Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ JMU Bulldogs With Too Much Bling

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I really think it was a coaching error either way to leave Taryn in so long in the quarterfinal game. We did the same thing with Stick...to high of a risk for no reward. I have to think that played a part...to coincidental that he had such a horrific game. Not to take anything away from JMU, though...their pass defense is really good...I don't think I've seen anybody like them...their level of aggressiveness is amazing. And home field advantage can be big...I think long travel games have had impact on the Jacks through the years. It all snowballed. And I agree, JMU is not 35 pts better.
    I just looked at some stats. We had 366 yards of total offense (120 on the ground and 246 through the air). We had those yards in spite of turning the ball over 10 times. We moved the ball against them. But, for whatever the reason if we don't get off to a good start, ie score first we were awful this year. I just really wish we could figure out a way to be consistent and not get curbed stomped out of the playoffs year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I just looked at some stats. We had 366 yards of total offense (120 on the ground and 246 through the air). We had those yards in spite of turning the ball over 10 times. We moved the ball against them. But, for whatever the reason if we don't get off to a good start, ie score first we were awful this year. I just really wish we could figure out a way to be consistent and not get curbed stomped out of the playoffs year in and year out.
      What are your thoughts on the NDSU/JMU matchup? I do agree with the a JMU poster's comments (not sure if on here or another board) that they will stack the box against us rather than focusing on the pass when they play us.

Comment

What are your thoughts on the NDSU/JMU matchup? I do agree with the a JMU poster's comments (not sure if on here or another board) that they will stack the box against us rather than focusing on the pass when they play us.
        NDSU by 14, and the game will never be in doubt. Something about this year's NDSU team, expect some pain to be administered early in that game which will set the tone.

Comment

NDSU's defense is stout. JMU will have trouble moving the ball, let alone scoring. The JMU DBs are special, but the NDSU o-line is even more special. Run the ball and play defense and the trophy will head back north.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I'd sure like to know if Taryn's hand was an issue. If it was, I'd think maybe the coaches would have said something. Also, if it was you'd like to think they wouldn't have left him out there for as long as they did.

I'm pretty confident JMU isn't really 35 points better than us.
            I kind of doubt he had a hand injury because some of his passes were bullets with a lot of zip on them, you don't throw passes with that velocity with an injured hand,at least I wouldn't think you could.

Comment

After Wentz came back for the championship game two years ago, and NDSU lost last year, I think Stick wants his and will lead NDSU to victory, regardless of what JMU tries to do.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                After Wentz came back for the championship game two years ago, and NDSU lost last year, I think Stick wants his and will lead NDSU to victory, regardless of what JMU tries to do.
                It is for Stick that I wanted this so bad. The kid very publicly stated he wanted to hand this back to Wentz to complete. Has to be tough to lead the team to the championship and then not get to play it himself...great kid.

Anyway, I appreciate all the kind comments...and not getting told to shove it when I asked for thoughts. I understand it probably isn't something you guys care to ponder.

Comment

Here is my take, we play JMU 100 times, they win 60, we win 40. and there are only a few games that are not close. this was that 1 fluke game, we play them again in a week or two and I think the outcome is very much different.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It is for Stick that I wanted this so bad. The kid very publicly stated he wanted to hand this back to Wentz to complete. Has to be tough to lead the team to the championship and then not get to play it himself...great kid.

Anyway, I appreciate all the kind comments...and not getting told to shove it when I asked for thoughts. I understand it probably isn't something you guys care to ponder.
                    Since no one else will. Shove it!!

*I think NDSU will win.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Here is my take, we play JMU 100 times, they win 60, we win 40. and there are only a few games that are not close. this was that 1 fluke game, we play them again in a week or two and I think the outcome is very much different.
                      That only happens with good QB play. And we have found that only happens half the time at best.

Comment

If it makes you feel better I’m doing my best to pretend there isn’t a game in Frisco at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          If it makes you feel better I’m doing my best to pretend there isn’t a game in Frisco at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Maybe you want to tag along anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            That only happens with good QB play. And we have found that only happens half the time at best.
                            Half the time at best...huh? He was the MVFC Offensive Player of the Year in 2016 and there was serious discussion that he should have earned that again this year. That kind of stuff doesn't happen without some solid, good, long term play.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Half the time at best...huh? He was the MVFC Offensive Player of the Year in 2016 and there was serious discussion that he should have earned that again this year. That kind of stuff doesn't happen without some solid, good, long term play.
                              Him overthrowing the deep ball all season was a little odd. However he has the worst game of his career obviously and people act like he is the next TOB. guess will have to wait till next year to see what lingering effects this will have on him.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Maybe you want to tag along anyway...
                                Nei takk!! Translation from Norwegian “No Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X