occur on huge runs. I also realize that the defense was required to spend huge chunks of time on the field, when the offense turned the ball over frequently. TC has to share the blame, and I'm sure he knows it. But I also recall 8 straight wins (every one of them a "must" game) where TC, and the defense, and the run and pass offense delivered to get us to the semi-final game. I feel for the team, and the coaches, more than the fans. We will go about our lives until next year, but this loss will eat at the fabric of our seniors, and others for a long, long time. Me? I'm ready for basketball and look forward to next fall's football season with continued excitement.
    Throwing him under the bus and making excuses left and right are both in the same for me. He played bad, there is no way around it. He had time, he held on to the ball too much, and when he did throw it, he threw it inaccurately. Now how much of that is him, receivers, O-line, the game plan, the adjustments? IDK, I coach football and it's never just 1 persons fault, but he played poorly, he looked confused, made some bad throws, burned out the defense, got down big and then you play under their rules.

I watched the game, and to me, it looked like he was seeing something he didn't expect from the defense early. Now maybe it was that he had an injury and didn't feel confident, but to me he looked hesitant, like he wasn't seeing the field like he thought he would.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Throwing him under the bus and making excuses left and right are both in the same for me. He played bad, there is no way around it. He had time, he held on to the ball too much, and when he did throw it, he threw it inaccurately. Now how much of that is him, receivers, O-line, the game plan, the adjustments? IDK, I coach football and it's never just 1 persons fault, but he played poorly, he looked confused, made some bad throws, burned out the defense, got down big and then you play under their rules.

I watched the game, and to me, it looked like he was seeing something he didn't expect from the defense early. Now maybe it was that he had an injury and didn't feel confident, but to me he looked hesitant, like he wasn't seeing the field like he thought he would.
      Wonder what New Hampshire felt like as they were going home?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

The idea that the turnovers "burned out the defense" just doesn't hold up. After the Jacks pulled within 14-10 late in the first half, the Jacks led in time of possession by 18 minutes to 8 for JMU. They then went on a 3 minute drive to make the score 21-10 with an 18-11 TOP edge for the Jacks at halftime. JMU then opened the 3rd by going on a 2 play, 70 yard TD drive followed by a 3 play, 90 yard TD drive to make the score 35-10 and basically ending the Jack's chances of winning. Even at the end of the 3rd, the Jacks still held a 27-18 edge in TOP. By then, JMU had scored all their points. I'm not saying TC doesn't deserve a big part of the blame for the end result, but the defense definitely can't use the excuse of being of being tired when they gave up those 3 long TD drives that basically put the game out of reach.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          The idea that the turnovers "burned out the defense" just doesn't hold up. After the Jacks pulled within 14-10 late in the first half, the Jacks led in time of possession by 18 minutes to 8 for JMU. They then went on a 3 minute drive to make the score 21-10 with an 18-11 TOP edge for the Jacks at halftime. JMU then opened the 3rd by going on a 2 play, 70 yard TD drive followed by a 3 play, 90 yard TD drive to make the score 35-10 and basically ending the Jack's chances of winning. Even at the end of the 3rd, the Jacks still held a 27-18 edge in TOP. By then, JMU had scored all their points. I'm not saying TC doesn't deserve a big part of the blame for the end result, but the defense definitely can't use the excuse of being of being tired when they gave up those 3 long TD drives that basically put the game out of reach.
          I gotta think it's more of a mental impact than physical. You really can't argue considering the situations they were put in, the defense played well for the first quarter and a half...maybe a tad more. But to continue to be put in tough situations by the offense has to take a mental toll. After about the 5th turnover the defense has to be saying "Really!?! Again!?!". I know I was saying that at home.

It's interesting in every one of our wins we scored first and only two of those games did we fail to score on our first drive (ISU-red and USD). In our losses we fell behind and could never recover. We took the opening kickoff and moved the ball fairly easily to the JMU 25 or so and fumbled. I believe if we score there the game goes much differently.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I gotta think it's more of a mental impact than physical. You really can't argue considering the situations they were put in, the defense played well for the first quarter and a half...maybe a tad more. But to continue to be put in tough situations by the offense has to take a mental toll. After about the 5th turnover the defense has to be saying "Really!?! Again!?!". I know I was saying that at home.

It's interesting in every one of our wins we scored first and only two of those games did we fail to score on our first drive (ISU-red and USD). In our losses we fell behind and could never recover. We took the opening kickoff and moved the ball fairly easily to the JMU 25 or so and fumbled. I believe if we score there the game goes much differently.
            If our defense isn't mentally tough enough to have incentive to play their best right after the offense just scored to make it 14-10, then I'm not sure what to think. It seemed once JMU figured out they could break off big chunks of yardage by running up the middle, things went downhill quickly. There were no turnovers during the time the score quickly went from 14-10 to 35-10. Again, I'm not saying the defense was to blame for the loss, but it wasn't just the offense's fault either.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
              Wonder what New Hampshire felt like as they were going home?
              I think we know

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                If our defense isn't mentally tough enough to have incentive to play their best right after the offense just scored to make it 14-10, then I'm not sure what to think. It seemed once JMU figured out they could break off big chunks of yardage by running up the middle, things went downhill quickly. There were no turnovers during the time the score quickly went from 14-10 to 35-10. Again, I'm not saying the defense was to blame for the loss, but it wasn't just the offense's fault either.
                A loss like that certainly isn't the fault of one unit and I've never said that. Lot's of fingerprints on the murder weapon. We'd been hit by a couple dozen body blows by the time JMU got their last possession of the half. You can pretend like the turnovers didn't affect our defense but I'm quite certain they did.

Our team this year went as the offense went. Our defense wasn't built to work from behind. If our offense scored early it seemed to give the entire team confidence.

Comment

I'd like to compliment the people on this board who have weighed in on this subject. The comments have been fairly civil. I've read other boards and noticed that if a young athlete on one of their teams has a tough game, well, the knives come out. The anonymous posters don't care if their words hurt or not.

Another thing. There are some boards where the posters seem to drop the "f bomb" in about every sentence. It makes you wonder where we've advanced as a civilization. I hope those posters don't have children.

Finally, Merry Christmas 'Rabbits.

Comment

Nick Saban. Putting in a backup in the biggest game of the year. Because he had to. Because he makes tough calls and doesn't spare feelings. Because he's a winner. Because he's a WINNER!
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      Nick Saban. Putting in a backup in the biggest game of the year. Because he had to. Because he makes tough calls and doesn't spare feelings. Because he's a winner. Because he's a WINNER!
                      Lol, I knew someone would post this. The situation is completely different though. We didn't have the #1 QB recruit in the nation waiting in the wings. Also. He put him in there because his strength was passing and he did that better than the starter. The same can't be said for our backups.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Lol, I knew someone would post this. The situation is completely different though. We didn't have the #1 QB recruit in the nation waiting in the wings. Also. He put him in there because his strength was passing and he did that better than the starter. The same can't be said for our backups.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Keep in mind he usually posts when we lose, are losing or have a bad game. Otherwise we do t hear from him. Possibly a yote fan in disguise?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Keep in mind he usually posts when we lose, are losing or have a bad game. Otherwise we do t hear from him. Possibly a yote fan in disguise?
                            Tongue in cheek perhaps?

Comment

Comparing SDSU to Alabama has little merit. The backup quarterback for the Jacks was a huge drop off and Bama had another top quarterback to insert in the second half. No doubt TC played awful but the backup wasn’t an option.

Comment

"You gotta dance with the one that brung ya" Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X