Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to reinforce roster?

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Well when Nagy was here we use to have a 9 man rotation in the OOC and then when conference play started he would shorten the rotation to 7. So that is basically what is happening now, so having 9 on the bench is plenty and we can absorb 2 injuries or suspensions.
    I thought that most years when Nagy was here he would play about 8 guys al least 10 minutes of so in about 80% of the games so it was shorter but not much. There might have been a few years when they needed football players, Marshall had to sit out the first semester or when people defected during the transition but I think those were the exceptions to the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Idk... Howell was needed last year to add a scoring spark. Jenkins provides that and has the ability to score more than Howell did. He'll be needed throughout the regular season, but he might end up being the odd man out when it comes to a short rotation. Especially when Flatten and Severyn are playing as well as they are.
      I think it depends on what you need. Both Howell and Jenkins are scorers but Jenkins can shoot and Howell needs to get to the basket. Howell did rebound better but we needed shooting last year and Jenkins does that so that might put him over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Howell is averaging 14 minutes per game this season. Last year he average just over 16. I'm not sure why he didn't play against NDSU, but I'm not going to say he's wasting away on our bench just yet. Now if he sits the next couple I may agree.
        For the season you may be correct. However, over the last 12 games (which was when we started making our run) he averaged 24 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          For the season you may be correct. However, over the last 12 games (which was when we started making our run) he averaged 24 mpg.
          I agree, but who would you rather have on the floor Howell or Jenkins? Howell's shooting is a weakness that is magnified against some teams.

Comment

I can't stand Key's little tricks he does bringing up the ball when he isn't being guarded. Act like a adult out there. My worries are if both Key and Howell have developed a bad attitude we are now a 7 man team, great, until someone gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              I can't stand Key's little tricks he does bringing up the ball when he isn't being guarded. Act like a adult out there. My worries are if both Key and Howell have developed a bad attitude we are now a 7 man team, great, until someone gets hurt.
              what are his little tricks?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                what are his little tricks?
                I've seen him slamming the ball down bouncing it up high, dribbling behind his back or between his legs. Just crap that there is no reason for, if he was Mike Daum quality I wouldn't like it but there is no reason to act cocky when you aren't much of a player.

Comment

I've seen him slamming the ball down bouncing it up high, dribbling behind his back or between his legs. Just crap that there is no reason for, if he was Mike Daum quality I wouldn't like it but there is no reason to act cocky when you aren't much of a player.
                  98Jackfarmer -- Your posts remind me of a joke. Guy joins a monastery whose monks, except for the abbot, are forbidden from speaking but for once each year and even then, they are restricted to just two words. After a year, the abbot invites the new guy to his office "You've been here a year...do you have anything to say?" The guy responds "Bed's hard." Another year goes by and the monk goes in for his annual meeting with the abbot. He says "Food's cold." The next year, the monk enters the abbot's office and says "I quit" to which the abbot responds: "Well, it's no wonder. You've done nothing but complain since you arrived."

72 posts, lots of complaining.

Carry on.

Comment

I agree, but who would you rather have on the floor Howell or Jenkins? Howell's shooting is a weakness that is magnified against some teams.
                    Some people would say that Jenkins defense is a weakness that is magnified against some teams. I am guessing his offensive prowess overrides his defensive liabilities more than the reverse does for Howell.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      98Jackfarmer -- Your posts remind me of a joke. Guy joins a monastery whose monks, except for the abbot, are forbidden from speaking but for once each year and even then, they are restricted to just two words. After a year, the abbot invites the new guy to his office "You've been here a year...do you have anything to say?" The guy responds "Bed's hard." Another year goes by and the monk goes in for his annual meeting with the abbot. He says "Food's cold." The next year, the monk enters the abbot's office and says "I quit" to which the abbot responds: "Well, it's no wonder. You've done nothing but complain since you arrived."

Carry on.
                      OK, I can tow the line and say everything is great and we have the best teams ever f'ing seen. Is that the theme here? I expect the teams out on the field/court to perform. Not that a discussion board matters, but if you want to be the best why in the flocking hell do "you " make excuses for players that can't perform?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Carry on.
                        An example:
                        When we go down to the number 2, or 1, (I blocked it out of my memory, I was there, it was horrible), ranked team and get beat because they are just an outright better team, (and they could have been), it's fine with me. But when we go down there and look like asses because of our QB, I'm not going to make any excuses. So call me whatever you want.

Comment

An example:
                          When we go down to the number 2, or 1, (I blocked it out of my memory, I was there, it was horrible), ranked team and get beat because they are just an outright better team, (and they could have been), it's fine with me. But when we go down there and look like asses because of our QB, I'm not going to make any excuses. So call me whatever you want.
                          You weren't called anything. Just noting it appears ya' got a lotta anger built up over some college athletes. Lighten up, Frances. Okay, now I called you Frances.

Seems to me that a big part of the attraction of college sports compared to pro sports is the potential for unexpected upsets, miscues and screwups. Hate to see it happen to my team and I don't mind when it happens to the other guy. But, it happens.
                          Last edited by JackJD; 01-05-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                            Some people would say that Jenkins defense is a weakness that is magnified against some teams. I am guessing his offensive prowess overrides his defensive liabilities more than the reverse does for Howell.
                            They said the same thing about Nate, and to an extent they say it about Daum too. What they lack on the defensive side of the ball, they more than make up for on the offensive end.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Why does it have to be an either or? Plus, Howell isn’t playing 40 mpg.

Comment

Working...
                              X