Frisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frisco

I am going. My biggest problem is gonna be getting son home to Brandon because I have a Farm Show in Topeka the Tuesday after the Natty. You better believe I am planning ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/wDZFf0pm0SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

TAB (or anyone else who has been to Frisco for a football game) - What are sight lines like? Are there any bad seats/sections to avoid? Do you have a good view from the goal line sections? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra money to be midfield, or do all seats have a good view?

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
          TAB (or anyone else who has been to Frisco for a football game) - What are sight lines like? Are there any bad seats/sections to avoid? Do you have a good view from the goal line sections? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra money to be midfield, or do all seats have a good view?
          Not a bad seat in the place...

Comment

My only advice is to get to Frisco/Plano area before noon on Friday. The Friday before the game is more fun than going to the game itself. Basically a bunch of adults acting like they are in college for a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbison View Post
              My only advice is to get to Frisco/Plano area before noon on Friday. The Friday before the game is more fun than going to the game itself. Basically a bunch of adults acting like they are in college for a couple of days.
              Im fine with getting there late afternoon on Friday and acting like im in college for the evening. If i start acting like im in college at noon on Friday, i will be throwing up like im in college by 6pm. That could ruin my weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Im fine with getting there late afternoon on Friday and acting like im in college for the evening. If i start acting like im in college at noon on Friday, i will be throwing up like im in college by 6pm. That could ruin my weekend.
                LMAO, it's easy to party like a 21 year old, the hard part is recovering like a 21 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I honestly don't think it will be hard to get in on the allotment if you want to go as long as you're a season ticket holder. 4,000 people going from SDSU down to Frisco? We could barely get 6,000 to come to a playoff game where 2 future NFL players were playing their final game. I would be surprised if SDSU even uses all 4,000 of the allotment if that's the number.
                  This made me chuckle. Mainly because I agree. Only 5,500 for cheap tickets at a home playoff game but suddenly we need more than 4,000 tickets at $100 each for a game 14 hours away by car. Not sure whether I would be happy they show up or pissed that they show up. I guess let's just get there first. The 5,500 last week was embarrassing.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    This made me chuckle. Mainly because I agree. Only 5,500 for cheap tickets at a home playoff game but suddenly we need more than 4,000 tickets at $100 each for a game 14 hours away by car. Not sure whether I would be happy they show up or pissed that they show up. I guess let's just get there first. The 5,500 last week was embarrassing.

SUPERBUNNY
                    Unfortunately as much as I would love to be able to go, and haven't missed a home playoff game, there isn't any way the wife and I can go

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

SUPERBUNNY
                      This × 10

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        I see what you are saying...and I thought like you are once upon a time...but with 5 trips under my belt I have a little unasked for advice. Getting there Friday afternoon is too late. We did that the first time. You barely get there, go out for something to eat and a few drinks, and boom...it is gameday...and early at that. If you are flying, a lot of flights make you get to the airport very early. This all makes you feel like you barely got there and boom, you are on your way back again. With that said, if at all possible get there Thursday. This gives you time to hit a few bbq and tex-mex joints. You gotta soak up the food there...so good. Plenty of attractions to see, etc. For us, my plan is to take off Wednesday afternoon and drive part way (we've always done it in one shot before) and then take off early Thursday morning and be there early afternoon on Thursday. Give the kids some pool time, and have plenty of time for drinks and food.

You never know when you will get the next chance to go down there...don't rush it...take an extra day...you will not regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          I see what you are saying...and I thought like you are once upon a time...but with 5 trips under my belt I have a little unasked for advice. Getting there Friday afternoon is too late. We did that the first time. You barely get there, go out for something to eat and a few drinks, and boom...it is gameday...and early at that. If you are flying, a lot of flights make you get to the airport very early. This all makes you feel like you barely got there and boom, you are on your way back again. With that said, if at all possible get there Thursday. This gives you time to hit a few bbq and tex-mex joints. You gotta soak up the food there...so good. Plenty of attractions to see, etc. For us, my plan is to take off Wednesday afternoon and drive part way (we've always done it in one shot before) and then take off early Thursday morning and be there early afternoon on Thursday. Give the kids some pool time, and have plenty of time for drinks and food.

You never know when you will get the next chance to go down there...don't rush it...take an extra day...you will not regret it.

I would love to go down early. I could do it but not sure my son will be able to get off work thursday. I would at least like to drive part way down on thur night. Maybe get to KC and drive the rest of the way Fri morning. But we have to win first and then we can finalize the plans.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

So you're saying my plan to take a sleeping bag and crash in my pickup for a night or two is a bad one? I've also been looking into a few campgrounds in the area and am thinking I may tent it. This is assuming my dad and brother don't go and I head down there by myself.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              So you're saying my plan to take a sleeping bag and crash in my pickup for a night or two is a bad one? I've also been looking into a few campgrounds in the area and am thinking I may tent it. This is assuming my dad and brother don't go and I head down there by myself.
                              Would be a cold night or two....brrr. Always seems the week before and after are in the 60s or higher...and the weekend of the game is in the 30s and 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                You are going to North Texas not Aruba. There is a difference in night temps.

Comment

Working...
                                X