Time to reinforce roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to reinforce roster?

How many of our 9 have started a game this year? 8? Is Lane the only one who hasn't?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      How many of our 9 have started a game this year? 8? Is Lane the only one who hasn't?
      Severin, Brown, and Polk-Hilliard have been the non-starter players so far this year.

Key, Flatten, King, Howell, Jenkins, Telly, Daum, Theisen have been the starters so far this year (if my quick perusal of the game box scores is correct).
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Have "Tryouts" for a couple walk on positions over Christmas break! ( I doubt they do this, but it would be cool)

Like was said... they really don't "NEED" anyone, but it would be nice to have a guy or two to play a mop up minute or two.

PLUS, what a great experience for that student! Have a chance to sit the bench and practice with a solid mid major team!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          Have "Tryouts" for a couple walk on positions over Christmas break! ( I doubt they do this, but it would be cool)

Like was said... they really don't "NEED" anyone, but it would be nice to have a guy or two to play a mop up minute or two.

PLUS, what a great experience for that student! Have a chance to sit the bench and practice with a solid mid major team!
          Love this idea.

Comment

How about Dallas Goedert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              How about Dallas Goedert?

Seems like a surefire way to screw up getting drafted in the NFL.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Seems like a surefire way to screw up getting drafted in the NFL.
                It was typed with tongue in cheek.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  It was typed with tongue in cheek.

I caught it. I don't think he was even that good at basketball in high school. Or football for that matter.

Comment

The loss to Colorado in double OT demonstrated some of the risks of playing with a short bench. Theisen didn't play at all, apparently because of injury, and King fouled out late in the game. Daum played 48 of a possible 50 minutes. The Jacks played eight guys during the game, and Colorado played 12.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      The loss to Colorado in double OT demonstrated some of the risks of playing with a short bench. Theisen didn't play at all, apparently because of injury, and King fouled out late in the game. Daum played 48 of a possible 50 minutes. The Jacks played eight guys during the game, and Colorado played 12.
                      I think the altitude played a big factor in the game. Playing only 8 isn't ideal, but neither is a 2 OT game.

This team with 8/9 players is good enough to win every game the rest of the way.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I am curious what TJ is considering with the open scholarship. With Theisen graduating along with Severyn I feel like we are losing most of our size and toughness inside. I would love to see a 5th senior or juco big come aboard next season or we will be looking at 2 red shirt freshman in Dillon and Dentlinger as our enforcers on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                          I am curious what TJ is considering with the open scholarship. With Theisen graduating along with Severyn I feel like we are losing most of our size and toughness inside. I would love to see a 5th senior or juco big come aboard next season or we will be looking at 2 red shirt freshman in Dillon and Dentlinger as our enforcers on the inside.
                          I've been wondering this as well. Even if the unspeakable doesn't happen we are still really thin down low. Depending on two redshirt freshman in the post seems risky, but that is coming from a guy who doesn't see them practice everyday.

Comment

Well, we had a 6’9” big who coach didn’t seem to want who is now averaging nearly 10 ppg as a redshirt freshman for Wright State. Think coach blew it on that one.

Comment

After Polk-Hilliard left, that scholarship should go to Dentlinger who I believe was paying his own way this year. We know 3 players are graduating, with Flatten up in the air depending on if he tries to get another year. We've signed three, so a 4th scholarship opening up would depend on what Flatten does.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                                Well, we had a 6’9” big who coach didn’t seem to want who is now averaging nearly 10 ppg as a redshirt freshman for Wright State. Think coach blew it on that one.
                                Are you sure it wasn't his choice to stick with Nagy? I have no idea but I did watch the Wright St/Georgia Tech game the other night and I'd offer that kid a scholarship and full cost-of-enrollment tomorrow if I could. He's a beast.

Dillon came in with some pretty big hype and he definitely does not look like a skinny freshman. Hopefully he's showing some skills in practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X